[TC] Gaming Forums
PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+--- Thread: PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) (/showthread.php?tid=22092)

PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - GT4tube - 2016-04-12 09:05

I plan going buy new Wheel and pedals. No need a Shifter. (Don't care expensive price because Pro quality)
I need work for PS3/PS4 and PC
PlayStation compatibility: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/187/playstation-compatibility?a_aid=gtplanet

I play:
-Gran Turismo 6 - PS3
-Gran Turismo: Sport - PS4 in 2017
-Live For Speed - PC
-ETS2 - PC

Example price.
A) Logitech G29 - 300€ (Sell G29 pedals 60€) + Fanatec ClubSport V3 Pedals - 360€ = 660€ - 60€= Total: 600€.

B) Thrustmaster T300RS/T300 Ferrari GTE - 300€ (Sell two foot pedals 25€) + Fanatec ClubSport V3 Pedals - 360€ = 660€ - 25€ = Total: 635€.

C) Thrustmaster T300RS/T300 Ferrari GTE - 300€ (Sell two foot pedals 25€) + Fanatec CSR Pedals EU - 100€ = 400€ - 25€ = Total: 375€.
I don't know, Fanatec CSR Pedals EU it work for T300RS or T300 Ferrari?

D) (I have only G27 wheel, can buy just Fanatec V3 pedals 360€, Later get new Wheel save money)

Wheel both are great quality?
G29 has 900 Degree
Tech Spec:(Dual-Motor Force Feedback high-quality, Helical Gearing with Anti-Backlash, Overheat safeguard, Hall-effect steering sensor)

T300RS/T300 Ferrari GTE has 1080 Degree -
TechSpec:(New dual-belt, friction-free optimized mechanism, Brushless Motor Technology Next-Gen Force Feedback, 16-bit resolution, i.e. 65,536 values on the steering)

What you think option?

*Know are bad quality: T3PA,T3PA-PRO,Original two foot pedals.
*CSR Pedals v1 EU (No Load Cell brake) Damn :/

-Fanatec CSR Pedals EU: http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals/csr-pedals-eu.html
-ClubSport Pedals V3 EU: http://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals/clubsport-pedals-v3-eu.html
both pedals are work:
Platform compatibility (PC, Playstation 3/4, Xbox One / 360 etc.)

I can budget only 450 Euro.

Please Help me! Smile

RE: PLAN: Logitech G29 Vs T300RS (What you think option?) - Mikee - 2016-04-12 09:41

As someone who has tried the T300 and owns a G29.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Get the T300 Smile

Pedals, I have no idea.

RE: PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - Sam - 2016-04-12 13:11

The T300 is a really good wheel, the FFB is real smooth, strong and quick and also has none of the problems the G27 has.

BUT be prepared to send it back multiple times, this is the third time I am now sending mine back due to developing different faults with in 3 days. Although I know Pete and Elmo have had no problems with theirs I'd still keep it in mind just in case.

Oh the Alcantara version is not much more that you have to spend, has 3 pedals with it (apparently better than the G27 ones) and you get a nicer/fancy fluffy wheel

RE: PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - Pete - 2016-04-12 14:00

The T300 is leaps and bounds better than anything you'll be getting from Logitech any time soon.

I tried the T300 pedals briefly and they're comparable to the Logitech offering however they do come with a rubber load-cell add on which will give you an advantage under brakes once you get used to it. I use Fanatec CSR Elite pedals though so the T3PA pedals that came in the T300 Alcantara bundle will just be a backup pedal-set.

Elmo, Spencer and myself all bought the T300 Alcantara bundle because it is quite simply the best deal in sim racing right now. Period. Here are the reasons:

- The rim is exquisite. It's extremely comfortable to use, it's got a 30cm diameter, great paddle response, plenty of buttons and functions. It's an 8:10 scale replica of the 599XX EVO rim so naturally it feels like it could happily have come straight from an actual car.

- The servo base is super smooth and super fast. When you put all of that together you get no deadzone so unlike any logitech wheel you get force feedback at every steering angle. The first time I really noticed this was when I was racing on SO4 with the FXO, the T2 kerb actually made my wheel pull to the left which I had never felt in LFS before because my DFGT had a massive deadzone in the central position. Having feedback everywhere just adds to the experience. Because the wheel is servo and belt driven, it's really quiet even when you're going for it. There is a fan which kicks in occasionally to cool down the motor, usually after around 20 minutes of aggressive driving. It has a PS3/PS4 switch on it (use PS3 switch for PC). It's also a 1080 degree base which the force feedback will handle in about a second and a half (Yes, it's very fast). The profiler software you get with it is pretty basic but some of the features are nicer than Logitech's, most notably, the rotation text box lets you enter a value rather than being forced to use a slider.

- The pedals are ok. I can't really say much else about them because like I said earlier, I don't actually use them. You can buy an adapter from Thrustmaster if you'd prefer to use your G25/G27 pedals but I would honestly recommend just ditching your Logitech gear and attaching the rubber load-cell to the Thrustmaster pedal-set and going from there.

- TH8A Shifter add-on. Just get it, it's brilliant. It has an 8 speed mode (1-7 + reverse) and a sequential mode (different face plate). It can plug into the T300 base or straight into your PC with USB (It'll register as a separate controller so you can use it with ANY wheel).

If you don't want the fancy 599XX EVO Alcantara edition version of the T300 then I'm sure the GTE rim version is perfectly fine. I just wanted a nice centre piece to my rig and I'm over the moon with my wheel.

If your budget is €450, get the T300 Alcantara and use the pedals with the rubber load cell. Then if you want a shifter you'll still have enough money to get one.

Hope this helps.

RE: PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - GT4tube - 2016-04-12 14:37

Great Guide! Thanks Pete Biggrin
I no need a shifter.
I want get T300RS or T300 GTE

My G27 pedals is broken, what i need get a pedals which? for work on PS3/PS4?
But where get "the pedals with the rubber load cell" ?? this http://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Kit_for_Thrustmaster_Pedals_p/rmt-lc500.htm ?? 169$ I don't want it.

Pete, u forget ask about: you know Fanatec CSR Pedals EU v1 for T300RS/T300 GTE will work?

Really i need going to buy right now.

RE: PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - Pete - 2016-04-12 18:25

The CSR EU pedals only work with Fanatec wheels. There might be converters out there but I wouldn't risk it.

Do you want 3 pedals, GT4? If you do, get the T300 Alcantara, it comes with the T3PA pedals.

T300 Alcantara : 3 Pedals (Clutch|Brake|Gas) (Includes load cell add-on)
T300 GTE : 2 Pedals (Brake|Gas)
T300 RS : 2 Pedals (Brake|Gas)

If you want the GTE or RS and you want 3 pedals, you'll have to get these: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t3pa-add

If you want 3 pedals, it's cheaper to get the Alcantara bundle: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t300-ferrari-integral-racing-wheel-alcantara-edition

RE: PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - GT4tube - 2016-04-12 18:29

Ah ok :/

I want both 2 pedals or 3 pedals. T300 original with 2 pedals is bad quality too, i dont want broken a pedals again Sad I want great quality for pedals.

T3PA-PRO problem link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uraUXU5Fu0
what you think?

OK i will get T300 Alcantara Or T300 GTE.

RE: PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - Pete - 2016-04-12 19:12

Do not bother with the T3PA-Pro pedals unless you really care about having them in an inverted position. There is no other advantage, the hardware is identical.

RE: PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - GT4tube - 2016-04-12 19:19

Ok, I will get T300 Ferrari Alcantara. I have no choice, want play lfs right now.

Pete thanks for help. Smile

GG

RE: PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - Sam - 2016-04-13 00:32

Good choice!

RE: PLAN: T300RS Vs G29 (What you think option?) - GT4tube - 2016-04-13 06:53

Yeah Smile Buy already, cant wait get tomorrow or Friday. Biggrin

My G27 Wheel will sell about 95-100 euro Wheel only. Smile

Got T300 alcantara!

May to closed thread.