[TC] Gaming Forums
Timed out - lose km - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Timed out - lose km (/showthread.php?tid=2049)

Pages: 1 2

Timed out - lose km - djdok - 2012-02-10 17:51

I have an idea.
Perhaps you know the feeling, when you cruising a lot of hours long
and you earn a lot of km's but you suddenly timed out.
And you lose hundreds of km, and a lot of work.
Its very annoying.
In my opinion, we should make that anyone timed out, and rejoin within 2 minutes, the insim restore the kms.
(it would not work those who disconnect, just who timed out! )
It make chance to enjoy the game those, who have worse internet.

What do you think about it?

RE: Timed out - lose km - BP - 2012-02-10 17:53

> Player is in an unreachable towing position
> Player unplugs his modem
> Player rejoins with his KMs

This is quite easily abusable and I think it has been suggested previously.

RE: Timed out - lose km - KaraK - 2012-02-10 21:02

Yeah, been suggested several times before, and never has there been done anything with them.
It'd be abused far too easily.

RE: Timed out - lose km - Stevo - 2012-02-10 21:24

Don't know how it's abusable if they pull the plug and they have to reconnect in 2 minutes?
For tow sake - your most likely to get sorted with someone on server anyway.

Maybe if your allowed this 1 time per session would be nice.

Many things are as abusable as this which are implemented on the servers at the moment but I've not seen them get abused.

RE: Timed out - lose km - djdok - 2012-02-10 21:29

(2012-02-10 21:24)Stevo Wrote:  Maybe if your allowed this 1 time per session would be nice.

+1

RE: Timed out - lose km - Sadie - 2012-02-10 21:31

Yes i like a idea.. I hate i lost connection.. I hate i speeding 1 kph in pit and so lost all km's

Sorry bad english.

RE: Timed out - lose km - KaraK - 2012-02-10 21:41

(2012-02-10 21:24)Stevo Wrote:  Don't know how it's abusable if they pull the plug and they have to reconnect in 2 minutes?

It's easy. Pull the plug, put it back in. Takes a few seconds Wink

RE: Timed out - lose km - BP - 2012-02-10 21:43

(2012-02-10 21:24)Stevo Wrote:  Don't know how it's abusable if they pull the plug and they have to reconnect in 2 minutes?
For tow sake - your most likely to get sorted with someone on server anyway.

Maybe if your allowed this 1 time per session would be nice.

Many things are as abusable as this which are implemented on the servers at the moment but I've not seen them get abused.

I'm not really sure what you don't understand, but I can really see (already) the scenario of someone going OOB, upside down, untowable, they force timeout and reconnect with their KMs restored.

I know most of the server's features can be potentially abused, but I would deem this as particularly more susceptible.

RE: Timed out - lose km - Stevo - 2012-02-10 21:59

(2012-02-10 21:41)KaraK Wrote:  

It's easy. Pull the plug, put it back in. Takes a few seconds Wink

Yeah but still no point in pulling the plug and re connecting lol

Towing - yeah you go out of bounds, very rarely this happens, if you do, sometimes you can be saved, most of the times if you got out of bounds you get specced anyway, I don't see the problem.

I've had 5 pints today, I think I am doing rather well in this thread.

This is for people who time out though, not pull the plug, it takes longer than a few seconds for internet to get stable again to reconnect.

I'm sure this will be a lot more used than abused.

RE: Timed out - lose km - BP - 2012-02-10 22:05

Stevo, I've got to admit you're doing very well if you have had 5 pints.

RE: Timed out - lose km - djdok - 2012-02-10 22:28

Or we can buy restore tickets, e.g. for 500 euro, and we use only 1 ticket/day.
hm? Smile

RE: Timed out - lose km - Stevo - 2012-02-10 22:28

Well, its taking me a while to type to correct any errors and spelling mistakes Tongue I should be out clubbing right now but no one is going out and I can't go clubbing on my own now can I. Ale doesn't hit me that strongly.

Restore tickets is a great idea, but maybe bump up the price?

RE: Timed out - lose km - Stunna - 2012-02-10 22:39

(2012-02-10 17:53)BoyPower Wrote:  > Player unplugs his modem
> Player rejoins with his KMs

This.

RE: Timed out - lose km - Nitros - 2012-02-10 23:03

(2012-02-10 21:59)Stevo Wrote:  Yeah but still no point in pulling the plug and re connecting lol
This is for people who time out though, not pull the plug, it takes longer than a few seconds for internet to get stable again to reconnect.

How is there no point? You would keep all your KMs after you crashed. How is that not a point?

You can emulate the same thing without even pulling anything hardware wise, anyway. You can just disable and re enable your network adapter. It would take about 15 seconds, and it would just appear to be a lost connection. You could rejoin then and get your KMs back.

RE: Timed out - lose km - Stevo - 2012-02-10 23:11

When I read it Nitros, I didn't read all of it together and noticed it would be plugged out because of a crash. But if you do it once, surely this can't be abused =/ like i said most people will help you over and if it is bad you get spectated.

It was an idea I'm just putting my idea forward and understanding.

I said it's AIMED at timing out, not that I have no idea people who do it on purpose can get the same treatment.

RE: Timed out - lose km - Josh - 2012-02-11 00:17

You don't need to abuse this more than once for it to count as abuse.

Yes, limiting you to doing it once will help minimise abuse, however, people don't usually time out just once in a single session. If you can't save your KMs after the first time out, then what's the point in allowing it at all, you'll eventually be back at square one.

RE: Timed out - lose km - James - 2012-02-11 18:01

You drive for KMs one day and when you disconnect when you are bored you lose them. Whats the difference when you pit out of bounds ? Or when you push ctrl+P instead of ctrl+O outside of a safe zone ? There is no difference between any of these.

You drive for KMs all the time, there is no difference between now or then. Like I keep saying in my posts.. Just because you have X amount of KMs doesnt make you any more special than anyone else on the server who needs to have their KMs protected. Just drive for some more.

Whats the problem with that ?

RE: Timed out - lose km - KaraK - 2012-02-11 18:18

This is about people losing connection, PeePee.

RE: Timed out - lose km - Speed - 2012-02-11 18:23

And how about losing connection in full server - unable to join agian withing the 2 minutes .

RE: Timed out - lose km - James - 2012-02-11 21:31

Thats still no excuse KaraK.