[TC] Gaming Forums
Ideas for jobs - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Ideas for jobs (/showthread.php?tid=23668)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ideas for jobs - Chuck - 2016-08-30 13:03

Since the word has been said. Are there ideas for jobs or similar activities?

RE: Ideas for jobs - Josh - 2016-08-30 13:05

Definitely delivery/courier jobs, it's a lot of fun and a great way to learn your way around the server.

RE: Ideas for jobs - KooKoo - 2016-08-30 13:08

Do jobs, but make it long deliveries. Like we have to go through certain routes and drive for a long time. Not a 30 second trip, that's boring.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Viper - 2016-08-30 13:14

(2016-08-30 12:30)-Viper^ Wrote:  TC servers are known as "cops and robbers" servers. Give the 'robbers' something to rob.

Maybe some sort of vault that can be robbed for a 2 or 3k €.
Courier jobs are nice too. Accidents will reduce payout (cargo damage?) which encourages safer driving. Bonus for reaching certain delivery milestones.

I'll try to think of more.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Getrag - 2016-08-30 13:17

You can earn money preaty easy already I dont see why there should be jobs? This server doesnt need to be the same as every other cruise server...

RE: Ideas for jobs - KooKoo - 2016-08-30 13:19

Yea, the uniqueness of the server is it doesn't have jobs.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Kyle - 2016-08-30 13:24

(2016-08-30 13:05)Josh Wrote:  -snip- a great way to learn your way around the server.

(2016-08-30 13:14)-Viper^ Wrote:  
(2016-08-30 12:30)-Viper^ Wrote:  TC servers are known as "cops and robbers" servers. Give the 'robbers' something to rob.

Courier jobs are nice too. Accidents will reduce payout (cargo damage?) which encourages safer driving. Bonus for reaching certain delivery milestones.

I'm like the ideas others have said above, and I'd love either courier jobs or vaults you can rob (every 30 mins or something) for a small payment Smile

RE: Ideas for jobs - Paulius - 2016-08-30 13:35

Little idea: Weed. Maybe not weed but something illegal. For example I buy "illegal thing" for 500€ and I need to deliver it somewhere, If i success and do it I get, lets say 700€. Then police can do random people stops to check if they have something, all traffic stops, controlls etc.. If police stop you you loose that "Illegal thing". Feel free to add or change anything.
I think this would add a lot of fun.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Spark - 2016-08-30 13:40

(2016-08-30 13:35)Cerrut Wrote:  A Little idea: Weed. Maybe not the weed but something illegal. For example, I buy "illegal thing" for 500€ and I need to deliver it somewhere, If I success and do it I get, let's say 700€. Then the police can do random people stops to check if they have something, all traffic stops, controls etc.. If police stop you, you loose that "Illegal thing". Feel free to add or change anything.

That sounds awesome and will also give more realism to the cops. This will also allow cops to get some kind of teamwork going on.

Massive +1 from me.

RE: Ideas for jobs - KaraK - 2016-08-30 13:46

No on the casual jobs you find on other servers.
Big yes to being able to rob a vault or something.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Kyle - 2016-08-30 13:47

(2016-08-30 13:35)Cerrut Wrote:  Little idea: Weed. Maybe not weed but something illegal. For example I buy "illegal thing" for 500€ and I need to deliver it somewhere, If i success and do it I get, lets say 700€. Then police can do random people stops to check if they have something, all traffic stops, controlls etc.. If police stop you you loose that "Illegal thing". Feel free to add or change anything.

I'm loving that idea, bit like police in real life can perform routine stops for anything suspicious.

Also there could be a small ping on a car for the police saying there *could* be something suspicious but there could be times where it's incorrect, therefore sometimes not being accurate.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Adorable - 2016-08-30 13:47

Drive from a place to another random place - Get paid depending on the time you arrive. Like the RP System.

few more ideas: You get fired (Delivery canceled) when you get chased. << So that players will respect road-laws.
get achievements or complete them for little bonuses - Complete 15 jobs per session to get a little bonus ex (100€)

Jobs payments could be linked with insurances & taxes so that you pay for them upon doing your jobs. http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=13975&highlight=insurance

+ Adds realism
+ I think adding these will make peoples more interested and will raise the activity for sure.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Carl - 2016-08-30 13:47

I'd like something unique unlike other servers. The cargo damage thing sounds good.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Sebas - 2016-08-30 13:49

(2016-08-30 12:30)-Viper^ Wrote:  
(2016-08-30 05:46)Chuck Wrote:  to get people actually do something.
TC servers are known as "cops and robbers" servers. Give the 'robbers' something to rob.

Exactly that.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Paulius - 2016-08-30 13:51

Wont it make ultra money maker? Image if there is only one or two cops in the server, and user comes and robs it? It isnt really easy to catch especialy in WE. Another thing, cops will only chase those who rob bank, cuz there will be no time for other things... Im speaking because years ago I played in server with this system, and it doesnt worked well. There are two ways to end it, 4cops come and rek suspect or there are not enough cops and suspect escapes easily.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Kyle - 2016-08-30 13:55

(2016-08-30 13:51)Cerrut Wrote:  

Wont it make ultra money maker? Image if there is only one or two cops in the server, and user comes and robs it? It isnt really easy to catch especialy in WE. Another thing, cops will only chase those who rob bank, cuz there will be no time for other things... Im speaking because years ago I played in server with this system, and it doesnt worked well. There are two ways to end it, 4cops come and rek suspect or there are not enough cops and suspect escapes easily.

There can always be a restriction so you can only rob bank every 30 mins w/ at least 3/4 cops on server

RE: Ideas for jobs - Carl - 2016-08-30 13:58

(2016-08-30 13:55)Jack Wrote:  
(2016-08-30 13:51)Cerrut Wrote:  

There can always be a restriction so you can only rob bank every 30 mins w/ at least 3/4 cops on server

Yes, reminds me of Arma3 Altis life. Maybe you could restrict even further and turn it into thing that only happens on the weekend.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Ras - 2016-08-30 13:58

It'll be interesting to see people's ideas.

I just ask you all to try and think differently and come up with something unique rather than the usual 'cruise server jobs' which would take away what TC is known for and people like. (Not saying anyone have yet.. didn't read the replies thoroughly)

It's possible we can have some jobs, but they need to be unique and not seen before.

RE: Ideas for jobs - Kyle - 2016-08-30 14:01

(2016-08-30 13:58)Ras Wrote:  something unique... ...but they need to be unique and not seen before.

Maybe there could also be some teamwork jobs, I dunno.

RE: Ideas for jobs - KooKoo - 2016-08-30 14:03

Yes! I love that idea! Then we cops can add inspection points on random parts of the track and catch people who are smuggling illegal substances? That'll be a really cool feature!