[TC] Gaming Forums
GPS - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: GPS (/showthread.php?tid=23476)

GPS - Tris - 2016-08-14 09:43

I personally think it would be very cool and helpful if something like a gps system was added. Basically what I am thinking is it would be used when you use !Locate and !respond or there could even be another way to trigger it by selecting a specific location. Text would come on the screen that gives you step by step directions to get to that location such as "Turn right in -meters" by now I'm sure you understand what I mean. I know there is already the locator you can buy but that does not give you directions, it just shows where the target is and says how far away it is. I am not sure if this would even be possible and even if it was I know it would be a massive undertaking. But it would help people without a good sense of direction or simply don't know their way around a great deal, especially on bigger maps such as westhill. This was just a random idea I had, I don't know if it has been suggested before either.

RE: GPS - Tingle - 2016-08-14 10:10

It's definitely a cool idea but I'm not so sure of just how useful it would be. The reason I say this is because it doesn't actually take that long to learn where the locations on the track are and if you don't know, there are maps online to refer to for this.

Perhaps for tracks such as West Hill it would serve more of a purpose due to how many routes there are, however, even that isn't too hard to navigate after a short while.

-1 from me.

RE: GPS - Tris - 2016-08-14 11:50

Yea I see your point, I was actually thinking of it mainly because of West Hill, since even on the online map a lot of the locations are not shown. Quite hard to find your way around if you are new to it.

RE: GPS - Blacktop - 2016-08-14 15:14

I think it'd be kinda cool. Some sort of small arrow in a corner with a distance readout also?

RE: GPS - Tris - 2016-08-15 04:51

Yes something like that.

RE: GPS - Huski - 2016-08-15 19:09

I would upvote this, I would upvote this until my children suffer upvote guilt.