[TC] Gaming Forums
Loan System - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Loan System (/showthread.php?tid=22729)

Loan System - westfield - 2016-06-14 12:44

I remember being a new user once, and starting out was fun for a while, but you would soon be frustrated with the fact, you couldn't afford the nicer cars sooner.

what if a system like a bank system would be introduced into the game,

Depending on your driven distance, or hours in game you could get a set amount loan. like £10,000 for anyone who has driven up to 1500 Miles. and anyone who has driven 10,000 miles or over could have access to £25,000. And when playing the game you would pay it off hourly, or as you earn cash. once paid off, you could take it out again, and continue financing and bulding up an arsenal of newer cars.

I think this would help the players who don't earn big money "meds" buy a nice brand new rb4, and make the game more realistic and enjoyable.

I see it has been suggested before, and the last argument was that it would mean new people would have nice cars. thats why i think with the more mileage you do, the more cash you can borrow.

Also what about a banking, saving, earning interest option. It could be really strict like making someone put all of there cash into a savigs for 24 hours. so they have no money, and makes them cruise more! and in return they get 1 or 2 % added on ?

Theses are just what springs to mind! don't jump on the hate waggon!! Biggrin

My personal example is, i have a garage full of top condition fz5's- mrt's- lx6's ect ect...

There for i'm spending most of my money on new nice cars, and leaving a 50 k buffer... I would now like to buy the xfr gt thing, and selling all my cars to finance this is a small buzz kill, and saving 40 -50 k would take forever. making me get a little bored or cruising. it would be nice if you could finance it, enjoy the car and pay it off in installations!

And it's not like everyone would then be running around in nice cars, because most of us already have a good collection!

RE: Loan System - Carl - 2016-06-14 12:55

Your loan idea isn't a bad idea if you think about it, it makes sense. BUT I personally don't agree with it, although it may work I like the system now. Let me use an example. Gumball is approaching and everybody is in need of money to use for the race. Instead of people being like "ahh screw it I'll just take a loan" people organize cruises etc which is what the server is all about.

As for the new players, well we all started at the bottom, you just got to have some patience. Enjoy driving the slower cars and as a reward you work your way up to faster ones.

As for the bank idea with all the interest stuff, way too over complicated for a cruise server, I'd imagine that would remain the same so no need to comment on that.

RE: Loan System - westfield - 2016-06-14 13:00

okay, a very good responce, would there be a way of working it, so the loans could only go towards vehicles ? i just feel there should be some form of financing something.

it adds another aspect to the game, and will make people manage what they earn and blow away whilst speading.

If people had the option to finance there car, it could also open the opportunity for them to be able to do the gumball ?

Thanks

RE: Loan System - Renegade - 2016-06-14 13:10

While I believe your idea is a good one, I don't see the point of it on the TC server at the moment. In my opinion it is so easy to earn money, with intake restriction being a thing. If you think about it, it really isn't hard to save up for the cars you want. If you take a 35% restricted UF1, you can earn +6 when you reach the speed limit. And if you take a 46% restricted XRT, you can earn up to +5. In a week, if you try, you can easily earn €30,000 or more.

You start off with €10,000. You can easily pick up a cheap pre-owned TBO car for that price, and then save up further for the cars you want. If anything, I think that you should lose more money from chases. Like doubling the price of fines from chases, to make it more realistic and have people disregarding road rules less, they'd care more about their bank account and play more realistically.

With that being said, I do believe there should be something new implemented, almost like servicing your car, but insuring it. You have to insure it once every 2 weeks or so, each class of car being a different price e.g. for TBO cars €250 for 2 weeks of insurance. I think that would make the game more realistic and you can also be fined for driving without insurance.

Edit: Insurance could be based of milage too, like the servicing, you could insure your car for 2500km's for €250, or insure it for 5000km's for €450 or so.

Like I said, I like your idea, but it takes the fun away from earning the money in my opinion, and you'd not appreciate the cars you bought as much if you didn't have to work as hard for them.

RE: Loan System - Connor - 2016-06-14 13:42

Insurance was always a good idea from the many threads we've had on it, but it unfortunately never got implemented, not sure it will now either. I'd like to see COPs pulling people over to check for insurance too (part of the LEAS system could be if they have insurance or not). That would then man more fine money, and more people being careful with their money.

As for this idea; all's been said really already. It's so easy to earn money with a little patience, why over-complicate a simple cruise system with an overcluttering of further code for the InSim?

RE: Loan System - Adorable - 2016-06-14 14:27

You can earn +6,000€ in just 1 hour, do that everyday.

in 1 week: 42k.

=> Brand new FZ5 +2k

in 2 monthes: 360k.

shouldn't that be enough to buy all cars by just driving 1 hour a day?

RE: Loan System - Owl - 2016-06-14 14:42

(2016-06-14 14:27)Adorable Wrote:  You can earn +6,000€ in just 1 hour, do that everyday.

in 1 week: 42k.

=> Brand new FZ5 +2k

in 2 monthes: 360k.

shouldn't that be enough to buy all cars by just driving 1 hour a day?

This actually makes me want to stick to the speed limits more Biggrin

RE: Loan System - KooKoo - 2016-06-14 21:48

Really you can earn 6,000e an hour? how? which car? I just realized this. Sad

RE: Loan System - Yukine - 2016-06-14 22:10

(2016-06-14 21:48)KooKoo Wrote:  Really you can earn 6,000e an hour? how?

RE: Loan System - Adorable - 2016-06-14 23:00

Try to use roads that has a limit of 80 kph

You keep getting a consistent +6 using a 50% restricted XFG / XRG.

Once you do 150kms. The bonus payouts will be +500€. Well imagine if you save your trip on TC2 and continue driving tomorrow, the bonus starts to stack up and then ez money every 50 kms.

RE: Loan System - Sebas - 2016-06-15 00:45

Restriction bonuses already made getting new cars easier. It's also rewarding to see the money pile up when you casually drive a 50% restricted XRG. The market for used cars was also overhauled recently allowing players to buy a used car at a fraction of the price. Forcing the player to drive in order to get better cars is the right thing to do. If we offer loans to new players, they would get "better cars" easily and get bored of driving faster.

Your point is valid and your idea seems sounds. Unfortunately, I don't really think this is what new players need.