[TC] Gaming Forums
TCLights v2.4 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: TCLights v2.4 (Siren/Strobe Program) (/showthread.php?tid=21932)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Josh - 2022-08-22 23:14

Is there any reason TCLights won't recognise a wired XBOX controller?

My laptop recognises it as an XBOX controller and LFS picks it up immedietaly with no issues. All drivers are up to date. TCLights is working fine but doesn't pick up any inputs whatsoever.

Josh.

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2022-08-23 20:51

(2022-08-22 23:14)Josh Wrote:  Is there any reason TCLights won't recognise a wired XBOX controller?

My laptop recognises it as an XBOX controller and LFS picks it up immedietaly with no issues. All drivers are up to date. TCLights is working fine but doesn't pick up any inputs whatsoever.

Josh.

Which version of Xbox controller?
Mine shows up in TC Lights as "Controller: (XBOX 360 For Windows)"
Maybe try clicking "Refresh Controllers" on the main TC Lights menu and try again?

TC Lights just uses Direct Input, which should pick up everything windows thinks is a game controller, so I don't know what could cause it unless either you have something installed that might interfere, or something's running as admin that shouldn't be.

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Josh - 2022-08-23 23:59

It's a PowerA brand XBOX controller.. only issue I can think of is because it isn't an offial Microsot controller. However as I say Windows and LFS recognise it fine.

When I click 'refresh controller' it doesn't list it underneath.

Will carry on having a play.

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - clement.l - 2023-01-20 16:44

[deleted]

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Yukine - 2023-05-06 02:03

Hello, would it be possible to get a mode where all sounds (horn 3, horn 4, siren fast, siren slow) get their own dedicated key instead of a cycle mode?
It would be more practical with my current setup (and also look cool). Thanks.

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - RevLeon - 2023-05-06 10:43

(2023-05-06 02:03)Yukine Wrote:  Hello, would it be possible to get a mode where all sounds (horn 3, horn 4, siren fast, siren slow) get their own dedicated key instead of a cycle mode?
It would be more practical with my current setup (and also look cool). Thanks.

"/siren fast" and "/siren slow" can be bound to any button. Also you can't have 2 horns at the same time either horn 4 or horn 5.

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2023-05-06 13:55

If you choose a cycle mode with bullhorn available, you can have fast/slow/5 in the cycle (which is how it works in the UK and probably other places), 4 using the dedicated bullhorn button and 1,2 or 3 as the normal LFS horn button (aka hold down the TC Lights siren key).
I forget exactly how it works, but you may be able to bind LFS to use either 2 or 3 and let the TC Lights combo key use horn 1. Can't remember if TC Lights uses whatever you've set in lfs or forces horn 1.
You can also set the built-in LFS horn using /horn x

Not quite what you're after, but handles most of it in a roundabout way. I do have plans to introduce several more dedicated buttons in future when I get round to it.

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Yukine - 2023-05-06 15:57

(2023-05-06 13:55)Elmo Wrote:  Not quite what you're after, but handles most of it in a roundabout way. I do have plans to introduce several more dedicated buttons in future when I get round to it.

My ultimate goal would be finding a way to get rid of the cycle mode and get each function bindable individually.
As having a siren controller on the dashboard instead of linked to pressing the horn.

The bullhorn or piercer would get played as long its dedicated button is hold and the sirens would get played upon pressing its dedicated button once (toggle).

I apologize for the confuse explanation, brain is quite foggy at the moment.
I attached my button layout and how the controls could look like.

[attachment=1951][attachment=1953]

RE: TCLights v2.3 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Ded Art - 2023-07-19 15:35

Hello! how to update insim?

RE: TCLights v2.4 (Siren/Strobe Program) - Elmo - 2023-12-19 00:57

New version 2.4 for LFS 0.7E

Changelog:

--- v2.4 :: changes since v2.3 ---

Support for LFS 0.7E (D50+)

Bindable controls for the new lights:
  • Headlights Cycle: Renamed from the old "Headlights" so existing binds will use this. Works like shift+3 in LFS.
  • Sidelights
  • Dipped Beam
  • Full Beam
  • Flash
  • Front Fog
  • Rear Fog
  • Extra Light

Light sequence uses Full/High Beam

New flashing light patterns for use with Fog/Extra lights

To select a different pattern, open TC Lights configuration and click Select Lights Mode
Click the mode name to show a description.
Currently, there are two other options that affect flashing lights behaviour, they are duplicated in Lights Mode options screen for convenience.

I have also updated the RB4 T5 RESCUE and FZ5 V8 SAFETYCAR mods to support the new lighting patterns, where the left and right sides of the lightbar will flash alternately. More mod updates to follow.
They both also have an Extra light:
The Rescue/Amber config has a green lightbar centre, used for racing, with potential to use when a Medic on CityDriving
The Police/Blue config has "cruise lights"

Internal Changes / Fixes:
Target generic Windows 10 instead of specific SDK. This *shouldn't* cause any issues. You may need to update the VC++ Runtime.
Fix: Slow connect/reconnect because of timeout
Fixed update check server & rewritten update check.

Notes for Mod Makers:
If you have left/right lightbar/flashing lights, please use l_ffog and l_rfog for the two sides
The extra light can also be used on its own, or in combination with fog lights.
Stop using indicators for flashing lights if possible.
You can now have up to 4 mappings per l_* name in each configuration.