[TC] Gaming Forums
Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth (/showthread.php?tid=21297)

Pages: 1 2

Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - MousemanLV - 2016-01-26 16:14

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth

So far I am not certain but I guess I will be going to Portsmouth. Googled it, seems like a lovely place with great views (wohooo, photographyyy!!). Anyone from Portsmouth? Would be awesome to meet some LFSers.

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Adam - 2016-01-26 16:36

Wow mouse! try heading to London if you have the time, I am not there but there are some amazing things to go do there!

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - MousemanLV - 2016-01-26 17:04

Would be great, though I will be alone there so I believe it will be challenging to go to places on my own.

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Cam - 2016-01-26 17:07

Went on a school trip, we visited the historic dockyard where the Mary Rose is (if I recall correctly) there was also another ship which we got a tour of... I can only remember it being very cold. Good luck thoughTongue

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - MousemanLV - 2016-01-28 05:16

Hello guys. Was just wondering how's the weather like in UK in March / April?
Thanks!

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Owl - 2016-01-28 06:41

Cone in the summer mouse, the best weather is then.

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - BP - 2016-01-28 08:01

(2016-01-28 05:16)MousemanLV Wrote:  Hello guys. Was just wondering how's the weather like in UK in March / April?
Thanks!

Shit.

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Razz - 2016-01-28 10:55

(2016-01-28 05:16)MousemanLV Wrote:  Hello guys. Was just wondering how's the weather like in UK in March / April?
Thanks!

It's British weather mate, can't tell Tongue

Usually mild weather with a bit if rain here and there Smile kinda depends where you go though

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Ash - 2016-01-28 12:53

Get on a train to Southampton, West Quay shopping centre is flipping massive!

If you want somewhere to get great photos, Winchester and Salisbury are very scenic places!

Thanks!

Exactly the same as it is Jan, Feb, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec.

Unpredictable and generally crap lol

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - MousemanLV - 2016-01-28 13:30

Thanks. I definitely want to take some cool photos. Seems like I will need to water proof my DSLR Biggrin

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Pete - 2016-01-28 14:43

(2016-01-26 17:04)MousemanLV Wrote:  Would be great, though I will be alone there so I believe it will be challenging to go to places on my own.

It's really easy to get around in London, the tube (London Underground) is basically fool-proof.

Good luck with the trip Smile

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Howlin - 2016-01-28 16:47

My main piece of advice would be don't go to London, it's pretty terrible. Only place I can suggest for some great pics would be way up north away from where you are. If you get the opportunity though, head up to the Peak District or just Yorkshire in general, without a doubt you'll get some awesome shots.

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Dan - 2016-01-28 16:51

My main piece of advice would be don't go to Yorkshire, it's pretty terrible. Only place I can suggest for some great pics (experiences, sightseeing, good transport infrastructure, modern) is a little bit up north from where you are. If you get the opportunity though, head into Central London or just London in general, without a doubt you'll have an awesome experience.

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Nick - 2016-01-28 16:59

My main piece of advice would be don't go to England, it's pretty terrible. Only place I can suggest for some great pics is a little bit up north from where you are - Scotland. If you get the opportunity though, head into the Highlands or just Scotland in general, without a doubt you'll have an awesome experience.

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - RedJohn - 2016-01-28 17:41

My main piece of advice would be don't go to England, it's pretty terrible. Only place I can suggest for some great pics would be way down south east from where you are. If you get the opportunity though, head up to the Iraq or Syria, without a doubt you'll get some awesome shots. (Literally)

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Carl - 2016-01-28 17:47

(2016-01-28 17:41)RedJohn Wrote:  Head up to the Iraq or Syria

Are you going to provide his blue combat helmet? Biggrin

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - BP - 2016-01-28 18:44

(2016-01-28 16:59)Nick Wrote:  My main piece of advice would be don't go to England, it's pretty terrible. Only place I can suggest for some great pics is a little bit up north from where you are - Scotland. If you get the opportunity though, head into the Highlands or just Scotland in general, without a doubt you'll have an awesome experience.

Don't mislead the poor guy.

Come to Wales.

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Brad - 2016-01-28 20:26

(2016-01-28 18:44)BP Wrote:  Come to Wales.

Never, in the history of history, has that statement not been a sarcastic one

London is basically the only place that matters, go there.

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Tom - 2016-01-31 01:07

im not from portsmouth, but im on the isle of wight which is just a hovercraft away which u take from portsmouth Smile

RE: Going to England for a month (student exchange). Portsmouth - Luke - 2016-01-31 01:27

Yorkshire is the best! Here we have greasy chip butties and bread cakes with lovely grouse which laugh at you every time you go near them...