[TC] Gaming Forums
Pit on autobahn. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Pit on autobahn. (/showthread.php?tid=20630)

Pit on autobahn. - Jimmy - 2015-12-09 18:34

I dont like this when cops pitting suspect in autobahn, they causing crashes and people is not ready to slow down for sirens neither from that. any ideas to stop pit in AB?

RE: Pit on autobahn. - BP - 2015-12-09 18:39

I think this would be difficult for admins to enforce and it's also unfair for cops. It would be considerably harder to stop the suspect, and would be especially frustrating if the suspect is driving on the Autobahn for the duration of the chase.

Obviously unsafe PITs shouldn't happen anyway.

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Borja - 2015-12-09 18:39

(2015-12-09 18:34)Jimmy Wrote:  and people is not ready to slow down for sirens neither from that

This is the only problem i see , ppl failing to respect sirens. The only thing that i can see viable here , its adding some for metres range for !sirens.

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Carl - 2015-12-09 18:40

Sounds like people are just ignoring sirens.

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Adorable - 2015-12-09 18:58

(2015-12-09 18:40)Nismo Wrote:  Sounds like people are just ignoring sirens.

Because it is always on your screen even when the chase is not on the same route...
(Autobahn & Gas station for example)

Overused, so ignored.

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Otava - 2015-12-09 19:07

Add longer range to sirens as they are in autobahn

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Jacob - 2015-12-09 21:40

(2015-12-09 18:34)Jimmy Wrote:  I dont like this when cops pitting suspect in autobahn, they causing crashes and people is not ready to slow down for sirens neither from that. any ideas to stop pit in AB?

So, you say you want to stop PITs on AB in chases, but 90% of chases are only on AB...prepare full tanks of gas, these chases will be till the last fuel drop Biggrin

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Connor - 2015-12-09 22:09

Then the COPs need to be more careful when pitting on the Autobahn. In training, especially Advanced training, we encourage COPs to only PIT on the Autobahn when there is absolutely no traffic around you. Then you would be able to PIT the suspect, slow them down for a possible box, and not have people crashing into the chase due to ignoring SIRENS/not reacting in time.

If COPs are still being unsafe when pitting on the Autobahn, then we need to be more explicit in telling them when to PIT on Autobahn and when not to. It's just a case of common sense here.

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Sebas - 2015-12-10 02:08

(2015-12-09 22:09)Connor Wrote:  Then the COPs need to be more careful when pitting on the Autobahn. In training, especially Advanced training, we encourage COPs to only PIT on the Autobahn when there is absolutely no traffic around you. Then you would be able to PIT the suspect, slow them down for a possible box, and not have people crashing into the chase due to ignoring SIRENS/not reacting in time.

If COPs are still being unsafe when pitting on the Autobahn, then we need to be more explicit in telling them when to PIT on Autobahn and when not to. It's just a case of common sense here.

I have seen on some occasions that the Cop will take full advantage of the suspect oversteering in the AB to PIT him, causing him to hit the barrier at 120mph and fly oob. I hate when cops do that.

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Jimmy - 2015-12-10 05:22

(2015-12-10 02:08)Sebas Wrote:  
(2015-12-09 22:09)Connor Wrote:  Then the COPs need to be more careful when pitting on the Autobahn. In training, especially Advanced training, we encourage COPs to only PIT on the Autobahn when there is absolutely no traffic around you. Then you would be able to PIT the suspect, slow them down for a possible box, and not have people crashing into the chase due to ignoring SIRENS/not reacting in time.

I have seen on some occasions that the Cop will take full advantage of the suspect oversteering in the AB to PIT him, causing him to hit the barrier at 120mph and fly oob. I hate when cops do that.

Happend to me yesterday, and cop just pushed me at rear many times so i was gonna lose controll and hit over all place in ab when there was cars behind coming

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Asas - 2015-12-10 20:53

I say when the chase speed is below 20 km/h on the autobahn, there should be an automatic "hazard" just like the one is used by tows/meds. It brings more attention to the driver behind also when they pass safely it will be no longer on their screens unlike sirens. I agree with AD, sirens are over used which leads them to be ignored.

And there is no cop who would miss a chance to try stopping their suspect. They would pit/block
every chance they get.

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Ph4nToM - 2015-12-10 21:12

How are sirens overused? We don't have the option to turn them on and off...
Just a tip for people who have a hard time to respect sirens, look at the distance in meters on your screen instead of looking at the actual "sirens".

If there is a p.i.t being perform in front of me 300m is plenty of distance to brake.

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Don - 2015-12-10 21:41

Another tip is: Look ahead. The autobahn offers a great open road when you can look far ahead. Seeing a police chase is easy infront of you. Also on your map it's easy to spot the difference between a car driving 160 or a police pursuit going on slow speed.

Pay attention to the road and map. That will prevent collisions.

RE: Pit on autobahn. - bowler - 2015-12-11 10:45

Right on don people need to respect siren more

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Jimmy - 2015-12-11 12:10

Should be automatic, "Hazard sign" while cops is chasing and do pit man over if its going bad for suspect

RE: Pit on autobahn. - Dizzle - 2015-12-11 20:43

Pay attention to the road infront of you... If you are following a chase too close and a cop pits them, its your fault if you ram into the chase.

Cops can not control the brakes on your car.