[TC] Gaming Forums
Overtaking on other line OK or not? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Arrivals and Newbies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: Overtaking on other line OK or not? (/showthread.php?tid=23321)

Overtaking on other line OK or not? - Brixton - 2016-07-31 14:07

First sorry if my english is not perfect. I try my best.

Today (15:55) i get chased from [COP]Tartarus Nyx for driving the wrong way.

I was overtaking two dudes who drive 80 kph in a 100 kph zone with around 100 (+-).
It was a straight line and i see nothing to come the other way. So i drive over the other side and overtook. Was there maybe for ~10 sec. Then i set indicator right and go back on my side.

I pay the 75 € fine and i dont wanna complain. The situation is gone. But 2 days before a COP (dont know who) tells me, that using the other lane for overtaking is OK if i dont stay there or impede somebody.

What is the correct using of the rule?

Thank you.

RE: Overtaking on other line OK or not? - BP - 2016-07-31 14:11

Finelist says:
Quote:Driving on the wrong side / wrong direction (Does not include overtaking (within reason), passing or evading)

10 seconds on the wrong side does sound a bit excessive to me. A replay would be useful though, e.g. it would show if there were barriers attempting to separate both sides of the road. If this was the case, I don't think it would be legal to overtake there.

Link to finelist: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1E2jBSgqQjmuZfQhLt-MthVViq87BT5jzuQ19-RqHpEk&

RE: Overtaking on other line OK or not? - Brixton - 2016-07-31 14:37

I dont thought of an replay. But there were now barries.

Have take a screen from the lane where i was overtaking. Maybe it was only 6 sec. I dont know, but it was not for a long time. But it was two guys and the need all of the right lane together and they drive slowley.

[attachment=945]