[TC] Gaming Forums
Delete user profile/stats from the TC - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Delete user profile/stats from the TC (/showthread.php?tid=21507)

Delete user profile/stats from the TC - TAJM - 2016-02-13 17:46

Hi!

I would like to delete my TC account, records, stats and everything cause i don't want to visit any of the TC servers in the future anymore.
This will be possible for me anyway, or i have to BAN myself cause that's the only way?!

RE: Delete user profile/stats from the TC - BP - 2016-02-13 17:48

It is physically possible but it is not something we do, simply because it's pointless and you may want it back one day.

If you don't want to play, don't play. No need for the dramas.

RE: Delete user profile/stats from the TC - TAJM - 2016-02-13 17:54

(2016-02-13 17:48)BP Wrote:  It is physically possible but it is not something we do, simply because it's pointless and you may want it back one day.

If you don't want to play, don't play. No need for the dramas.

I am directly asking to remove all of my personally related datas from the TC, and its not about drama, its my right to ask this. I don't want to take apart on any TC servers in the future, so if it's technically possible please delete it. It was nice for years but its over.

RE: Delete user profile/stats from the TC - Ash - 2016-02-13 18:03

As BP said above, its not something we do unless there has been a major issue with an account. Your LFS account within TC has no personal data stored about you. The only data we have is linked to your account within our servers, ie Currency, Vehicles, Licenses etc.

We will also not remove data such as your URS file (Admin Database) as this is the history of your account which we may need for reference in future if your account access's our servers again.

RE: Delete user profile/stats from the TC - Elmo - 2016-02-13 18:18

(2016-02-13 18:03)Ash Wrote:  As BP said above, its not something we do unless there has been a major issue with an account.

It's not something we've done, ever.

For that matter, from a technical standpoint, I'm not entirely sure what is and isn't possible. There are many potential side-effects that may result in deleting user accounts - various linked data, database relationships etc.

As for the legal rights - I believe you're talking about the various Data Protection Acts, which deal with personally identifiable information. AFAIK, the only data I believe we hold that falls into that category would be things you've supplied yourself (and can remove yourself) like D.O.B, real name etc.

I will also point out that we are legally permitted to charge a fee to process DPA style requests. Considering the amount of time it would take for us to deal with a formal DPA request (potentially many hours), that is something we would have to do (we are unpaid volunteers and our free time is valuable).

RE: Delete user profile/stats from the TC - TAJM - 2016-02-13 18:19

(2016-02-13 18:03)Ash Wrote:  As BP said above, its not something we do unless there has been a major issue with an account. Your LFS account has no personal data stored about you. The only data we have is linked to your account within our servers, ie Currency, Vehicles, Licenses etc.

We will also not remove data such as your URS file (Admin Database) as this is the history of your account which we may need for reference in future if your account access's our servers again.

I appreciate the correct answer, cause here's no drama - as i was polite and respectful -, just a decision. I don't like to support you with my participation anymore to make that TC being successful in the future. I had already 0 TC money, and sent all of my cars to random people. I understand the URS is not under my authority, but still don't want to increase the player stats for the TC as an active/registered user.
So i would like to avoid to BAN myself with using restricted words/tow to reach the -5000, cause thats not what i want to achieve.. As i see this: if i can register myself on my own will, i have to unregister my LFS account somehow, even there's no personal information stored, but i want to do this.

RE: Delete user profile/stats from the TC - Carl - 2016-02-13 18:24

Is there even any 'personal' information in an insim profile? Or am I missing something?

To me, I see no reason to delete it, it would be pointless, unless you are trying to sell the account with fresh stats but yea..

RE: Delete user profile/stats from the TC - Ash - 2016-02-13 18:29

(2016-02-13 18:19)TAJM Wrote:  
(2016-02-13 18:03)Ash Wrote:  As BP said above, its not something we do unless there has been a major issue with an account. Your LFS account has no personal data stored about you. The only data we have is linked to your account within our servers, ie Currency, Vehicles, Licenses etc.

I appreciate the correct answer, cause here's no drama - as i was polite and respectful -, just a decision. I don't like to support you with my participation anymore to make that TC being successful in the future. I had already 0 TC money, and sent all of my cars to random people. I understand the URS is not under my authority, but still don't want to increase the player stats for the TC as an active/registered user.
So i would like to avoid to BAN myself with using restricted words/tow to reach the -5000, cause thats not what i want to achieve.. As i see this: if i can register myself on my own will, i have to unregister my LFS account somehow, even there's no personal information stored, but i want to do this.

Simply getting yourself banned by getting a money abuse ban (via swearing/pitting) will not result in your account data being deleted, just "suspended".

RE: Delete user profile/stats from the TC - TAJM - 2016-02-13 18:32

"we are legally permitted to charge a fee to process DPA style requests."

Alright than, i tried to be intelligent and nice, now i will ask for help about that.
Where was that information written in the moment of my registration? Where is the form/legalisation what i am already signed somehow to consent to pay anything for anybody? That TC is a person or a legal personality? Can you please name someone for me in private message who will be able to reply e-mails/letters from an attorney, and will be able to proof all things written about this case?

RE: Delete user profile/stats from the TC - Ash - 2016-02-13 18:36

You are over dramatising this completely. Just do not play on our servers anymore, simply, is it not?

Direct Gov Wrote:The Data Protection Act controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government.

We have no PERSONAL INFORMATION about you, therefore you are not covered by any act for any of the data we hold about your account.

RE: Delete user profile/stats from the TC - Pete - 2016-02-13 18:46

Ash and Elmo have said all that needs to be said. If you wish to discuss this further please use the PM system.

Thread Closed