[TC] Gaming Forums
The Grand Tour - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Shows & Movies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Thread: The Grand Tour (/showthread.php?tid=22329)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The Grand Tour - Audiojack - 2016-11-25 20:13

Why do they keep...
It's such a useless unfunny filler.

RE: The Grand Tour - Banana4Life - 2016-11-25 20:50

Watched 2nd episode today, didn't like it. Especially that army bit, so repeated. Many repeated jokes just got unfunny. I also thought Vulcan review would be better, Zonda R review my fav TG review I was hoping for something like that :/

RE: The Grand Tour - Tris - 2016-11-26 04:54

Thought the first episode was a very good start enjoyed most of it, other then whatever they where trying to go for with "celebrity brain crash" bit.
But the 2nd episode was pretty bad in my opinion, as banana already said the whole army thing was way too repetitive and also went on way to long in my opinion, it started off funny but they just ended up overdoing it. Was hoping they would get rid of/make better that whole "celebrity brain crash" segment but it was almost the exact same thing as the last time and even less funny this time.

RE: The Grand Tour - Audiojack - 2016-11-26 12:26

I quite enjoyed the soldier thing, it was made up to be almost like a video game. Which made me think, I would probably play that. W00t

RE: The Grand Tour - Brixton - 2016-11-26 12:32

I watched the 2nd episode yesterday and i was shocked: Very bad, not funny.

The army thing was exaggerated, the part with drifting james may looks funny at first, but was pretty boring.

Top Gear was a car show with great dark british humor. Not so serious but still about cars and beeing a petrolhead. The 2nd episode dont feels like that. It feels more like a ordynary sitcom without artificial laughter...

Hope the 3th episode will be better and they not try to make "kill a celebraty" as runnig gag. Was funny in 1st episode, but not in 2nd and it will not in 3th...

RE: The Grand Tour - Frozen - 2016-11-26 16:18

Episode 2 was quite boring indeed. Skipped most parts to find some action, but was disappointing.

RE: The Grand Tour - sezski - 2016-11-29 17:00

This Episode looks SOOOO GOOD!

RE: The Grand Tour - Audiojack - 2016-11-29 17:15

I remember seeing finnish news posts about Clarksons house being demolished, and locals being a little annoyed by it...

RE: The Grand Tour - sezski - 2016-11-29 18:49

Never heard a thing about it haha.

RE: The Grand Tour - Adam - 2016-11-29 19:57

i heard about it, it was a bit of a spoiler Sad

RE: The Grand Tour - Sam - 2016-11-29 21:20

It was all over British news when it happened, apparently his neighbors where not happy about it. Hopefully it is better than the second episode.

RE: The Grand Tour - Pete - 2016-11-29 22:23

Jezza's house demolition made national news here and they mentioned that there was a film crew their that day. I put 2 and 2 together a while ago. Still, should be funny.

RE: The Grand Tour - Audiojack - 2016-11-30 13:03

Yeah, that's what the finnish news websites reported as well. Apparently the townsfolk were mostly mad about there being a funeral held during the demolition. W00t That's a very Clarkson-esque time to blow things up too.

RE: The Grand Tour - Ras - 2016-12-10 18:08

RE: The Grand Tour - fWANKy - 2016-12-10 18:16

tbh, im kinda not liking the grand tour, i guess it was overhyped.

RE: The Grand Tour - Banana4Life - 2016-12-11 15:10

I agree^

RE: The Grand Tour - Cola - 2016-12-11 16:01

Hope it improves over time, compared to Top Gear who had a completely ready and set format that's been running for many many years, I think The Grand Tour is doing quite well. However I miss some of the seriousness, it's like they continue off exactly where Top Gear stopped in regards to how apparent it had become that everything is fake and set up.
- It's basically just two old men and a slightly less old man laughing at each other - occasionally driving and talking about a nice car.

RE: The Grand Tour - Ras - 2016-12-11 17:06

I think it's great. I also liked old top gear till the end.

RE: The Grand Tour - Adam - 2016-12-11 21:30

Grand Tour has started way better than the did with TopGear, not sure if this is bad or good, i guess time will tell.

RE: The Grand Tour - Blade3562 - 2016-12-12 06:55

I think their target demographic changed. Everyone I know even those who never watched top gear love it. My mom finds it hilarious even. I think it's aimed for more of a worldwide market rather than just BBC countries.

I haven't seen episode 4 yet hoping to catch it in a couple days.