[TC] Gaming Forums
An improved WE Gas Station? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: An improved WE Gas Station? (/showthread.php?tid=23509)

Pages: 1 2 3

An improved WE Gas Station? - Carl - 2016-08-17 19:33

I'm not very good at editing layouts, so please excuse the fact it's not very well made.

In an attempt to lower the amount of crashes caused from people pulling out of the gas station, I thought to create a one-way system so that cars can actually only come out one way. The way it currently is, the gas station can be accessed through 3 turn in points, one of which is an exit, which people use regardless.

[Image: OjgTyK0.png]
[Image: 9Vbrudw.png]

Wasn't sure how to make this section less awkward. It's a big empty space, just tried extending things and adding additional parking space.
[Image: NkTx9QD.png]

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Yukine - 2016-08-17 20:29

A safer gas station, definitely a +1.

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Dizzle - 2016-08-17 20:49

People need to start finding humor in some of the accidental crashes like it was 5+ years ago. I for one, find most accidents hilarious. If we eliminate most accident areas the LFS Gif thread will not exist.

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Borja - 2016-08-17 21:01

Its a great suggestion , I like it , but just what Dizzle said , we cant fix every "dangerous" zone cause "dangerous" drivers dont respect the ways..

So , neutral point (0)

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Adorable - 2016-08-17 22:14

+1

I like the suggestion, a lot better than the existing layout.

and pls ignore post #3 (Dizzle), he wants more user reports and get more peoples banned

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Jacob - 2016-08-17 22:42

Nice idea Nismo but in this case i am with Dizzle.

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Ph4nToM - 2016-08-17 23:14

Wait...how does fixing one area that is actually problematic would stop us from having hilarious accidents?

I personally like the idea.

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Carl - 2016-08-17 23:29

Bare in mind, it's not completely cancelling out the crashes, but reducing them. I think at the moment it's a bit hectic. I like the crashes too, but they're happening 9/10 times I drive up that road.

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - KooKoo - 2016-08-18 02:35

I like your idea nismo, +1 for me. It's more realistic too.

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Getrag - 2016-08-18 04:58

(2016-08-17 20:49)Dizzle Wrote:  -1

People need to start finding humor in some of the accidental crashes like it was 5+ years ago. I for one, find most accidents hilarious. If we eliminate most accident areas the LFS Gif thread will not exist.
To late! To many crybabies in this server....

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Wouter - 2016-08-18 07:46

Well, i think the way it is the most realistic is. There are many people IRL driving the wrong way on parking lots like these (that's why i think it's realistic).

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Chuck - 2016-08-18 08:18

I think it doesn't matter much *where* people enter or leave the road. The main issue here is that people simply don't look left or right. Which is actually negligent or reckless driving as defined in rule 1.2.

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Barney - 2016-08-18 08:54

Not really the "main" issue though. Rushing down there with 200kph is as reckless as not looking. I often aswell find it hard to spot oncoming cars. People are simply not seeing the traffic due to the high speeds, three entrances, bushes, cops parking on the "side", and people drifting there. In chases just dont drive past there.
If people fly past the entrance/exit and get hit, they must not entirely blame the traffic coming out of there. Both are at fault imho and then accidents are indeed funny. I'd rather tend to no changes.

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Dino - 2016-08-18 12:54

(2016-08-17 20:49)Dizzle Wrote:  -1

Yup, Kyoto was way more fun without the bridges, more junctions and nice crashes.

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Adam - 2016-08-18 16:01

I don't think this is a good idea because if you take out the dangerous areas that are really slow then the dangerous drivers will move to the faster bits, and that wouldn't be a good thing...

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - kudlateli - 2016-08-19 14:28

What about calm down the area and all those speed lovers by simple Traffic Island like this :
[Image: EQxwOlK.jpg]
RED LINE [NO ENTRY] : RED/WHITE BARRIER OR CONCRETE WALL HEIGHT [1.25m]
BLUE BOX [POLICE CAR] So you can catch fast and easily all those that make a mistake here Smile
GREY LINE [ENTRY/EXIT FOR POLICE] Fence in game or just simple white line.
WHITE LINE [STOP AND GO]. Just like in normal life traffic.
I Hope you understand me , if not i will make a picture how this thing should look like in game .
UDPATE : Just another idea.
[Image: 8zDaZR5.jpg]

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Warped - 2016-08-19 16:49

I have an idea. Let's remove all the rules. Then we can have a jolly good time laughing together. Smile

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Borja - 2016-08-19 17:22

(2016-08-19 14:28)kudlateli Wrote:  

IMO , this will cause more caos than the actual one.
Why? Cause ppl will go into ww for avoiving the long route for going straight ahead.

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - kudlateli - 2016-08-19 17:55

Rules are rules, that island is to slow down the traffic. [One way system]
You need to slow down to avoid a crash.
Thats a simple city driving rule. [Image: pRVoBCl.jpg]

RE: An improved WE Gas Station? - Ph4nToM - 2016-08-19 19:45

Yeah that second suggestion would simply never work. It's already hard enough for people to stop at junctions...let alone something like this.