[TC] Gaming Forums
The !winch, Now useless. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The !winch, Now useless. (/showthread.php?tid=23865)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Yukine - 2016-09-14 13:27

Isn't Ras's reasoning the summary of the winch tool?

The charge process is currently good in my opinion. You could have predicted the fact that the tool would get updates, in a good or bad way, as it's a pretty new (early August iirc).

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Connor - 2016-09-14 20:20

(2016-09-13 18:13)Brad Wrote:  Its not useless, its just you have to be a little more tactical in its use. For example, helping certain cars manually if you're able so the winch can be used elsewhere without going back to pits.

Massive overreaction imo.

This. Maybe the winch, now that it's been nerfed, could go down in value to maybe ~5k instead but you're not obliged to use it. Just go back to the classic way of towing, it's also a lot funner than typing a command in and the job's done, don't you think?

And we can't exactly refund the people who bought the winch for 10k, that would just be impractical and would take far too long.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - BP - 2016-09-14 20:27

Connor Wrote:And we can't exactly refund the people who bought the winch for 10k, that would just be impractical and would take far too long.

Not saying this is going to happen, but I should imagine it'd actually be pretty easy for Chuck or Elmo to do.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Ash - 2016-09-14 21:03

Chuck mentioned in the server earlier he may be making changes.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Chuck - 2016-09-15 05:55

(2016-09-14 20:27)BP Wrote:  
Connor Wrote:And we can't exactly refund the people who bought the winch for 10k, that would just be impractical and would take far too long.

Not saying this is going to happen, but I should imagine it'd actually be pretty easy for Chuck or Elmo to do.

There is some actual work here if everybody separately asks for a refund. It also appears pointless to me since I'm pretty sure all of them will buy it again 2 days later, when they realise that it was a damn pretty tool and towing without it has suddenly become an ugly job.
Furthermore, people are "swimming" in money, so I figure the question for a refund is rather of symbolic nature.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - BP - 2016-09-15 06:40

(2016-09-15 05:55)Chuck Wrote:  
(2016-09-14 20:27)BP Wrote:  

There is some actual work here if everybody separately asks for a refund. It also appears pointless to me since I'm pretty sure all of them will buy it again 2 days later, when they realise that it was a damn pretty tool and towing without it has suddenly become an ugly job.
Furthermore, people are "swimming" in money, so I figure the question for a refund is rather of symbolic nature.

To do it separately, yes, I would imagine that's time consuming.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Adorable - 2016-09-15 11:24

Not sure what you're trying to adress by saying "peoples are swimming in money" If we spend +4hours online a day for about 2 monthes ofcourse you have to be rich, especially if you're playing as a [COP] where the only thing you'll be paying for is a FZ5 and you're guaranteed to bust every suspect since you got an infinit amount of backup, I'll try not to go off-topic and save this for future discussions threads.

What is disappointing is that I bought a tool capable of doing something only to find out few days ago it became useless. (and yes, it is useless, for reasons mentioned in #1 post)

Think of it as: I bought a 300 hp car. few days later its only 120 hp. unfair, because that's not what I paid for at first place and i'd never pay for it if I knew that's going to happen.

Also, Its not time consuming if you make a command: !undo winchpurchase, following the same principle of !sell <car>. could be done in few minutes.

_-=GG=-_ _-=Chuck=-_

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Bez - 2016-09-15 13:14

If it flips cars that are in awkward positions that usual towing cannot accomplish then it's still a useful tool in my eyes.

Stop bitching and whining about it.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Mufflord - 2016-09-15 13:44

This very Op tool should only be used in a situation where its either extremely hard, very dangerous or impossible to tow someone using the old fashioned way. Using this on every tow situation just removes the whole point of being a tow. IMO.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Tingle - 2016-09-15 15:24

What a flipping problem this is proving to be.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Carl - 2016-09-15 15:37

(2016-09-15 15:24)Tingle Wrote:  What a flipping problem this is proving to be.

I see what you did there. Thumbup

I understand what ad was saying about paying for something then for it to only be changed, but the winch came about out of the blue with no discussion beforehand. So, really it was only expected for changes to happen somewhere down the line.

RE: The !winch, Now useless. - Adorable - 2016-09-15 15:47

Nobody mentioned how OP it is, When it should be used, nor how, neither that this OP tool should be removed.

I only asked for a refund because I paid for something and then without being warned it changes where It became a pain to use.

This reply sums it up [
Quote:If nothing is going to be done to change how the winch works atm you could at least bring the price down and refund what ever amount the price dropped to people who already bought it, or even give an option to sell it. I don't think it's fair to spend 10k on it then have it be changed to be much less useful, if the winch was like that from the start I would have never wasted money on it.

All in all, thanks everyone who reacted / shared their opinion, especially Bez. Thumbup1