[TC] Gaming Forums
About to buy a car soon - What micro car would you recommend? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: About to buy a car soon - What micro car would you recommend? (/showthread.php?tid=19080)

Pages: 1 2

RE: About to buy a car soon - What micro car would you recommend? - Nick - 2015-08-14 00:27

As much as I detest little cars, I haven't been that unimpressed by my little Aygo (see also, C1/107) over the past few months, and I've put a fair few miles on it.

Fuel economy wise, the best I've managed is ~71mpg (>30km/l) over a 325 mile journey (measured at the pumps) but that was boring eco-driving. Normal day to day sees between 50 to 60mpg (21 to 25) depending on how naughty my right foot feels.

Insurance won't be bad for any of these little cars, any saving you make between the cars will be marginal - I'd reckon you'll lose/save more on fuel consumption over the year.

Maintenance wise, the Aygo/C1/107 trio are pretty good. Very reliable, and because there are so many of these little buggers, parts are going to be plentiful and good value. If you can get a hold of a basic tool set, you could probably learn a few things as you go, as they're fairly simple little cars, and everything is small and easy to work on. If not, every garage will be able to work on it.

Fun wise, it's not the most exciting, but no supermini is. The gear ratios don't really encourage spirited driving, and the handling is a bit vague on the limit - absolutely fine under normal driving conditions, but don't expect pin-sharp handling if you're pushing on like your journey to the shops is a stage of the Monte Carlo rally. 64bhp doesn't seem a lot, and it isn't, but seeing as the car weighs sub-900kg, the 3 cylinder engine copes well enough. Just don't try any speedy overtaking manoeuvres.

As you're probably expecting, it's not exactly a spacious car either. You can get yourself and 3 passengers in, but luggage space will be compromised - the boot really isn't that big. You could maybe squeeze a couple of smaller suitcases in, but don't expect much else. I fit comfortably behind the wheel and I'm 6 feet tall.

That should probably cover my sales pitch, if you've got any questions let me know.

RE: About to buy a car soon - What micro car would you recommend? - Cola - 2015-08-14 08:40

What Nick said. But overtaking can be done, just go down two gears. Seriously. Unless you have passengers, then it only works downhill.

RE: About to buy a car soon - What micro car would you recommend? - Vang - 2015-08-14 11:16

If you don't want to finance the car, I would defently go for C1/107/Aygo. Just make sure it is a model with aircon!

RE: About to buy a car soon - What micro car would you recommend? - Weelob - 2015-08-25 09:18

The only issue I have with the old C1/107/Aygo is the interior is sooo ugly, but the new gen is quite nice though.

RE: About to buy a car soon - What micro car would you recommend? - Sam - 2015-08-26 20:04

Cola, Nick, I'm pretty sure a company in the UK supercharges these cars for about £3,000. All of the overtaking!