[TC] Gaming Forums
Formula one's some sad Retirement - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Formula one's some sad Retirement (/showthread.php?tid=23757)

Formula one's some sad Retirement - Epilogue - 2016-09-04 00:38

As today when i wake up,i saw the news from yesterday that Massa retires from F1,and today i saw a old but good driver Button retires from F1 too,those 2 driver was in the golden F1 era (V10 times),the people who was in it only left Alonso,Kimi and Vettel(when he first time test for toro rosso),if you were a motorsport fans,what do you guys think about this?

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Luke - 2016-09-04 01:49

A sad day indeed. It's not the end for Button though, he has stepped down to allow Stoffel Vandourrne a race seat alongside with Alonso next year. He looks like a really promising young driver, so I'm all for that! But as a big fan of Button, it's going to be weird not seeing him in the front seat Sad

He is the Test driver and a part of the development team for Mclaren, so he's always ready to get back in the seat if needed, we definitely haven't seen the last of him. He said himself after 17 years of racing full time, day in day out, it was time for a break haha. McLaren have got off better in the long run of things really.

Massa started losing pace since the hybrid era to be honest, so it was only a matter of time really. Same goes for Kimi, he hasn't been to his best lately. An era comes and goes, I think it's the start of a new one personally, with some promising new drivers (Max, Vandourrne, Ocon, Saints). Hopefully, 2017 will be a more entertaining year in F1. Bigger engines, less restrictions on fuel etc.

My eyes are on Alonso, Hamilton, Verstappen, Vandourrne and Ricciardo for the next few years. Fantastic combination of drivers Biggrin

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Epilogue - 2016-09-04 02:11

ye true,Massa and Button are both really fast driver,sad to see they are not going to race in F1 anymore,but button is really a nice guys that want give his place to Vandourrne,i feel so sad when first time i see this,oh wow,my feelings Sad but i still will keep be a super fan of Sebastian,even know he seems not really have power this year,i am really hoping he can break schumacher's record,Looking foward to!

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Owl - 2016-09-08 05:19

Unless vettel moves to Mercedes, he won't win a world championship. Mercedes will probably still dominate the next three years

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Epilogue - 2016-09-08 10:25

ye sure,thats what red bull was in 2010 to 2013,but i must say,when the days that vettel in red bull,everyone still can have a chance to win the race,but now days,merc is too powerful,the chance of win only left hamilton and rosberg crashed out,thats what i hope for

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Owl - 2016-09-08 21:12

You have high hopes, that is highly unlikely to happen, only if Rosberg plays dirty with Hamilton.

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Olli - 2016-09-10 18:20

(2016-09-08 05:19)Skoda Wrote:  Unless vettel moves to Mercedes, he won't win a world championship. Mercedes will probably still dominate the next three years

Sebastian Vettel has mentioned that Ferrari is his dream team on multiple occasions so he won't be jumping to Maranello's archenemy Mercedes anytime soon. Since the F1 cars will face some significant changes for the next season (completely redesigned front and rear wing, wider tyres etc.) basically any team could be on the front row next year. Of course Red Bull, Mercedes, and Ferrari have got a much larger budget to be spent on development than smaller teams, which gives them an advantage. Mercedes taking the Championship Title in 2017 is still uncertain. Red Bull's chassis is without a doubt the best, unfortunately, they're stuck with Renault's powerless engine. If they were to have been offered a contract with Ferrari's or Mercedes' power unit, they'd be superior.

Luke Wrote:new drivers (Max, Vandourrne, Ocon, Saints)

Stoffel Vandoorne and Carlos Sainz Jr.* Wink

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Adam - 2016-09-10 18:39

It looks to me like Ferrari have been dropping pace compared to others in the last couple races, this is what happened to Mercedes in 2013. The way i see it is that Ferrari have given up on this season because they understand that they can't win so they are putting a lot more time into research for next season than for this season. Then again Mercedes aren't as dominant as they were the last couple seasons so they might be doing the same, but because they were so far ahead we haven't noticed much.

(2016-09-10 18:20)Olli Wrote:  Red Bull's chassis is without a doubt the best

I disagree, i think Mclarens one is the best but they are stuck with an even worse power plant

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Owl - 2016-09-10 18:49

(2016-09-10 18:20)Olli Wrote:  
(2016-09-08 05:19)Skoda Wrote:  Unless vettel moves to Mercedes, he won't win a world championship. Mercedes will probably still dominate the next three years

Sebastian Vettel has mentioned that Ferrari is his dream team on multiple occasions so he won't be jumping to Maranello's archenemy Mercedes anytime soon.

I was on about, for FV's dream to come true, Vettel would have to move teams, I never said he would....

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Olli - 2016-09-10 18:53

(2016-09-10 18:39)k_badam Wrote:  I disagree, i think Mclarens one is the best but they are stuck with an even worse power plant

Yeah, that's true! Both Red Bull and McLaren have done a brilliant work in designing their cars' frames, however, I do think that Red Bull is still just a tiny bit ahead of McLaren. Adrian Newey is just the best in aerodynamics. Honda's power plant is indeed miserable.

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Luke - 2016-09-10 23:12

Mclaren probably have the most efficient chassis aerodynamically, definitely one of the strongest (considering the amount of times it's been in contact with other cars but remained in one piece). With Honda been a year behind every other manufacturer in the V6 Hybrid era, it's no surprise it's pretty crap. But I must say, the improvements they've made since rejoining F1 have been phenomenal if you look into the details. The Token system is what hinders the rate of improvements, and to deal with it in the way they have is really impressive.
I believe they will be serious contenders next year, theoretically, it was a smart move to endorse Honda to try and beat Mercedes dominance next year. In fact, since the last upgrade Honda made in August, if the reliability stays good, they will be pretty competitive towards the end of the season, so I'm looking forward to it. They are already 3-4 seconds quicker than they were last year and a hell of a lot more reliable.

Redbull themselves need to keep up, however. They looked promising, but over the season as Mercedes and Ferrari started applying their new PU upgrades, they began to creep ahead of Redbull in development.

(2016-09-10 18:39)k_badam Wrote:  It looks to me like Ferrari have been dropping pace compared to others in the last couple races, this is what happened to Mercedes in 2013. The way i see it is that Ferrari have given up on this season because they understand that they can't win so they are putting a lot more time into research for next season than for this season.

The pace of Ferrari is not that bad, look at Monza and Spa. They have the Power (not quite Mercedes power), but in typically Ferarri fashion, they cock up with the strats by trying to be unique and creative but fail dramatically. 3 Ultra Soft sets for the entire Monza track which consists of mostly straights? When the Soft tyre is obviously the sweet spot at the moment. Bit daft really. The chassis could also be better as well.

Olli Wrote:
Luke Wrote:new drivers (Max, Vandourrne, Ocon, Saints)

Stoffel Vandoorne and Carlos Sainz Jr.* Wink

Names are not my strong point Wink

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Connor - 2016-09-11 00:04

I'm obviously very sad seeing both Massa and Button retire from F1 ever since watching F1 from a young age (around 2000/2001). Watching all these drivers grow has been a joy to watch and to see them leave is quite heartbreaking, F1 really is losing a lot of talent and what made F1 still so great with all these old drivers carrying on.

But of course, every career has to come to an end eventually, and with all the new prospects in sight, I'm sure we've still got a lot of excitement to look forward to in F1 (and what with F1 possibly being sold and Bernie FINALLY LEAVING), F1's got a lot more doors open for new opportunities. Personally so bloody glad to see that greedy old man (possibly) leaving for good.

Concerning the car discussion, being a Manor fan, I really want to see them continue to improve and score consistent points now (or for next season). I can really us making some progress there! Red Bull is without a doubt still my favourite chassis, has been more a few years now. Being the most 'planted' car out of the whole field, that's what I love about F1 cars rather than going for the lower downforce and more straight line speed. I really want to see Red Bull once again rise to prominence and fight for WDCs. You never know, maybe they'll be able to get a deal with Ferrari in the future seeing as their sister team (Toro Rosso) continue to get Ferrari engines - albeit last year's engines all the time. Tongue

RE: Formula one's some sad Retirement - Epilogue - 2016-09-11 00:26

Ye i know i am hoping too much even know i am a huge fan of vettel,but some times i really hope that the race can be more better,some of them are just boring af,i wake up at 3am just to see f1 and it is a god damn boring race,i could be mad or something,and i support manor too,since the jules bianchi and pascal wehrlein score the points,my next hope is they can get in to the points more times,but sometimes ferrari's strategy kinda make there race win gone a way,i hope their strategy can be more better and stays in front more times.