[TC] Gaming Forums
LFS Cruise Control - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: LFS Cruise Control (/showthread.php?tid=2128)

Pages: 1 2

LFS Cruise Control - cheb60 - 2012-02-17 09:08

Hello Members of TC,

I have found on the internet a cruise mod. It can lock my speed. Such as a cruise control. Is this alowed in the server?

I'm not going to use it for now but I just want to know if it is alowed. If it is. It should be handy for a cop Smile.

If im alowed to post a link. Tell me i will post it then.

Regards
Cheb60

RE: LFS Cruise Control - BP - 2012-02-17 10:09

As far as I know, it's probably not allowed because it could be a form of speed hack (e.g. if you edit the values, you can exceed the limits of your car, limits that are otherwise an impossibility) - that's how the cruise control for TC worked that someone made for us quite a few months back, if this works the same way it's not allowed.

RE: LFS Cruise Control - cheb60 - 2012-02-17 10:20

well could you check it for me? its at lfs helper and called cruise mod. its not a hack. I dont want to get banned so im just asking if someone could approve the program i have seen at lfs helper.

fill in at google lfs helper. then download cruisemod Smile. Maybe a rev limiter is alowed but im not sure

RE: LFS Cruise Control - BP - 2012-02-17 10:29

Rev limiter is definitely allowed but I have a feeling cruise control isn't allowed for the reasons I've said. Smile I could be wrong though.

Three or four months ago there was a person in the community who made a program which allowed you to stick to the speed relative of the speedlimit on the insim. This was banned by TC administration as it classed as a speedhack as the values could have potentially been modified. I'm not sure if this works in the same or similar way, but if it does, it will definitely be forbidden. I wouldn't advise using the cruise control mod until it is deemed allowed by a [TC].

RE: LFS Cruise Control - cheb60 - 2012-02-17 10:36

okay. thanks man xD. Well ingame im going to ask a admin for sure. thanks ffor your help. I'm texting through my phone xD. really hard to post a reply xD.

thanks for the help.

regards
cheb60

RE: LFS Cruise Control - McGherkin - 2012-02-17 11:34

(2012-02-17 10:29)BoyPower Wrote:  Rev limiter is definitely allowed but I have a feeling cruise control isn't allowed for the reasons I've said. Smile I could be wrong though.

Three or four months ago there was a person in the community who made a program which allowed you to stick to the speed relative of the speedlimit on the insim. This was banned by TC administration as it classed as a speedhack as the values could have potentially been modified. I'm not sure if this works in the same or similar way, but if it does, it will definitely be forbidden. I wouldn't advise using the cruise control mod until it is deemed allowed by a [TC].

That's not correct IIRC.

TC-SL was banned because when someone was using it, and it was holding them at the speed limit, it caused them to jump back and forth wildly.

PM one of the TC leaders a link to it, and they'll check it out for you.

RE: LFS Cruise Control - BP - 2012-02-17 11:37

(2012-02-17 11:34)McGherkin Wrote:  
(2012-02-17 10:29)BoyPower Wrote:  Rev limiter is definitely allowed but I have a feeling cruise control isn't allowed for the reasons I've said. Smile I could be wrong though.

That's not correct IIRC.

TC-SL was banned because when someone was using it, and it was holding them at the speed limit, it caused them to jump back and forth wildly.

Oh yes. I seem to recall that was another reason, so you're right. But I also seem to remember the foremost reason which was it could have been used as a speed hack.

RE: LFS Cruise Control - BMW-gek - 2012-02-17 16:26

I remember that mod and it isn't allowed on the TC servers.

RE: LFS Cruise Control - =WOLF=[NO] - 2012-02-18 04:00

Revlimiter controlls the throttle of the car(lets it off for a spesific time or to the rpm drops to a surten level, if the the cruise controll is buildt on the same base, I see no problem(imo).
BUT if it adjusts the speed of the car, it sounds "fishy"(also: imo)

RE: LFS Cruise Control - McGherkin - 2012-02-18 17:18

Revlimiter (or at least the one allowed on TC) toggles the ignition key.

The one in NTO works differently, within LFS.exe to cut the throttle. TC-SL worked in the same way, cutting the throttle when the target speed is reached, but unlike NTO it didn't trigger CPW.

It'd be nice to have some kind of program that just changes gear when the speed limit changes, so you can use redline sets which adjust to the speed limit.

RE: LFS Cruise Control - Klurax - 2012-02-18 17:30

(2012-02-18 17:18)McGherkin Wrote:  Revlimiter (or at least the one allowed on TC) toggles the ignition key.

The one in NTO works differently, within LFS.exe to cut the throttle. TC-SL worked in the same way, cutting the throttle when the target speed is reached, but unlike NTO it didn't trigger CPW.

It'd be nice to have some kind of program that just changes gear when the speed limit changes, so you can use redline sets which adjust to the speed limit.

Or a program that effects the throttle on the other end - before it reaches LFS itself, if it's even possible. Adjusting how much you "press" the pedal.

RE: LFS Cruise Control - ChrisM - 2012-02-19 04:36

(2012-02-18 17:18)McGherkin Wrote:  It'd be nice to have some kind of program that just changes gear when the speed limit changes, so you can use redline sets which adjust to the speed limit.

Ridiculous.

RE: LFS Cruise Control - McGherkin - 2012-02-19 14:58

About as ridiculous as automatic cruise control, no?

RE: LFS Cruise Control - Audiojack - 2012-02-19 16:42

I get a mini heart attack every time I hear someone driving at their revlimit. Even though I know it can't damage the cars ingame.. Laugh

RE: LFS Cruise Control - Tommer - 2012-02-19 17:11

I wouldn't encourage redline sets. Makes an awful racket, and isn't realistic in the slightest lol.

RE: LFS Cruise Control - McGherkin - 2012-02-19 17:12

I just load up a quiet engine sound, and it's not about the realism, I only use it for making money which it does fine.

RE: LFS Cruise Control - Kieran - 2012-02-26 10:48

all i do is change the ratios so say in 2nd it does 60mph max, 3rd does 75mph max and 4th does 100mph max and 5th is then for chases when u want to go faster than 100 Smile

RE: LFS Cruise Control - McGherkin - 2012-02-26 11:15

That's a redline set Wink

RE: LFS Cruise Control - Stephen - 2012-02-26 12:15

(2012-02-19 17:12)McGherkin Wrote:  I just load up a quiet engine sound, and it's not about the realism, I only use it for making money which it does fine.

Its not the most ideal habit to get in to though.

RE: LFS Cruise Control - Kieran - 2012-02-26 13:09

(2012-02-26 11:15)McGherkin Wrote:  That's a redline set Wink

i know, thats when im tired, i turn volume down and keep my heavy right foot down Biggrin