[TC] Gaming Forums
[TC] Suggested Improvements (possibly) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [TC] Suggested Improvements (possibly) (/showthread.php?tid=21088)

Pages: 1 2 3

[TC] Suggested Improvements (possibly) - MartyLouis - 2016-01-12 15:33

Hello fellow LFS'ers.

I think the server can and should be improved/updated at atleast a few points:

1 - Cops/tows/any-other-"official"-tags should have the [TAG] infront of their name, and maybe in the same color as others with the same tag. (like cop if theyre an official TC cop). For example: Blue [COP], yellow [TOW]
So it might be easier to see who is cop and who isnt.

2 - The money gaining/losing system when driving could be ajusted/edited to getting money when obeing le speed limit, and when speeding, stop getting money from that system, but NOT LOSING MONEY. If you (admins) wanna "punish" people from speeding, place some speeding cams. And of course cops can fine you for speeding.

3 - Speeding cams, as mentioned in the section above.

4 - Jobs. Not really "bad" jobs like drugs and prostitution, but more like courier services, and maybe some chauffeur jobs (where you dont just drive, but maybe need to obey the speedlimit, otherwise you get paid less).

I really hope theyll improve le servers. Especially section 2.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - Borja - 2016-01-12 15:38

1. I dont see it really important. Most of the players works withouth the names over the car . The important thing is the skin. -1

2. Dont see it good , cause " ppl will earn money and money and money " and no lose. -1

3.For? Turn on the COP tag and turn the speedtrap -1

4. Its Cop and Robers server , not like other ones which have lot of places for jobs Smile -1

Anyways , great suggestions

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - sezski - 2016-01-12 15:44

Noooooope

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - MartyLouis - 2016-01-12 15:46

(2016-01-12 15:38)Borja Wrote:  1. I dont see it really important. Most of the players works withouth the names over the car . The important thing is the skin. -1

I kinda looks like just people use ANY cop skin. Maybe they should use the same sort? So just 1 universal (can u say that?) cop look.

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - Borja - 2016-01-12 15:48

Thats why there are some section called Skin Approvals , cause every skin that are there , can be used cause its recognosible as POLICE .

Also , if moderators detect someone on server using a bad skin , them request him to change it .

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - Carl - 2016-01-12 15:54

Borja basically summed it up.

1. The skin is much more important than the tag. As long as the tag complies with the rules and is visible, there is no problem.

2. If no money was lost from speeding, the economy would be ruined. Speeding cars everywhere. Placing fixed speeding cameras around the map would counteract your idea of being able to speed and make money.

3. Doesn't really interest me, agreeing with Borja again here.

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - Bez - 2016-01-12 15:57

Hey Marty,

We already have a "uniform" system for our COP tags. Although we wouldn't want to force people to just one colour, we want to keep name personalization up to the user.

You can find the following information under the Identity section of the Police Guide Manual.
http://www.city-driving.co.uk/manual/police_guide

Our money gaining and losing system for just driving are tweaked very precisely to reward drivers that are driving at the speed limits. You will gain an extra +1 on your bonus if you drive at the speed limits.

Plus if you limit the intake of your car that % will be added onto your driving +income, you can easily rake in money by doing so.

Lossing money should never be removed for speeding. The economy would suffer way too much if people were only earning money constantly. Think of speeding minus as wear & tear on your tires/vehicle + fuel bills.

I actually would like to see static speed camera locations marked with lines on the road and objects to represent the speed camera itself. If this was to happen I think we should remove the !speedtrap option available to [COP]s. These static speed cameras would be in strategic locations that speed causes issues like in real life.

If we could get some average speed cameras too for longer areas of the road that require you to drive at a slower speed that would also be a benefit to some of the smaller roads.

Jobs.. Delivery jobs are very common in other servers, I think this is why we avoid adding such insim features as we like to keep our server based on its Cops & Robbers aspect. Maybe sometime in the future, we will find some solution to a Job's feature that doesn't just mean driving from location to location. Something like rewarding people hourly for using the roleplay roles.

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - Connor - 2016-01-12 16:37

Basically exactly what Bez said. We want to give the community the freedom of choice instead of forcing them to do what everyone else does. That's the same with skins. Everyone's free to use whatever COP skin they want, provided it complies with the regulations on Police skins (found in the link Bez linked you).

I feel as if your second suggestion is only here because you yourself have been speeding a fair bit and have lost a lot of money from it. Well, if that's the case, then you need to be able to balance this out and go by the speedlimits for a while if money is that important to you. You should be able to make any money lost by just going the speedlimit with a restriction on a slow car. You'll be rich before you know it. Smile

And speed cameras, yes, I feel like they are a pretty good suggestion. I hope it would deter certain COPs to coming online just to set up speedtraps. It would also feel a little more realistic having to slow down for these, and maybe even cause less crashes and unneeded disputes.

And jobs; again, what Bez said. They can become stale and boring and they do not see to "stand the test of time", so to speak. Until we find a good compromise where the jobs will not get boring, jobs will probably not be implemented.

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - Audiojack - 2016-01-12 16:56

Basically all of those suggestions have been thrown around and played with for a long time. The current systems have been evolving for a decade now, and they work very well balance wise.

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - BP - 2016-01-12 17:45

(2016-01-12 15:44)DJmad Wrote:  Noooooope

1. Your opinion is invalid since you've not given a reason for anything. Next time you should put some effort into a post.

2. Moved thread to suggestions forum.

I don't see any difference between speeding cams and speedtraps?

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - KaraK - 2016-01-12 19:07

(2016-01-12 17:45)BP Wrote:  

1. Your opinion is invalid since you've not given a reason for anything. Next time you should put some effort into a post.

Since when is an opinion invalid?
Supported by arguments or not, an opinion is an opinion.
That being said I dislike suggestions 1,2 and 4 for the reasons already mentioned by Bez.
The suggestion for the speeding cameras (as explained by Bez) sounds alright, however I'm not sure about replacing the speedtraps with static cameras around the map. It's always fun to set up a speedtrap and annoy people.
I generally agree with AJ.

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - Jacob - 2016-01-12 19:23

1. It is a choice of everybody where they will take their TAG. It also makes their nicknames "cool" Wink same with collours. Exact collours which are allowed are also written in rulles. -1

2. Speeding as a civilian cause you lose money for a reason. If you remove this punishment, it would be chaos at server... also who drive fast constantly, insim deals with him by Autoban (at -5000) which is good for "cleaning and sorting" of "troublemakers" and ppl who are not able to follow rulles.
3. Speeding cams = speedtraps which can be set by every COP on duty -1

4 - This is not a bad idea, but for many ppl here (also me), who get used to the old system without these jobs (just driving, COPing, TOWing, etc.) is this idea not needed, also they donĀ“t find it fun. So i am going to give this point -1, but how i said, it is not bad idea.

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - BP - 2016-01-12 19:35

(2016-01-12 19:07)KaraK Wrote:  
(2016-01-12 17:45)BP Wrote:  

Since when is an opinion invalid?
Supported by arguments or not, an opinion is an opinion.
That being said I dislike suggestions 1,2 and 4 for the reasons already mentioned by Bez.
The suggestion for the speeding cameras (as explained by Bez) sounds alright, however I'm not sure about replacing the speedtraps with static cameras around the map. It's always fun to set up a speedtrap and annoy people.
I generally agree with AJ.

An opinion isn't valid when it's just nonconstructive nonsense. In fact, saying "no" is not an opinion at all. It's a word.
I intended for that to be a one-off comment to remind people to post constructively, so let's not drag this off topic please.

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - Adorable - 2016-01-12 22:32

1. I agree with you here, all the server COPs should be using the same uniform

2. Speeding cams requires a COP sitting there doing nothing.

3. COPs do not earn anything from them, so why to waste the time?

4. +1 here, the game currently have no goal. except of chases / driving around / spend some time banned. driving around the same track with the same peoples/trolls every day can get boring.

Borja - Yes, this is a COPs and robbers server. but in the mean time, CityDriving, remember.

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - KooKoo - 2016-01-12 22:32

+1 on number 3. But only place speed cams on highways and when you are caught speeding by it the laser is then sent to the cop chat and a cop must fine you for it. (To make the cop job useful).

Or just take the money right away haha Tongue

RE: [TC] SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENTS (possibly) - Connor - 2016-01-12 22:58

(2016-01-12 22:32)KooKoo Wrote:  +1 on number 3. But only place speed cams on highways and when you are caught speeding by it the laser is then sent to the cop chat and a cop must fine you for it. (To make the cop job useful).

Or just take the money right away haha Tongue

No because then the COPs really would be gaining from effectively speedtrapping from static objects. It would be fairer if the money was just sent back into the InSim like always.

RE: [TC] Suggested Improvements (possibly) - MartyLouis - 2016-01-16 13:08

So the "losing money when speeding too much" stays? How about u abandon the idea of speedcams and cops using a "speedgun" on you, since people already get tortured/punished for speeding.

RE: [TC] Suggested Improvements (possibly) - BP - 2016-01-16 13:10

(2016-01-16 13:08)MartyLouis Wrote:  So the "losing money when speeding too much" stays? How about u freaking abandon the idea of speedcams and cops using a "speedgun" on you, since people already get tortured/punished for speeding.

You have to bear in mind that you've been a member of the community for less than a week and that the stuff that you're talking about has been fine-tuned since around 2007...

Also you should consider how easy it is to make money.

RE: [TC] Suggested Improvements (possibly) - MartyLouis - 2016-01-16 13:13

Uhm.

I did have an other account before.

mrlionemafia

but i dont like that name

RE: [TC] Suggested Improvements (possibly) - BP - 2016-01-16 13:24

OK, early 2013 then. But the point remains, this system has been meticulously implemented to ensure a nice balance. You can still go over the limit a reasonable amount and lose absolutely nothing. You'd even earn money in bonuses. If you're losing a lot of money by speeding, just slow down or earn enough beforehand so you can do it comfortably. This isn't a race server after all.

Earning money is also extremely easy; drive a XFG/XRG on speedlimits with maximum restriction (UF1 will work too but will struggle to get to the limits) and you'll be earning a lot of money very quickly.

You could also get involved in high speed chases as a [COP] and lose nothing.

IMO the money making system is perfectly fine the way it is.