[TC] Gaming Forums
Cop chase limitation - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Cop chase limitation (/showthread.php?tid=23755)

Cop chase limitation - gigawert - 2016-09-03 23:07

I think that if a chase goes on for more than 20km, the maximum amount of cops should go up to 6, then after 60km to 8. What do you think?

RE: Cop chase limitation - StreetFX - 2016-09-03 23:09

No, that would be a mess.

RE: Cop chase limitation - Adorable - 2016-09-03 23:27

1v8 though, I don't mind Biggrin It'd be better to allow use of heavy force instead of raising more cops in pursuit.

RE: Cop chase limitation - Luke - 2016-09-03 23:33

I have to admit, on the entertainment side of things, I like this idea! (20km is a little too little though imo, maybe 50km) Tongue

Back in the day a few years ago, if I recall correctly, chases didn't have a max cop limit, or it had a higher limit than it currently is. But, as it has already expressed, having more cops in a chase can get very messy, and generally chases that go on for longer periods of time, cops tend to drop out and new cops join in.
And on another note, despite the suspect obviously being a good suspect to be able to achieve a lengthy chase, cops already have a huge advantage over the suspect. Allowing more cops in the chase just makes it even more one-sided, even though I do agree that cops need to be slightly more favourable to win a chase, suspects should still get a chance to get away.

RE: Cop chase limitation - Borja - 2016-09-04 00:15

If we're making a replica of in real live , there is no maxim of cops.
So , why he should have it on server?

Maybe its a bit hard that on first 45 seconds have 10cops behind you , but I like the idea of have more cops depending of kms. Also , 20km seems less for me , maybe some more Tongue

+1

RE: Cop chase limitation - Tingle - 2016-09-04 00:19

I think it'd be cool if there is already 4 cops in the chase and somebody calls for more backup, a prompt appears on the suspect's screen saying something along the lines of "Do you wish to permit more than 4 cops in the chase?" followed by a 30 second window to accept.

Then perhaps the limit could either increase by 1 each time, or just uncap it entirely though I can imagine this resulting in carnage.

This way, if the suspect is bored and wants more of a challenge, they can allow that to happen. It also allows the cops who may be struggling to employ additional resources.

RE: Cop chase limitation - Byran - 2016-09-04 00:38

In real life you have these many cops to be safe when extracting the suspect from the car, in reality. Because you don't need these many ground officers when they have a chopper in the sky.
On the game we aren't extracting the suspect from the car, so if there would be more then 4 cops I would say something along the lines of no more then 6.
To be honest in a lot of chases 4 cops is already messy due to factors such as, being a new cop, being in a rush and wanting to race for the pit and bust, or lack of respect for certain guidelines, etc.
If we allow the maximum to be over 4 cops it should be after a certain amount of Km's for sure.

RE: Cop chase limitation - Dino - 2016-09-04 08:16

Maybe 5 as maximum, but not more.

RE: Cop chase limitation - BP - 2016-09-04 08:28

Nah, give suspects a chance. Four cops is enough, bearing in mind when one loses, another one gets called in and so on. People end up dealing with around maybe 10-20 cops in some really long chases.

RE: Cop chase limitation - KaraK - 2016-09-04 14:06

(2016-09-04 00:19)Tingle Wrote:  I think it'd be cool if there is already 4 cops in the chase and somebody calls for more backup, a prompt appears on the suspect's screen saying something along the lines of "Do you wish to permit more than 4 cops in the chase?" followed by a 30 second window to accept.

I can see this working.