[TC] Gaming Forums
New PC Parts - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: New PC Parts (/showthread.php?tid=20159)

New PC Parts - Michiyo - 2015-11-06 19:19

Hi guys, I’m looking to buy a few parts in order to upgrade my PC. Here is a list of what I’ve already got, please help me out by highlighting the parts that I’ve already got and telling me what I could replace them with:

- AMD FX™-6100 Six-Core Processor, 3300 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s).
- AMD Radeon Dual-x R9 270X GPU.
- Corsair CX 600 Watt PSU.
- 8.00 GB RAM.
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P AMD Socket AM3+ 760G DDR3 VGA DVI-D 7.1 Channel HD Audio mATX Motherboard.

The main parts I am looking to buy are a new motherboard, CPU and possibly an SSD. CPU for me has to be AMD as I’m only familiar with them so have no experience with Intels and as far as I’m aware they’re a damn sight more expensive too! Obviously any SSD as they use SATA cables so it doesn’t matter (Price however, does). And CPU depending on what motherboard I end up with I guess…Price permitting on the CPU though because the one I have now is of sound condition so it’s not compulsory I change it.

Graphics card is again…Working and fairly new compared to other parts so I’m not too worried about replacing that for now.
PSU is good not as high powered as I’d like but it runs my kit with no issues so why fix something that isn’t broken?
Oh and a new case wouldn’t go a miss. I have just under £1000 to spend all in all so I know I’m cutting it fine with all these new components however I’m sure if you tell me what they are I’ll find it cheap somewhere or…Find a cheaper alternative, maybe the one before the current piece of kit.

Like I said, I do have parts that I need to change and some I don’t want too but I’m open for ideas so please comment with links to kit and any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks! Smile

RE: New PC Parts - QATAR948 - 2015-11-06 19:22

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard (1x DDR3, 6x USB3.0, 8x USB2.0, GBE, LAN, HDMI, DVI, VGA)
Cost around £109.99 on amazon

RE: New PC Parts - Stephen - 2015-11-06 21:24

the reason why intel is more expensive is because it almost always outperforms anything amd in the same generation. amd just make cheap and well performing cpu's, intel is a more enthusiast oriented brand. Buying intel isn't that different to amd, just make sure you buy one to match the pins on the mobo and cpu. intel mobo's also have the pins on the board itself, so the cpu is just flat.

RE: New PC Parts - QATAR948 - 2015-11-07 00:03

so Stephen what cpu do you sugg to him to buy ?