[TC] Gaming Forums
Rules. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Rules. (/showthread.php?tid=21890)

Rules. - Polestar - 2016-03-23 18:56

Hi!

I just gave someone a fine for rear ending me while i was braking hard (~75%). No major damage, but still a pretty hard hit. I ended up fining him for tailgating (€50) instead of €150 for causing an accident since there were no major damage. He said that i was at fault for braking hard, but in my opinion (and in the Swedish book of law) it's the responsibility of the driver behind to carry such a distance so that he can stop without crashing into me.

The Swedish law basically states that "The distance should be great enough so that no danger of collision occurs if the vehicle in front stops or slows.". It makes a whole lot of sense to me.

What's TC's standpoint on this? Did i issue a correct fine?

//Polestar

RE: Rules. - Carl - 2016-03-23 19:03

Seems like a perfectly legit fine. If the person kept a safe distance, then there wouldn't be a crash happening. I don't know if he was speeding or not, but that would also be a factor.

But nobody really pays as much attention when driving on TC like they would in real life, for obvious reasons.

RE: Rules. - Ph4nToM - 2016-03-23 19:08

Sometimes it's hard to say who is in the wrong cause in real life when you apply the brakes you do it smoothly, while in LFS people smash their brakes so sometimes even if you leave a "safe" distance you still need to react extremely quick.

RE: Rules. - Polestar - 2016-03-23 19:23

(2016-03-23 19:03)Nismo Wrote:  Seems like a perfectly legit fine. If the person kept a safe distance, then there wouldn't be a crash happening. I don't know if he was speeding or not, but that would also be a factor.

But nobody really pays as much attention when driving on TC like they would in real life, for obvious reasons.
Yeah, that's what i mean. Smile
(2016-03-23 19:08)Ph4nToM Wrote:  Sometimes it's hard to say who is in the wrong cause in real life when you apply the brakes you do it smoothly, while in LFS people smash their brakes so sometimes even if you leave a "safe" distance you still need to react extremely quick.

I most certainly don't apply my brakes smoothly (i slam 'em) whilst performing an emergency brake irl, and my car (most newer cars in fact) senses when i perform an emergency braking and puts 100% braking even if i only push the pedal down 60% for example to aid braking.

Distance, distance & distance. Hate tailgaters >Sad

RE: Rules. - Ras - 2016-03-23 22:29

Seems to me you did the right thing there.

RE: Rules. - sezski - 2016-03-25 15:10

Seems legit to me/