[TC] Gaming Forums
Suggestion or two - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Suggestion or two (/showthread.php?tid=1935)

Suggestion or two - Ice - 2012-02-03 09:27

Heya folks.

The other day i came up with a suggestion (probably has already been discussed, but worth suggesting imo), that it might be good to have 1 (only 1!) !pitlane command during your session on the server. You would have to pay to be pitlaned (maybe 500-1000€ fine), the reason why i came up with this is because sometimes when you just get oobed by some wrongsider or not entirely your fault (or even if it is, doesn't matter) and you have more than 200-300 kms it gets very frustrating to start all over again. Given 1 pitlane command could help TC admins not to bother with that so much (giving them less work to do - check replay or bother with person who got oobed), so they can focus on other things or simply just cruise in peace.

The other suggestion, which is rather not necessary, but given the COP XP, ROBBER XP etc. that just don't do nothing, you could use a command like !profile x, where x would be username, and you could check one's profile (XP points, wealth, money, chases he's been in etc. etc.). Maybe also add a sort of "ranking" system, like more than 100 robber XP would give you a rank of "knows how to escape" or something Biggrin

EDIT: Thought about another one. Maybe add cross server messages for channels, pm's and !tc, but not regular chat, as it would be too spammy if it were like that. Smile

Any suggestions of either improving or correcting or even not liking the suggestion(s) would be appreciated Smile

RE: Suggestion or two - Stevo - 2012-02-03 11:13

Nice idea, but makes it too easy for people to keep their KM's if they tip them selves over also.

Nearly all of the time you will have someone on the server to tip or un-stuck you if you ask nicely Smile

The ranking system can be found at the top in "Server Stats". If you want to show someone your stats do !stats and copy it over. Looking at someone else's profile seems cool as not sure of other ways to do that. The naming system seems good for different levels, but I think just showing your XP will show if your good at escaping or not Tongue

The PM system is already introduced. And so is !TC

RE: Suggestion or two - Ice - 2012-02-03 11:22

Stevo, you would only be able to use the !pitlane once in your session, meaning if you pitlane on 300 kms, was that the last pitlane in the session, so the moment you go oob again, you'd have to start all over again Smile

For !profile you might be right, but it would save you some time, and usually when you do !stats the data disapears rather quick Smile

I meant that you could send PM or talk in channel from server 1 to server 2 and back, i don't know about !tc command if it already does that, just included it in case it doesn't

RE: Suggestion or two - Stevo - 2012-02-03 12:18

I see, so +1 to that one for just the once Smile

I like the idea about !pm to another server but you wouldn't know if they are online in the other server still and most/nearly all the time friends are in the same server.

RE: Suggestion or two - James - 2012-02-03 15:52

!pitlane being readily available is probably open for abuse. Its wrong to be honest and the current system should be fine. Its only a game and you gave up some time to drive some KMs. Guess what, youll probably do the same again the next day or two. Just because you lost some KMs to a nub who wrong sided you, suddenly it means you should get special treatment ? Guess what, it happens all the time. Basically, just because youve got so many KMs, it doesnt make you anymore special than any other cruiser on the server. Offering money or not. It doesnt make it right imo.

(Dont take it in bad stead, I guess my dislike to the topic has translated into the post but this is not directed at you in a manner of me attacking/flaming you).

I like the ability of being able to see if someone is a good robber or not. Though at the same time IMHO the XP is just as useless as the Win/Loss Cop stats. There are jus too many variables.

RE: Suggestion or two - Fujioshi - 2012-02-03 16:08

This is open for abuse since robbers would be able to pitlane themselves, resulting in an escape. Afaik.

RE: Suggestion or two - ZsoLT - 2012-02-03 16:10

(2012-02-03 16:08)Fuji Wrote:  This is open for abuse since robbers would be able to pitlane themselves, resulting in an escape. Afaik.

Autobust with !pitlane?

RE: Suggestion or two - Fujioshi - 2012-02-03 16:14

Well, this is from past experience. Got oob'ed by cop, asked an admin to be pitlanned, and I won the chase. This was before the insim updates, so I'm not 100% sure if it still does that

RE: Suggestion or two - Pete - 2012-02-03 16:14

The general consensus last time was that if this were to be implemented it would work like this.

The !pitlane command would cost you €500 and you will not receive your next bonus. This is to avoid abuse.

RE: Suggestion or two - Ice - 2012-02-03 16:45

PeePee, i don't know how you could abuse it if you've got only 1 pitlane in your session, meaning once you start your km run, you got 1 (only 1) pitlane available, if you get oobed during that time you can either use that 1 bonus of pitlane or just spectate and start over. Either way if you use that pitlane you'd have to start over again if you seemingly oob or get oobed. Hope you understand where i'm aiming at? This is not "special treatment" to me, it's a bonus adition in my opinion, everybody gets one at the start Wink

Lamp instead of going for unlimited !pitlanes i'd go for just 1, and to pay 500-1000€ to get pitlaned. That would help not to get abused and people would care a bit more Smile

Fuji, if that happens (to get pitlaned while in chase) it could autobust, i'm sure Chuck wouldn't have 2 minutes of work implementing that (knowing his skills in programming) Smile

RE: Suggestion or two - Pete - 2012-02-03 17:02

Nah, that wouldn't work like that Ice. It'd be easily abused.

RE: Suggestion or two - Ice - 2012-02-03 21:19

May i just ask how it could be abused?