[TC] Gaming Forums
Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking (/showthread.php?tid=19204)

Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Don - 2015-08-18 19:08

Hello everyone,

So yesterday I came back home after 3 days of spending at my Dad's place, when I get back to the train station where I store my bike at a guarded parking place for cycles, I notice my key not unlocking my bike, after a closer inspection I figured my front fork has broken on multiple locations!

After having a chat with the guards asking for potential camera evidence for insurance they said it will cost me 350 euro's to get the camera footage... Leaving me with a broken bike..

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Borja - 2015-08-18 19:44

(2015-08-18 19:08)Don Wrote:  they said it will cost me 350 euro's to get the camera footage...

I can understand that they request u 350€ for it. Well , check the replay , and if something happen , they give back to you the money , and if nothing did happen , you will pay the 350. But pay without reason..

Well , how much costs the replay?

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Don - 2015-08-18 20:24

(2015-08-18 19:44)Borja Wrote:  
(2015-08-18 19:08)Don Wrote:  they said it will cost me 350 euro's to get the camera footage...

I can understand that they request u 350€ for it. Well , check the replay , and if something happen , they give back to you the money , and if nothing did happen , you will pay the 350. But pay without reason..

Well , how much costs the replay?

Also 350 Euro's because someone from the other side of the country had to come to check the footage apparently... So they call it a guarded parking but the camera footage is useless and they didn't notice anything previous days, evendo I parked it close to the guards office...
Also I have been screwing around with my lock for about 20 minutes and nobody came and check and walked out of the front door lifting the bike saying bye and nobody cared... Could have easily stolen it.

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Bez - 2015-08-18 21:16

Call the police and report it. Maybe they can look at the CCTV for free?

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Don - 2015-08-18 22:01

(2015-08-18 21:16)Bez Wrote:  Call the police and report it. Maybe they can look at the CCTV for free?

I discussed it with the people from the parking, they said there is nothing that they can do except for me to pay 350 bucks or the insurance willing to pay. But my insurance doesn't want to pay...
But I figured that my front fork has warranty for 3 years, and I am still within those 3 years so I am gonna go try get a new fork that way Wink

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Cola - 2015-08-18 22:10

Warranty should only cover damage due to failure on the fork, not from vandalism/damage.

Also, seriously do call the police about it. Of course the company says that you have to pay them, they want to make money out of you!

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Don - 2015-08-18 22:23

(2015-08-18 22:10)Cola Wrote:  Warranty should only cover damage due to failure on the fork, not from vandalism/damage.

Also, seriously do call the police about it. Of course the company says that you have to pay them, they want to make money out of you!

Well I spoke with the guards about it and they said nobody could do anything also the cops, only if somone pays 350 bucks wich is the insurance if they find it usefull and my insurance says nope to it Tongue
So after just having the shit with my G27 this comes around the corner...

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - KooKoo - 2015-08-18 22:26

Lol cops don't have the right to access the CCTV?

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Bez - 2015-08-18 22:28

I don't understand how if criminal damage has been done on a CCTV site they cant access the video feed and just check.. This €350 sounds dodgy as hell to me.. Seriously ring the police report the vandalism and tell them there is CCTV onsite.

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Don - 2015-08-18 22:51

(2015-08-18 22:28)Bez Wrote:  I don't understand how if criminal damage has been done on a CCTV site they cant access the video feed and just check.. This €350 sounds dodgy as hell to me.. Seriously ring the police report the vandalism and tell them there is CCTV onsite.

I'll give it a shot tommorow Wink We shall see what they do Smile

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Don - 2015-08-19 10:55

Well I have spoken with the police today and they said it would make no sence reporting because my insurance doesn't want to cooperate..

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - KooKoo - 2015-08-19 12:11

Dont pay 350 euro

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Val - 2015-08-19 16:10

(2015-08-19 10:55)Don Wrote:  Well I have spoken with the police today and they said it would make no sence reporting because my insurance doesn't want to cooperate..

This is no sense. Wtf.

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Brad - 2015-08-19 17:42

Unless you have very dodgy insurance, they can't just decide not to co-operate. If they want / need the CCTV evidence they can pay for it?

Maybe policies are different over there, but I couldn't see a UK insurer getting away with that...

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Chuck - 2015-08-19 18:14

I'm not sure how things run in the Netherlands but these are my thoughts:

1. Inform the police and report a crime. Its their job to secure evidence, ie get that video footage. If that's only available at costs, they have to pay. (Should have called them instantly to the actual scene)

2. Find out what the actual conditions are when parking there. Maybe you can hold the operator of that parking facility responsible. Ie, if you pay money and especially if they advertise it as guarded parking, but it turns out nobody is actually guarding it.

3. If you have a insurance that covers these sort of events, let them pay.

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Borja - 2015-08-19 18:19

Well , and if you pay the 350€ and you have the reason , what happen?

RE: Broken Bike After Parking in Guarded parking - Don - 2015-08-19 20:53

Administrator Message by: BP

Removed avoidance of forum swear filter

Well it's just a ****** up, unlucky situation...
And apparently nobody seems to care and comes down that I have to pay all the damage myself..
Soon I will have a chat with my dealer and see if we can come up with a reasonable price Wink