[TC] Gaming Forums
Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Can we have the noobing grounds back? (/showthread.php?tid=21867)

Pages: 1 2

Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Carl - 2016-03-21 10:43

Hello all,

So I know recently the ramp which gave us access to the car park in Blackwood was removed, I understand it was removed because people were going over it in chases etc.

But do you think it would be better to have a small ramp, located somewhere more discretely such as behind the pits? Going behind the pits in a chase is already against the rules and judging by playing often, hardly anybody goes behind the pits, it happens but rarely. I think people won't bother trying to escape chases by going over the ramp if it was a bit harder to access during a chase. Thoughts?

Blackwood isn't the most exciting map, so having the noob grounds was fun to mess around in every once in a while.

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - GT4tube - 2016-03-21 10:44

-= +1 =-

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Some1 - 2016-03-21 11:43

+1, a closed off entry behind the pits would greatly reduce the number of chases going OOB

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Toni - 2016-03-21 12:13

We need this back.

Blackwood is just so boring after first driving on it in demo for a year.

The map itself is really boring too, not really anywhere to go, youll eventually just go the same routes in a timestamp of 20 mins.

I just usually either go oob rallying or most likely Carpark wheelies and other stuff, now i cant do it anymore Biggrin

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Barney - 2016-03-21 12:38

big +1
all fun stuff gets removed. barely seen chases go there at all. also meanwhile cops dont even loose chases anymore oob. thats been fixed like ages ago with the new positioning system about a year ago iirc. so actually following the suspect in the very few cases isnt too big of a deal.

Also a narrow bridge with a uturn on it (and railings infront) like it was before was very helpful, as cops in contact with the suspect can actually box the suspect right on the bridge just with a little nudge to the back. So most suspects(of the few that dont know the rule) dont risk it anyway. I personally havent had a single suspect taking that bridge

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Razz - 2016-03-21 13:05

+1

I've played on BlackWood for about 5years on demo and its just too boring now.

Having access to Car Park would be quite fun now and then

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Adorable - 2016-03-21 13:22

I don't really care, but I remember in the past there used to be layouts in vast open areas in servers called KSA or something similar, With a suitable speed limit, It'd be nice to drive in there, So why not to have those layouts back in that area?

(Maybe something in a city style will be good) Autocross is pretty similar to BL Car park.
A video from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDYsqiUt_ZU

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Pete - 2016-03-21 13:34

(2016-03-21 11:43)Some1 Wrote:  +1, a closed off entry behind the pits would greatly reduce the number of chases going OOB

I'm not sure anyone can be sure about that one.

We removed the ramps going out of bounds for exactly the same reasons the ramp at South City no longer exists. If we don't give people the option to break the rules, rules are less likely to be broken.

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Otava - 2016-03-21 13:39

+1

We could even do a big ramp from highway to there and make a Village style roads
But I prefer noobing things. U could even make there a King of the hill thing and we could find out ourselves playing it for insim money just like me and Wouter sometimes did on the builiding at kyoto's oval Smile

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - RedJohn - 2016-03-21 13:52

idk why all fun oob stuff etc got removed from all tracks

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Pete - 2016-03-21 14:09

(2016-03-21 13:52)RedJohn Wrote:  idk why all fun oob stuff etc got removed from all tracks

If you read the posts which explained the reasons then you'd know.

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - RedJohn - 2016-03-21 14:15

(2016-03-21 14:09)Pete Wrote:  
(2016-03-21 13:52)RedJohn Wrote:  idk why all fun oob stuff etc got removed from all tracks

Is it possible to put a checkpoint or something at the entry of oob zones which will only allow non chased cars to enter, and will spec the chased ones?

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Toni - 2016-03-21 14:18

(2016-03-21 14:15)RedJohn Wrote:  Is it possible to put a checkpoint or something at the entry of oob zones which will only allow non chased cars to enter, and will spec the chased ones?

next answers:

"We dont have time to do that"
"its over complicated"
"its useless"
"It will bring too much work to the admins"

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Pete - 2016-03-21 14:21

(2016-03-21 14:15)RedJohn Wrote:  
(2016-03-21 14:09)Pete Wrote:  

Is it possible to put a checkpoint or something at the entry of oob zones which will only allow non chased cars to enter, and will spec the chased ones?

Potentially, yes.

(2016-03-21 14:18)Toni Wrote:  
(2016-03-21 14:15)RedJohn Wrote:  Is it possible to put a checkpoint or something at the entry of oob zones which will only allow non chased cars to enter, and will spec the chased ones?

next answers:

"We dont have time to do that"
"its over complicated"
"its useless"
"It will bring too much work to the admins"

Ha, you were wrong.

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Chuck - 2016-03-21 14:30

A "no-chase" flag for zones would actually be quite easy to implement.

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - VirtualTourist - 2016-03-21 15:09

Lol
5char

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Pete - 2016-03-21 15:48

(2016-03-21 14:30)Chuck Wrote:  A "no-chase" flag for zones would actually be quite easy to implement.

Yes.

There is no reason why we couldn't have zones 'protecting' areas behind ramps that lead OOB. We would also need to make sure that chases can't be started behind these protected areas because that could quite easily lead to people abusing the system. By that I mean chasing someone just as they're about to enter/leave an OOB zone just so they win a chase.

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Special - 2016-03-21 16:21

Let us go oob.

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - Adam - 2016-03-21 16:26

I would like the idea of the "no-chase" zone and would support it. One thing that could be implemented is a timer of 5 or 10 seconds with a big warning on the screen saying something along the lines of WARNING: You have entered an Out of Bounds area, please return to the road in x amount of seconds or you will be spectated. This would mean that if there was a noobier person on the server they would be warned so that they didn't get confused when they got spectated. If/When someone in chase was to go oob the cop chasing would not lose contact with the suspect.

RE: Can we have the noobing grounds back? - GT4tube - 2016-03-23 11:05

No Sad

Maybe bring bridge in Safe Zone?