[TC] Gaming Forums
The !winch, Now useless. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The !winch, Now useless. (/showthread.php?tid=23865)

Pages: 1 2

The !winch, Now useless. - Adorable - 2016-09-13 16:04

- Wait 1min in the pitlane for it to fully recharge.
- Shift+P resets the battery to 0.
- Recharging can ONLY be done in safe zones, recharging should be done when driving, in gas stations and should be faster.
- Say that I got 10 tow calls in 1 hour, that means 1/6 of my time is gone doing nothing but sitting in the pitlane watching the winch recharging itself.

If it's possible to sell the !winch or get a refund that'd be awesome.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Morreboy - 2016-09-13 16:10

Think that the idea by it needs to be recharging is a good idea, because then people cant abuse it and you can tow without winch mate, thats how we done since 2007

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Borja - 2016-09-13 16:17

As how Morre said , its not a mandatory tool. We have been surviving without them. Now , you have a little tool, which is something that you havent.

As Im at -1 for this kind of tool , im -1 to for the suggestion of have it charged faster

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Jacob - 2016-09-13 16:23

If you don´t like the winch tool so much, then don´t use it and do tow work in old way..

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - BP - 2016-09-13 16:28

(2016-09-13 16:23)Jacob Wrote:  If you don´t like the winch tool so much, then don´t use it and do tow work in old way..

In his defense, it can be seen as unfair if he & others have bought something which has now been nerfed. Hopefully we can come to some good solution.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Howlin - 2016-09-13 16:35

Should have just been left alone and people who didn't want to use it should just not use it, qutie simple really.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Adorable - 2016-09-13 16:37

(2016-09-13 16:35)Howlin Wrote:  Should have just been left alone and people who didn't want to use it should just not use it, qutie simple really.

I paid 10k for a tool that can tow atleast 3 peoples before having to recharge it.

And now? Thats not what I paid for, thus a refund / being able to sell the tool or whatever.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Chuck - 2016-09-13 17:13

I sense there is a some immediate anger in that OP which may result in some sort of overreaction...

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Wouter - 2016-09-13 17:54

When i get a call when my winch isn't fully charged, i simply help the car manually. When it is charged for 100% (which i try to reach as much as possible), i'll help the car with using the winch.

So it isn't useless for me.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Brad - 2016-09-13 18:13

Its not useless, its just you have to be a little more tactical in its use. For example, helping certain cars manually if you're able so the winch can be used elsewhere without going back to pits.

Massive overreaction imo.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Tris - 2016-09-13 18:23

If nothing is going to be done to change how the winch works atm you could at least bring the price down and refund what ever amount the price dropped to people who already bought it, or even give an option to sell it. I don't think it's fair to spend 10k on it then have it be changed to be much less useful, if the winch was like that from the start I would have never wasted money on it.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Carl - 2016-09-13 21:45

Doesn't need refunding imo, just trial and error really. No harm in just suggesting things to chuck to improve it.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Dizzle - 2016-09-14 01:21

I thought it was really good when first implemented with the percent used dependent on what car you were towing.

Now it does sound a bit irritating.

Change it back to the system it was using originally but up the percentage used per car a bit maybe?

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Frozen - 2016-09-14 06:01

Why dont simply make it as said (using the old system) each car you help costs you 50% of the charge?

Isn't that easier? Its a bit harsh now.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Ash - 2016-09-14 07:50

In real life a tow truck would usually take the car back to a recovery yard anyway, the update makes it no different than real life lol (so basically going to pits to complete the task in hand).

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - KaraK - 2016-09-14 09:16

I think the system right now is perfect. Perhaps the recharge time could go down with a couple of seconds, but come on, 1 minute is nothing.
Just tow the old-fashioned way when it's not charged, it's not that hard and it's more fun than using a command.

I'll agree with the Shift+P resetting the % to 0 being weird.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Chuck - 2016-09-14 11:01

I have 2 compromises to offer.
1. As Karak said, resetting to 0 after shift+p isn't particularly helpful. The reason why it always starts at 0 was to prevent role-swapping or pitting for a instant charge. But if the battery was full before, I see no reason why it can't be full afterwards.

2. The battery could have an additional permanent, but limited, rate of charge. I.e. 25% of the normal rate. So it would fill up itself in 4 minutes outside a safe-zone. That could even work combined, so if you drive back to a SZ after a job, you could use that time to charge the battery to some extend and the remaining waiting time in the SZ would become somewhat shorter.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Ras - 2016-09-14 11:13

People should see the winch as a last resort if you can't flip a car by normal (old) means, or as a fast way of flipping a car in a dangerous location, rather than seeing it as a tool you gotta use at every single towing mission. Basically save it for when it's really needed.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Borja - 2016-09-14 11:25

(2016-09-14 11:13)Ras Wrote:  People should see the winch as a last resort if you can't flip a car by normal (old) means, or as a fast way of flipping a car in a dangerous location

+1

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - KaraK - 2016-09-14 12:41

(2016-09-14 11:13)Ras Wrote:  People should see the winch as a last resort if you can't flip a car by normal (old) means, or as a fast way of flipping a car in a dangerous location, rather than seeing it as a tool you gotta use at every single towing mission. Basically save it for when it's really needed.

Exactly this.