[TC] Gaming Forums
Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? (/showthread.php?tid=22675)

Pages: 1 2

Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - BP - 2016-06-11 17:49

Hey everyone,

To get straight to the point, we would like to know whether you enjoy Blackwood on the [TC] CityDriving servers? Please vote in the poll.

Thanks,
BP

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Owl - 2016-06-11 18:01

It's all very tight and there is no margin for error while driving fast (like in a chase). Also the noobing ground is always changing with no exit to it

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Pete - 2016-06-11 18:06

Skoda Wrote:It's all very tight and there is no margin for error

You confused Blackwood for Sydney or what?

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Adam - 2016-06-11 18:19

I voted no because it gets boring driving around a track that has no turn-offs. (apart from the rallycross sections which are hell while cruising or in chases) I would have said yes if the noobing grounds were re-implemented to the layout as that was the only thing that made Blackwood fun.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - BP - 2016-06-11 18:26

Only liking a track because of the NOOBING GROUNDS is far from ideal IMO.

EDIT: Obviously, saying why you voted yes/no can be useful to us.
I voted no because I find the track to be quite boring because there aren't many routes, compared to the others.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Some1 - 2016-06-11 18:41

I quite like it, the corners remind me of some of the outer section on Kyoto which often sees no traffic. It's also nice to have a track where going on the dirt section in chases is a viable tactic due to a lack of other routes, unlike Jamaica where the dirt roads are just a detour. Maybe i'm just biased though, being used to closed layouts from the past and all.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Ras - 2016-06-11 18:44

Driving around and around and around on such a short track with barely any alternative routes is way too boring for me, so i've said no.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Tingle - 2016-06-11 18:47

Quite fun for chases and seeing as I spend most of my time as a cop, I've voted yes.

However, from the point of view of those who'd only like to cruise and not enter chases, it probably is boring.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Adorable - 2016-06-11 18:48

I like it a lot.

Challenging pursuits with normal road and rallycross track, rarely having to slow down (even at the roundabout you pass with a speed of 80kph), the roads are okay and two cars can pass comfortably.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Ph4nToM - 2016-06-11 19:27

I love RB4 chases in blackwood, but i agree if you just wanna cruise it gets pretty boring.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Carl - 2016-06-11 19:50

Welcome to Blackwood, let me be your guide:

I enjoy driving on it sometimes, but after only a short while it becomes really boring. But if there is a way to spice it up with some junctions or just change how the roads go it would be great. I know there isn't much asphalt to work with on Blackwood but it just feels too plain to me. The only significant part of the track is the roundabout.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Borja - 2016-06-11 19:55

Do you guys remember the old Westhill? There werent any routes, just a middle-big track.

So, its a great track +1, but its bit boring when you have cruised some laps -1

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Adam - 2016-06-11 20:10

I think blackwood would be a lot better if you added this: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=20878, it would make the layout more interesting and and better to drive on. Sure it needs to be improved a bit but after that it would be great!

If this was added i would definitely give it a yes vote!

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Pete - 2016-06-11 20:13

(2016-06-11 20:10)k_badam Wrote:  I think blackwood would be a lot better if you added this: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=20878, it would make the layout more interesting and and better to drive on. Sure it needs to be improved a bit but after that it would be great!

If this was added i would definitely give it a yes vote!

If that was worth our time, it would have been added.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Owl - 2016-06-11 20:48

(2016-06-11 18:06)Pete Wrote:  
Skoda Wrote:It's all very tight and there is no margin for error

You confused Blackwood for Sydney or what?

Wall = crash, grass = spin.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Barney - 2016-06-11 20:53

dont like it either, but didn't really mind it being in the schedule until noobingground-acess got removed. yes, that might not seem ideal to some, but it was a welcome variety especially at blackwood(wich isnt too interesting) and after tight SO. So to me it makes sense, at the current state i vote no, with the Noobing Grounds i dont mind it, might even vote yes.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - fWANKy - 2016-06-11 21:26

i love it, it has a lovely flow to it when you're going fast and chases are alot harder to escape from because of the small nature of the track, which isnt a bad thing. People always complain that Blackwood is boring with no turn off/alternate routes, yet sydey which is a city track is not many peoples first choice of track either.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - gigawert - 2016-06-11 22:12

It's alright for chases, but very boring for cruising, especailly for those of us who played the demo a lot.

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Epilogue - 2016-06-12 03:07

I really like it,because it reminds me alot of memory when i was playing demo,it's fun for chases,you can made no mistakes and thats close to layout barriar,and also good for making money

RE: Do you like Blackwood on [TC] CityDriving? - Cola - 2016-06-12 15:28

I've always loved the simplicity of blackwood, I had the same with the old westhill track. Love it.