[TC] Gaming Forums
Kyoto layout - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Kyoto layout (/showthread.php?tid=1987)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Kyoto layout - Malibu - 2012-02-09 14:44

Variation is important on cruise servers, and tbh I think Elmo and Chuck made a good layout for the autobahn lovers.

RE: Kyoto layout - porez - 2012-02-09 15:18

(2012-02-09 14:35)Chuck Wrote:  It did apparently not work on you then lol
As you see no.

(2012-02-09 14:35)Chuck Wrote:  number of people simply got bored of it.
Sorry Chuck, but...
is here any force witch forced those people to drive around the AB?
Don't think so. We got free will right?

(2012-02-09 14:35)Chuck Wrote:  
(2012-02-09 10:07)porez Wrote:  Set speed limit at Autobahn to 120.
What kind of arguments are we getting then?
Well... 220@160 speed limit = ~ -25€? idk
But... 220@120 = ~ -100€?
Maybe that could be a reason for slow down?

(2012-02-09 14:35)Chuck Wrote:  PS: We will most likely not always play this layout when playing Kyoto. I'm certain we will see the old layout again or maybe even a Autobahn-only variant.
I'm not a Autobahn lover Wink
It's totally boring to drive circle on it.
I do it once in a blue moon. But I'd love to have this opportunity.

RE: Kyoto layout - Malibu - 2012-02-09 15:52

You can get bored of it because everyone else keeps driving it and the rest of the track remains empty. Wink

RE: Kyoto layout - starter - 2012-02-09 16:16

(2012-02-09 14:35)Chuck Wrote:  Money is certainly a reason, but a number of people simply got bored of it.

Yeah, few days ago i asked some TC members when players can expect track changing, because i got bored of Fern Bay. Then one of them (i dont remember who) told me that i should go to South City on next server. So if people got bored of driving at AB, they cant as TC's want just change server and drive on another track?

RE: Kyoto layout - Pipa - 2012-02-09 17:29

(2012-02-09 15:18)porez Wrote:  Sorry Chuck, but...
is here any force witch forced those people to drive around the AB?
Don't think so. We got free will right?

Yes the cops that have to chase suspects who are not willing to turn off the Autobahn and keep circling it for hours. And typing !lost is no option as it would just enhance the problem.

You can thank those people for taking your "free will" away.

(2012-02-09 16:16)starter Wrote:  So if people got bored of driving at AB, they cant as TC's want just change server and drive on another track?

Erm what are you on about?

RE: Kyoto layout - Malibu - 2012-02-09 17:54

(2012-02-09 16:16)starter Wrote:  
(2012-02-09 14:35)Chuck Wrote:  Money is certainly a reason, but a number of people simply got bored of it.

Yeah, few days ago i asked some TC members when players can expect track changing, because i got bored of Fern Bay. Then one of them (i dont remember who) told me that i should go to South City on next server. So if people got bored of driving at AB, they cant as TC's want just change server and drive on another track?

These people are bored of people circling the autobahn, or chasing someone on the autobahn. That does not mean they are bored of Kyoto.

Complaining now is just kinda selfish lol.

RE: Kyoto layout - Felipe Jardim - 2012-02-09 18:37

How can they be bored of circuling the AB if its been closed?

That means there getting bored of Kyoto cause the AB is nothing but a little 1.3km stretch.

Honestly since TC is being "fair" and the "majority" of the folks rather have the AB closed then open Rolleyes then TC should have the AB open one day, and closed the next day, and keep that cycle going, then no one can complain.

IDK where people are getting the idea that everyone likes this over the open AB

62 pople voted, thats enough to fill 2 rooms

80 percent of the people rather have it open.

Where are all those people that rather have it closed?

This is looking like a middle eastern election, you know the one where you can either vote for this guy, or for nobody, and even if "nobody" wins "this guy" is automaticly elected.

RE: Kyoto layout - Pipa - 2012-02-09 18:46

(2012-02-09 18:37)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  Honestly since TC is being "fair" and the "majority" of the folks rather have the AB closed then open Rolleyes then TC should have the AB open one day, and closed the next day, and keep that cycle going, then no one can complain.

How is that going to help the cops and robbers gameplay?

RE: Kyoto layout - Paul - 2012-02-09 18:56

(2012-02-08 13:45)Kyllone Wrote:  Tommer's suggestion is great. Again.

+1

Agreed, really nice work tommer !

RE: Kyoto layout - Nammi - 2012-02-09 19:09

if your honest the people who like the layout will ratehr be on the server indstead of beeing on the forum, voting and discussing here. thats why the vote is a bit missleading.

RE: Kyoto layout - Tommer - 2012-02-09 19:13

I like the layout that was up last night, with the exception of this bit of barrier that juts out around a hidden bend I kept clipping.. Other than that it was pretty fun to cop on Smile

RE: Kyoto layout - KaraK - 2012-02-09 19:17

Don't assume that.
People on the forum are the regulars, the ones who spend and spent quite some time on the servers.
There are more than enough people on the forums who like the layout, but there's more people who dislike this layout.

Assuming the ones who don't want change aren't voting here is rather stupid tbh.
I agree with Tommer, the barriers on the west part of autobahn are annoying, and the first time I drove there, I crashed into it full throttle.
Also, if you could close off the Nothern part of the AB, rather than the Eastern part, that'd be great.

RE: Kyoto layout - Felipe Jardim - 2012-02-09 20:25

(2012-02-09 18:46)Pipa Wrote:  
(2012-02-09 18:37)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  Honestly since TC is being "fair" and the "majority" of the folks rather have the AB closed then open Rolleyes then TC should have the AB open one day, and closed the next day, and keep that cycle going, then no one can complain.

How is that going to help the cops and robbers gameplay?

Cops can start working together and use their brains to stop people on the AB, its possible

If you had an FXO as a cop and tried to chase a XFR....lost miserably, how is that the AB's fault?

This is beyond cops and robbers, people do eventually run out of gas, people eventually makes mistakes, you can chase someone for 20 laps on the AB. their tires aren't gonna be so grippy by then, lots of variables with cops and robbers, the drivers skill is also another variable, you cant blame crappy cop work on the AB

Sure its harder, but not impossible.

And KaraK I agree with you completely.

RE: Kyoto layout - Nitros - 2012-02-09 20:46

(2012-02-09 18:37)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  This is looking like a middle eastern election, you know the one where you can either vote for this guy, or for nobody, and even if "nobody" wins "this guy" is automaticly elected.

I didn't see anyone handing out votes.

TC isn't, and probably won't ever be a democracy. No online team is, if your looking for one, your going to have to start your own.
Now we care about what people are posting, we are listening (hence the fact we are reading threads like these). But don't think we have held some election where you can make demands because of some flimsy vote.

Now, I have said before and I won't be saying again. There are some really good comments in this thread, but they are getting clogged up with all this drivel. If you want to have a go at how TC is run, start a new thread, but stop the off topic here.
Please and thank you.

RE: Kyoto layout - Josh - 2012-02-09 20:49

(2012-02-09 18:37)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  Cops can start working together and use their brains to stop people on the AB, its possible

Is it possible to bust a suspect on the Autobahn and not break any rules?

RE: Kyoto layout - Pipa - 2012-02-09 20:52

(2012-02-09 20:25)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  Cops can start working together and use their brains to stop people on the AB, its possible

Where did i say it wasn't possible?

You are completely missing the point or haven't experienced a chase circling the Autobahn without any backup available, which makes the brain bit more of a joke to be honest.
It is possible, but people usually have enough fuel to do it for an hour and since its just one big corner accidents are very rare.

So you ll end up circling the Autobahn till you get a rare opportunity to pit him or decent backup arrives. This can take time and is awfully boring.

And it wasn't just me, but i noticed a large amount of cops didn't like to cop on kyoto because very often the chases ended up on the Autobahn going in circles.

RE: Kyoto layout - GKA - 2012-02-09 23:11

(2012-02-09 15:18)porez Wrote:  Well... 220@160 speed limit = ~ -25€? idk
But... 220@120 = ~ -100€?
Maybe that could be a reason for slow down?

Erm, I racked up over a million in speeding fines before reset before last, and even spent 1 million combined from XRR rentals and the speeding fines. And that was before open tracks existed, and the closed circuit Montana was still up. And before this reset, I had at least 10 hours of XRR rental time, most of it used on whatever track was up at the time, all full throttle. The fact that I'd lose about 250 euros a second, as opposed to, oh say, the 50 euros if it was RB4, did nothing to deter me from going flat out.

Why? Because, it's fun to go flat out, and people like fun, don't they? Tongue For this reason, I doubt lowering the speed limit would have any noticeable effect on the way people drive. I mean the original Autobahn had no speed limit up until the open layout was opened, where the 100mph limit was put in place. (not sure on when exactly it was placed) Even with the speed limit in place, people still barreled around. In fact, if the speed limit was lowered, I foresee those who do follow the limits will end up getting reared ended more often, due to people still flying at speeds of 120mph+. It may have worked in the first week or so after the reset, but 1 month in, we already have people who have an established amount of cash, that if the speed limit changes, they can just brush it off.

(2012-02-09 19:13)Tommer Wrote:  I like the layout that was up last night, with the exception of this bit of barrier that juts out around a hidden bend I kept clipping.. Other than that it was pretty fun to cop on Smile

Haha, do you mean the curve coming from roundabout into the infield? If so, I think that barrier's there as a "noob valve" of sorts, to make sure cars who break late and crash, don't take out cross traffic as well Tongue

~~~

Also, as a random note, can the people who dislike the new layout(s) state why they don't like them and back it up with some examples of what's wrong with the new one? I didn't exactly like the original new layout, but since there wasn't anything fundamentally wrong with the layout, I decided I could live with it, however much I was annoyed it was a closed circuit Tongue

RE: Kyoto layout - Johan. - 2012-02-09 23:31

(2012-02-09 23:11)GKA Wrote:  I didn't exactly like the original new layout, but since there wasn't anything fundamentally wrong with the layout, I decided I could live with it, however much I was annoyed it was a closed circuit Tongue

Same here. As I pointed out before, you don't have anywhere to go, just 1 big course while you can't take an alternative one.

Its still limited, but you can atleast, without driving it first, and then U-turning it, enter the inside of the oval from the otherside.

RE: Kyoto layout - Turkey - 2012-02-10 02:13

Just driven the new layout and it's pretty good. The only thing I don't like is the speed bumps on corners. They don't seem to stop wrong siders or make it slower to wrong side, but rather create an unnecessary hazard and potentially unbalance cars. Why wasn't amco used?

RE: Kyoto layout - ChrisM - 2012-02-10 02:58

Totally agree with what Turkey said. Those speedhumps just cause a potential hazard, especially to lower cars.