[TC] Gaming Forums
Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] (/showthread.php?tid=23882)

Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - Ryu - 2016-09-15 17:37

Ive made a docs for viewing of the Warrant system idea i have

The "Repeatable offences" is optional for chases, the main idea of this suggest is the warrant system aswell as making traffic stops be able to be more than one fine ( Wrong way + speeding for example.

View link : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QVRK6_0LVnR2D7FiSYIUjlf2MZ4mi9iqTjqMHJvFusU/edit?usp=sharing

RE: Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - Carl - 2016-09-15 17:40

I think myself and a few others have suggested something similar in the past about being able to stockpile fines, but it always gets turned down as it would make the COPs too rich. It makes investigating harder for the admins too when COPs issue incorrect fines. I would like to have this, but it just won't work in this community in my opinion.

It does complicate the system slightly, especially when your example warrant = 615 which would be similar to a standard chase on the servers anyway. Unless I'm missing the point and you want to charge people higher for being dangerous, and not the duration of the chase.

RE: Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - Jacob - 2016-09-15 18:04

sorry for being rude but stop with all these suggestions of improvements..players who plays here not even one year are trying to change something. Old system works fine, it was fine for long time, dont try make it different. Focus on track imrpvements, not system.

RE: Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - KaraK - 2016-09-15 18:13

(2016-09-15 18:04)Jacob Wrote:  sorry for being rude but stop with all these suggestions of improvements..players who plays here not even one year are trying to change something. Old system works fine, it was fine for long time, dont try make it different. Focus on track imrpvements, not system.

Change is good, it shouldn't be discouraged.
Suggestions should always be welcome, and whether they're good or not will be decided when they're brought up.

RE: Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - Mr.GBR - 2016-09-15 18:35

(2016-09-15 18:04)Jacob Wrote:  sorry for being rude but stop with all these suggestions of improvements..players who plays here not even one year are trying to change something. Old system works fine, it was fine for long time, dont try make it different. Focus on track imrpvements, not system.

Your very much out of order Jacob. This place is pretty much built on suggestions, so you suggesting that suggestions should be discouraged is out of order especially when you point out the fact that some people have not been here a year and therefore they shouldn't be suggesting stuff. It's the 21st Century, people are allowed to suggest stuff however long you have been here.

RE: Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - Ryu - 2016-09-15 18:56

(2016-09-15 17:40)Nismo Wrote:  I think myself and a few others have suggested something similar in the past about being able to stockpile fines, but it always gets turned down as it would make the COPs too rich. It makes investigating harder for the admins too when COPs issue incorrect fines. I would like to have this, but it just won't work in this community in my opinion.

It does complicate the system slightly, especially when your example warrant = 615 which would be similar to a standard chase on the servers anyway. Unless I'm missing the point and you want to charge people higher for being dangerous, and not the duration of the chase.

In some ways yes, the addition to stack certain things in a chase to a cap, like wrong way and causing an accident, but this is an Optional change.

The main idea of this is a revamp to make it to where you do not need to be pulled over for everything you do at that moment, you lase them as they are doing something ( maybe? ) and add a warrant for their arrest, with any fine ( in the fine list) that you witnessed, and then if anyone besides you pulls them over, the fine would be split, something along that nature..

Example : Arab drifter - Wrong way - Careless Driving/Dangerous Driving = Fine Amount

I find that this could possibly make copping more tactical as cops can work together other than just speed-trapping the laser way, and chases. With the addition of this the fines would be possibly lowered/adjusted to the Balance of how things would be as if the system wouldn't have changes, this isnt a suggestion about changing the amount of fine prices to favor cops Tongue We make enough as it is~

As far as the false fining, its as simple as being an honest cop, with the current system we have cops atleast have to have some "responsibility" with the range of fines that you can give, we do have a fine comp' section as well, I'm sure as long as it's watched the first few weeks ( if implemented ) it should slide in if made well.

(2016-09-15 18:04)Jacob Wrote:  sorry for being rude but stop with all these suggestions of improvements..players who plays here not even one year are trying to change something. Old system works fine, it was fine for long time, dont try make it different. Focus on track improvements, not system.

I understand your point of view, but understand some "newer players" take more effort in these than others, all of my suggestions, unless urgent, I take through a well known / year + TC Citydriving player , or a TC Member, for example this suggestion I took to [TC]›Blacktop‹ [ BT if you see this feel free to confirm this ] as I wrote this document whilst he was online, and i asked him to once it over.

This was about 2 weeks ago, but no less I make sure a well known player approves/wants to see others opinions before I just "post it".

RE: Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - Epilogue - 2016-09-15 23:47

I really think this a good idea! even know i am too lazy didn't watch it all,but i do agree most of the new ideas,it can make better copping system imo

RE: Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - Raphi - 2016-09-16 18:34

Useful when I see a guy doing breaking a lot of traffic rules such as Speeding, dangerous driving an de so on. However this could be overused if cops are a bit too harsh with robbers

RE: Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - Ryu - 2016-09-16 19:24

(2016-09-16 18:34)Raphi Wrote:  Useful when I see a guy doing breaking a lot of traffic rules such as Speeding, dangerous driving an de so on. However this could be overused if cops are a bit too harsh with robbers

True, but caps and limitations can be put ( like max of 3 fines ) or make it to where certain fines blacklist others ( Dangerous driving is literally the same as careless driving, just peoples lives are endangered ) for example.

RE: Fine Revamp [ Warrant System ] - Raphi - 2016-09-16 21:06

(2016-09-16 19:24)eregonv1 Wrote:  True, but caps and limitations can be put ( like max of 3 fines ) or make it to where certain fines blacklist others ( Dangerous driving is literally the same as careless driving, just peoples lives are endangered ) for example.
Then it isn't the same Tongue
I think this would be a +1, however it need some tweaks to work.