[TC] Gaming Forums
The little Beemer that could - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Multimedia (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: The little Beemer that could (/showthread.php?tid=23529)

The little Beemer that could - Blacktop - 2016-08-19 20:10

Yesterday evening, I opened up Final Cut Pro X with the intent on making something for the first time yesterday...

Naturally it was going to be an LFS video!

Quality is shite as I had to record all footage at 1280x800 (gg MacBook).

Any feedback or tips any of you may have would be very much appreciated, given this is my first video, I've caught the bug now and I really want to get stuck into them.

Enjoy Smile

RE: The little Beemer that could - Carl - 2016-08-19 20:19

That was pretty good for a first edit. The actual video quality wasn't clear though. Not sure if it was how you recorded it, but maybe how you exported it. Could be just my eyes, ignore me if it is.

But.. Wink

RE: The little Beemer that could - Borja - 2016-08-19 20:29

Fantastic work bt!
Maybe to much effects at the end of the video? hehe Tongue

RE: The little Beemer that could - MousemanLV - 2016-08-19 20:57

Reminds me of my teammates style HERE (and start watching from 3:00. I miss the D-MaX days, your style sort of reminds me of the golden LFSdrift days.

Some might say that there were too many effects - I say you can never have too many effects (video above is a great example). You got something going on there, I encourage you to keep on going and keep developing your style. I personally LOVE not necessarily overdone, but perhaps over the top editing is what you could consider it?

overall,
1) despite the video quality being rather low, it definitely had that 2009ish feel to it, I loved it for that (those drifting scenes just made it soooo much better)
2) good FPS
3) great camera angles, keeps the audience entertained

conclusion - you were killin' it. straight up gangsta. I want to see more, I WANT MORE EFFECTS, I want more action! As I said, this video reminded me of the golden LFSDrift community days. Great memories!

RE: The little Beemer that could - El Chapo - 2016-08-19 21:08

Damn Blacktop, turned out great!, we need to do it again Tongue

RE: The little Beemer that could - CyanKill - 2016-08-19 21:31

Nice well done I really liked it. But my eyes didnt

RE: The little Beemer that could - Pete - 2016-08-19 22:15

My head hurts after watching that. I liked the beginning but then it went trippy.

RE: The little Beemer that could - Blacktop - 2016-08-20 21:22

(2016-08-19 20:19)Nismo Wrote:  That was pretty good for a first edit. The actual video quality wasn't clear though. Not sure if it was how you recorded it, but maybe how you exported it. Could be just my eyes, ignore me if it is.

But.. Wink

Yeah, I'm a bit bummed out by the video quality. As my PC is too useless to record anything at a decent framerate at a decent resolution, I'd to resort to installing LFS on my MacBook in order to pull footage from there. 1280x720 was the best I could output, so it was really a case of working with what I had Tongue Soon to change, though!

(2016-08-19 20:57)MousemanLV Wrote:  Reminds me of my teammates style HERE (and start watching from 3:00. I miss the D-MaX days, your style sort of reminds me of the golden LFSdrift days.

Some might say that there were too many effects - I say you can never have too many effects (video above is a great example). You got something going on there, I encourage you to keep on going and keep developing your style. I personally LOVE not necessarily overdone, but perhaps over the top editing is what you could consider it?

overall,
1) despite the video quality being rather low, it definitely had that 2009ish feel to it, I loved it for that (those drifting scenes just made it soooo much better)
2) good FPS
3) great camera angles, keeps the audience entertained

conclusion - you were killin' it. straight up gangsta. I want to see more, I WANT MORE EFFECTS, I want more action! As I said, this video reminded me of the golden LFSDrift community days. Great memories!

Daaamn. It's videos like that that inspired me to see what it'd be like if I were to make my own. The action is captured and presented absolutely flawlessly!
One one hand, I totally understand the claims of too much effects, and that's no problem, as without the effects it, i suppose, preserves a more "natural" feel. One the other hand, I feel that well-used effects (without going overboard with them) have the potential to differentiate a good video from a great one.

I appreciate your feedback! I'm sure I'll have some more on the horizon Biggrin

(2016-08-19 21:08)El Chapo Wrote:  Damn Blacktop, turned out great!, we need to do it again Tongue

Hells yes! Tandem donuts for days ;D

(2016-08-19 22:15)Pete Wrote:  My head hurts after watching that. I liked the beginning but then it went trippy.

Unfortunately that's the effect that a banger of a drop has on me...
Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments, my wee Beemer is getting some mad love Biggrin It's really really appreciated!

RE: The little Beemer that could - Ras - 2016-08-20 21:43

Nice video. I like the effects.