[TC] Gaming Forums
Medic question - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Medic question (/showthread.php?tid=236)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Medic question - BP - 2011-10-15 19:21

I couldn't find anything in the rules about this - are medics allowed to use horn 4 & 5 when responding to a "call"?

I know I could have just asked this in-game, but I think it would be nice to post here so people who have the same question can use this thread.

Thanks

RE: Medic question - Makee - 2011-10-15 19:25

well, Cal was using (horn 5?) today.

RE: Medic question - BP - 2011-10-15 19:26

Just to note, I wasn't referring to Cal. I was thinking of going medic myself so I wanted to know this, not because of anyone else using it. Smile

RE: Medic question - Makee - 2011-10-15 19:28

okey, i let TC answer for that Smile

RE: Medic question - Lewis - 2011-10-15 19:30

Yes medic's are able to use horns 4 and 5 + strobe.

RE: Medic question - KaraK - 2011-10-15 19:35

Yes, they can use horn 4 and 5. Smile
Nobody has to move though, and you can still be chased by the cops.

It's like a TOW car, but with horn 4 and 5. Wink

RE: Medic question - BP - 2011-10-15 19:39

Yeah I know about those other points KaraK Smile

And thanks.

RE: Medic question - Pipa - 2011-10-15 21:56

NB did quite a nice guide some time ago, maybe he still got it saved somewhere.

RE: Medic question - Stephen - 2011-10-16 01:55

Yep you can.

RE: Medic question - Roba - 2011-10-16 07:15

So if I were a MED, and someone is flipped or someting and asking for towing, I could put strobes and sirens on before getting on the scene, unlike cops can?

RE: Medic question - Chuck - 2011-10-16 08:34

Do so many people have reading disabilities?

1.6. Horns #4 and #5 are reserved as a siren for police.

I hardly doubt, that some guide (which is not even public available) can overrule our server-rules.

RE: Medic question - BP - 2011-10-16 08:43

Yes, I am aware the rules state that (I just wasn't sure if it said MEDs are), Chuck, but the rules are also out-dated in many other ways, things change, sometimes particular rules do not.

RE: Medic question - Mr. NB - 2011-10-16 08:44

(2011-10-16 08:34)Chuck Wrote:  Do so many people have reading disabilities?

1.6. Horns #4 and #5 are reserved as a siren for police.

I hardly doubt, that some guide (which is not even public available) can overrule our server-rules.

I mean seriously, like you have never been on the server, when there was a chat going on about it. I have even opened a thread in the Members Area of old forum, before i have started making my Paramedic Guide, about whether MED's are allowed to use these horns, becouse it was not in the Server Rules and it was confirmed by a Team Leader.

Then let's clear this thing up once forever, make an official announcment and this is it. It has always been so that MED's can use Horns #4 and #5, but nobody has to move for them. They can get chased aswell.

You even use these horns as civilian or at least were not long ago, lol.

RE: Medic question - Chuck - 2011-10-16 09:16

It doesn't matter what I know or not, but we can expect people to play by the rules. Especially new players need to know whats right or wrong.
There are many guides (at least there have been), but in the end they are just recommendations and/or personal opinions. And in that particular case, you're recommending to break a rule. Sorry, but that cant work out that way. That conflict has to be resolved in either way. Either by changing that guide, or changing the server rules. Simply ignoring this problem will bring it up over and over again and is not helpful for anyone.

RE: Medic question - Mr. NB - 2011-10-16 10:20

(2011-10-16 09:16)Chuck Wrote:  It doesn't matter what I know or not, but we can expect people to play by the rules. Especially new players need to know whats right or wrong.

I agree, but it has been like that for ages and nobody had any problems with it, realy.

It is not me who has written the Server Rules, i am just saying how it has always been. And now suddenly, it is not allowed anymore. Even i personally should be banned ages ago then, for "breaking the Server Rules".

And i did not write a Paramedic Guide, just after my personal opinion. Even before i have posted it publicly, i have posted it in the Members Area, for higher levels to review it. They were obviously fine with it. Anyway, the guide is gone now, as it was on the old forum and i have got a new computer in the meantime.

RE: Medic question - McGherkin - 2011-10-16 11:09

I think we're going to see MEDs and RESs being written into the rules, finally.

Just do something like:

#.# Other Emergency Units
There are two other types of emergency unit: MED and RES
Their role is to assist at crashes, and act as a TOW if one is not present.
Their skins consist of Green and Yellow and Red and Yellow battenburg respectively.
They may use strobes and sirens, although you don't have to let them pass.
They are classed as civilians and therefore may be chased. They must also give way to chases.

Not too much work Tongue

RE: Medic question - Chuck - 2011-10-16 11:38

(2011-10-16 10:20)Mr. NB Wrote:  And now suddenly, it is not allowed anymore. Even i personally should be banned ages ago then, for "breaking the Server Rules".

The conflict was always there. The only sudden thing is that somebody actually asked.

As for further considerations:
I think it confuses other players. Medics have no special position in our game-play, so why would they need priority signals? Fact is, they don't have priority, nobody has to move for them, yet they use a priority signal. That is contradictory and confuses people who are not aware of such a special exception to the rules. Especially if one side actually assumes they got priority.

I wish the management will once and for all clear this issue and don't forget to write it down.

RE: Medic question - McGherkin - 2011-10-16 12:02

We haven't suddenly asked though, it's just the first time you've known. And it was decided by leaders, and approved, so it just needs adding to the rules.

The reason why MEDs have sirens is because ambulances have them in real life. It's just about realism.

RE: Medic question - James - 2011-10-16 12:14

MEDs are an RP unit. Its not about imagination anymore in gaming. The progression of LFS and [TC] means it would most likely need to grow and incorporate the unit completely. (Commands etc.)

Yeah, its not really RP if you take away one of the main aspects of the unit.

RE: Medic question - Cal - 2011-10-16 12:20

I seems very pointless if we remove the ability to use Horn 4 and 5, we are just taking role play out of the game. I think everyone knows in real life that a MEDIC can use sirens on their 'ambulance' to get to places and help out at a scene of an accident, so why can't we do that here? I've never known any different from that both COPS and MEDS can both use horn 4 and 5, this is just a 'rumour rule' which all players get to know, rather than an actual rule.