[TC] Gaming Forums
Kyoto layout - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Kyoto layout (/showthread.php?tid=1987)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Kyoto layout - Nick - 2012-02-06 10:23

(2012-02-06 00:36)Elmo Wrote:  It is far, far too easy to earn money on the AB, so many people never leave the AB.
We could remove the speed limit again, but then that causes the old issue of people not being able to get chased for speeding, while being able to drive flat out, so they never leave the AB.

What if you removed the ability to remove money by driving on the Autobahn, while retaining the speedlimit and the ability to lose money? Distance bonuses would still be gained, making this the only profit, while speeding could result in lost money while driving and chases could still be initiated.

RE: Kyoto layout - Kyllone - 2012-02-06 11:59

(2012-02-06 10:23)Nick Wrote:  
(2012-02-06 00:36)Elmo Wrote:  It is far, far too easy to earn money on the AB, so many people never leave the AB.
We could remove the speed limit again, but then that causes the old issue of people not being able to get chased for speeding, while being able to drive flat out, so they never leave the AB.

What if you removed the ability to remove money by driving on the Autobahn, while retaining the speedlimit and the ability to lose money? Distance bonuses would still be gained, making this the only profit, while speeding could result in lost money while driving and chases could still be initiated.

That seems very good to me!!

But I like the idea of making the AB more narrow. Putting a jump/speedbump to there. In few places. ppl would have to slow down to keep car in condition.

RE: Kyoto layout - Turkey - 2012-02-06 13:56

No we can't! Lol.

RE: Kyoto layout - Makee - 2012-02-06 13:56

That is awful

RE: Kyoto layout - Luke. - 2012-02-06 16:02

All I can say is I want the old layout back.

RE: Kyoto layout - Ice - 2012-02-06 16:32

Nick, that's just about the way it was earlier, people driving FZ's and XFR's on AB (and other cars aswell) making them get bonuses either way if you remove money gain or not.

Maybe sort out kms driven on autobahn and if that exceeds 50% or whatever the number should be, it would give you only half of the bonus.

RE: Kyoto layout - smoky - 2012-02-06 16:34

(2012-02-06 16:02)Luke. Wrote:  All I can say is I want the old layout back.

+1 Thumbup

Wink

RE: Kyoto layout - Elmo - 2012-02-06 17:13

(2012-02-06 16:32)Ice Wrote:  Nick, that's just about the way it was earlier

Not quite, although he used too many 'remove's which made it less clear.

Nick's suggestion was to keep the speed limit and the ability to lose money by speeding, but not be able to gain money by normal driving.

It would be a step in the right direction for the faster cars (RAC/FZ5 and above) but no other car would lose any significant amount of money even by driving flat out. You only lose money at over 130% of the speed limit, meaning 130mph - the TBOs can't really manage more than 135mph for long, so it wouldn't make a huge amount of difference on the old system.
(2012-02-06 13:56)Turkey Wrote:  No we can't! Lol.
(2012-02-06 13:56)Makee Wrote:  That is awful
(2012-02-06 16:02)Luke. Wrote:  All I can say is I want the old layout back.
(2012-02-06 16:34)smoky Wrote:  +1 Thumbup

Wink

Please try to be constructive / specific / make more sense.

RE: Kyoto layout - smoky - 2012-02-06 17:52

(2012-02-06 17:13)Elmo Wrote:  Please try to be constructive / specific / make more sense.

okay i'll try to be more constructive although i think everything has already been said.

i don't think the "problem about chases" is an enough reason to put ramps in the middle of the highway (?!) and to close half of the highway ... kyoto loses all interest ...

if i like this track it's justly because it's an autobahn!

about the chases, there's already one roundabout, where everyone is forced to slow down and where cops can stop suspects, with for example, a roadblock ...

RE: Kyoto layout - Sadie - 2012-02-06 18:26

(2012-02-06 17:52)smoky Wrote:  
(2012-02-06 17:13)Elmo Wrote:  Please try to be constructive / specific / make more sense.

okay i'll try to be more constructive although i think everything has already been said.

i don't think the "problem about chases" is an enough reason to put ramps in the middle of the highway (?!) and to close half of the highway ... kyoto loses all interest ...

if i like this track it's justly because it's an autobahn!

about the chases, there's already one roundabout, where everyone is forced to slow down and where cops can stop suspects, with for example, a roadblock ...

In chase can you use other way. You don't need to use AB

RE: Kyoto layout - James - 2012-02-06 18:36

Yeah and no one slowed down for it anyway..

Theres one teeny tiny issue from me, the ramps. I just dont see why, when [TC] are rather sophisticated compared to other cruise servers (if you ask me) but as of late their layouts have confused me as it just seems you constantly feel the need to put random ramps in tracks Confused Just throw in your fetish for bump strips and its all good Laugh

Whats next ? Static Speedcameras ? x]

RE: Kyoto layout - Savy - 2012-02-06 18:36

I personally fail to see the attraction of driving round the autobahn all day, for me its boring and it also makes chases boring, the way I see it is if people like to drive a oval why don't they just go on a oval racing server and enjoy 100laps of oval.

RE: Kyoto layout - smoky - 2012-02-06 19:08

(2012-02-06 18:26)Adrian2k Wrote:  In chase can you use other way. You don't need to use AB

?
of course!

I gave an example to say that it's not impossible to arrest suspects who remain constantly on the autobahn, with the roundabout for example..

Anyway i am quite agree that's boring, and personnaly if i'm chased, i go out the autobahn...

RE: Kyoto layout - Nammi - 2012-02-06 19:08

the point is with the old open layout people could choose where to go - including oval AND infield + northfield. now we basically limited the options for people anding up with loosing tghe players that enjoyed the oval...

RE: Kyoto layout - BMW-gek - 2012-02-06 19:27

(2012-02-06 18:36)Savy Wrote:  I personally fail to see the attraction of driving round the autobahn all day, for me its boring and it also makes chases boring, the way I see it is if people like to drive a oval why don't they just go on a oval racing server and enjoy 100laps of oval.

The fun part of it for me is simple. In real life I don't get a safe chance to flat out with my car. Not even to mention the punishment of driving to fast and cause of losing me driving license. Can't without it I just need a car to drive to work. I found a nice substitute on TC. Just a week a month blasting on the TC autobahn, hoping I'll be clocked by the cops and drive of the Autobahn. Just for the thrill to loose the cops there.
Sometimes it happens and sometimes not. Yesterday was very big disappointed , no more Autobahn for a full blast. Crying

RE: Kyoto layout - Bez - 2012-02-06 19:40

(2012-02-05 21:11)Tommer Wrote:  In regards to Autobahn chases - This is what the advanced manouvers we teach in training are for, such as box against wall, or rolling roadblock.

If we could get cops confident in fast cars such as fz5 by offering driver training maybe autobahn chases would not be so much of a challenge, even I struggle to get along with an Fz5 Mellow

Though this does not necessarily fix the problem of autobahn chases, I created a junction at the ex-roundabout that I think does a better job at encouraging people to drive off the autobahn since the faster routes go away from the autobahn, and I think it's less pile up prone too since it doesn't filter into one narrow sharp lane so quickly..

[Image: scaled.php?server=51&filename=pr...res=medium]

Layout attached
I like Tommers idea. Maybe you should be able to pit on ab only if behind is clear and infront. + If people slowed for sirens instead of flying up behind them and then at 100m slow down there wouldn't be a pileup. (Maybe there should be a "louder" visual siren that you can see from 500m for the autobahn only?) The new layout is ridiculous lots of people like to just cruise around the autobahn because it is relaxing at times. (until someone cuts you up) We need to bang this on the head and get something sorted, because the layout hasn't helped at all if anything its ruined Kyoto. (No offence Elmo)

-Bez

RE: Kyoto layout - Boosted13B - 2012-02-06 20:35

I want the old layout back, even if it has to be edited a bit. I loved the long cruises on the Autobahn, without it you are forcing people to go one way, over and over again, all you guys really did with the new one was make a longer track, not a open track where anyone can do what they like.

RE: Kyoto layout - Paul - 2012-02-06 22:20

(2012-02-06 18:36)PeePee Wrote:  Yeah and no one slowed down for it anyway..

Theres one teeny tiny issue from me, the ramps. I just dont see why, when [TC] are rather sophisticated compared to other cruise servers (if you ask me) but as of late their layouts have confused me as it just seems you constantly feel the need to put random ramps in tracks Confused Just throw in your fetish for bump strips and its all good Laugh

Whats next ? Static Speedcameras ? x]

This is what I would say as well.
The new layout is nothing worth it, ofcorse driving laps is easy, round round and round again, left... left... left.. left.. but then find something else to slow the racers down on time. Bumbs or something.

RE: Kyoto layout - GKA - 2012-02-06 22:44

Personally, I think no matter how matter how much one tries, there is never gonna be a way to make sure people don't farm the Autobahn, short of making it an endless series of chicanes, and that's just a waste of objects. People were planted on the Autobahn long before the distance bonuses were even introduced.

So instead, like Tommer said, a layout that makes the racing line leave the Autobahn would most likely be the best compromise.

RE: Kyoto layout - FR4NOx - 2012-02-06 23:40

Tommer's layout would be better because it nudges you to go to the other parts of the track.

The new layout doesn't do much to stop autobahn farming, it's actually made it more fun to farm it in my opinion (handbrake turns ftw).

The old layout was flawed because there wasn't much warning at the roundabout, and it was a bit confusing too.