[TC] Gaming Forums
Names - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Names (/showthread.php?tid=21964)

Names - bowler - 2016-03-30 13:27

hi fellow tcers i would just like to take a vote who here thinks its okay to have names as colnel gadaffi robert mugabe sadam hussein as i think these r really offensive please tell me your views would be appreciated ty

ty for your time

regards bowler

RE: Names - Leon - 2016-03-30 13:52

If you met a random person on the street named Muammar Gadaffi, would you be offended by his name?

RE: Names - bowler - 2016-03-30 13:59

hi leon this isnt my point his name is colnel gadaffi i not offend by first name like u put but he is trying to impersonate wich yes does offend me

RE: Names - Pete - 2016-03-30 14:25

Trying to impersonate them is a different matter. If you're talking about people using these names on LFS then it's unlikely that they're using their real names and that's really not ok.

RE: Names - Adam - 2016-03-30 14:30

They were probably 'Joking' but that kind of joke isn't funny to anyone and their sense of humour is horrible

RE: Names - bowler - 2016-03-30 14:32

yes tht right badam horrible and yes pete they r using them names on the server

RE: Names - Blacktop - 2016-03-30 15:50

Offence doesn't always equal entitlement. There's nothing within the name(s) itself aside from your interpretation of it. Sure, it mightn't always be in the best of taste, but at the end of the day I'm sure it doesn't affect your overall ability to enjoy LFS and [TC].

Just my two cents Thumbup1

RE: Names - Warped - 2016-03-30 17:04

(2016-03-30 15:50)Blacktop Wrote:  Offence doesn't always equal entitlement. There's nothing within the name(s) itself aside from your interpretation of it. Sure, it mightn't always be in the best of taste, but at the end of the day I'm sure it doesn't affect your overall ability to enjoy LFS and [TC].

I believe you are thinking too much about this. They were obviously joking about a person who apparently is a slaughterer. If I were to use a Hitler name, I'd be told off because "the overall ability to enjoy LFS and TC" was affected. And the OP was offended.

RE: Names - BP - 2016-03-30 17:07

There's a lot of cultural diversity in LFS and CityDriving, along with big age differences, so people who use infamous dictator names shouldn't be surprised if one of us tells them to remove it.

Also, moving this to General Discussions.

RE: Names - Nathan - 2016-03-30 22:22

Goes along the line of policy correctness in my opinion.

Common sense is lost on this generation.

[Image: politically-correct_o_320703.jpg]