[TC] Gaming Forums
RToR (turn right on red) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: RToR (turn right on red) (/showthread.php?tid=23917)

Pages: 1 2

RToR (turn right on red) - Gen15Lien - 2016-09-21 18:56

Right Turn on Red.

While the Traffic Lights manual page does say:
[Image: 2f76e9a385954f0a98a40795e2015f56.png]

It does not mention anything about Turning Right on Red(or left on red for that matter). Turning on red does not always require entering the junction. I believe the following line should be added to the page:
[Image: 3ea416f4a3c448be9bddb96ce2f1f05b.png]

This will help clear up some confusion on Traffic Lights.

Thank you for reading this suggestion. Please -1 if you disagree or +1 if you agree. I'd also like to hear your reasons for said disagreement/agreement.

Edit: Clearly since no one can read, I'll say it one last time. I AM ASKING for a LINE to be ADDED to the MANUAL. I am not asking to allow turning on red. I am not saying that turning on red should be put in the rules. I am only asking for a line to tell the players that turning on red at all is not allowed. Even if you don't have to enter the junction. PLEASE just read the post next time.

Edit2: A demonstration of a case where Turning on Red would be allowed.
[Image: W3hjFGo.png]

RE: RToR - Yukine - 2016-09-21 19:04

I find it quite explicit, personally.
"Stop" doesn't have multiple meanings.

RE: RToR - Dino - 2016-09-21 19:09

Huh? What?

Red traffic light = stop. Don't turn right, don't turn left, don't go straight.

At least in germany you must not turn right on a red traffic light UNLESS there is a special sign (green arrow to the right).

RE: RToR - Paulius - 2016-09-21 19:16

Its kinda good idea if you could turn ONLY right when red light. Because it would clear one lane wich is extremely helpfull in chases(you could pass witouth crashing into others or going around trough grass)

RE: RToR - Yukine - 2016-09-21 19:35

In my opinion, mixing American and European rules will only bring confusion.

RE: RToR - Borja - 2016-09-21 20:08

There is no rush in anything, wait for it go into green.

RE: RToR - Gen15Lien - 2016-09-21 20:33

Looking at the above posts, most of you did not read the thread correctly. The rule says that you must not enter the junction on red. You DO NOT have to enter the junction in all cases to turn. That's what I'm saying.

It is not mixing European and American laws together. It's illegal in most(haven't checked if all) countries in the EU to turn on Red. However, most of them have dedicated turn lanes with their own lane to go into, as does the U.S. and Canada. Therefore, they do not enter the junction to turn on red, even though their direction of traffic does have a red.

The laws are identical in both parts of the world. The only difference being that it is either allowed or disallowed to do. Please re-read the thread if you made any of the assumptions I just pointed out.

(2016-09-21 19:04)Yukine Wrote:  I find it quite explicit, personally.
"Stop" doesn't have multiple meanings.

You're right. Stop only has one meaning.

Google Wrote:a cessation of movement or operation

In simple terms, do not move. It doesn't say you have to stay non-moving. It just says to stop. Which means that anything after the fact can happen(such as continuing to move). The rest of that rule says "you must not enter the junction". As I said above, you do not have to enter the junction to turn in some cases.

RE: RToR - Warrie - 2016-09-21 20:36

(2016-09-21 19:09)Dino Wrote:  Huh? What?

Red traffic light = stop. Don't turn right, don't turn left, don't go straight.

At least in germany you must not turn right on a red traffic light UNLESS there is a special sign (green arrow to the right).

Same case here in Poland. Many (almost all) traffic lights usually have a green arrow next to the green light so that you can turn right if it's still red (if safe).

RE: RToR - Carl - 2016-09-21 20:48

It's a mainly a European server and although I do believe turning right on red does exist somewhere in Europe, it's very rare and it's easier for people to understand that red = stop, green = go.

RE: RToR - Huski - 2016-09-21 21:31

Literally
Red stop
Green go
Its a basic system which wouldn't benefit from change IMO. Though I'm sure waiting 10 seconds out of your glorious lifestyle will not be too hard nor taxing.

RE: RToR - Tris - 2016-09-21 21:50

The post is not about being about being able to turn right or left on red it is about a extra line to the rules being added, a few people seem to be missing that.

RE: RToR - Gen15Lien - 2016-09-21 22:15

(2016-09-21 21:31)Furry Wrote:  Literally
Red stop
Green go
Its a basic system which wouldn't benefit from change IMO. Though I'm sure waiting 10 seconds out of your glorious lifestyle will not be too hard nor taxing.

You only read the first line, didn't you? I have no problem with waiting 10 seconds for the light(it isn't even 10 seconds). I just see people getting pulled over for stopping and then turning. All I'm asking is for a single line to be added to the manual. I am not asking for anything to change with the in-game system.

RE: RToR - Dizzle - 2016-09-22 00:53

Red = Stop
Green = Go

I am American but we decided to have it this way to eliminate confusion.

I say again, Red = Stop Green = Go. Period. /end

-Dizzle

RE: RToR - Chuck - 2016-09-22 05:50

(2016-09-21 18:56)Gen15Lien Wrote:  ...It does not mention anything about Turning Right on Red(or left on red for that matter). Turning on red does not always require entering the junction. ...

I already disagree here. How do you manage to turn if your're not permitted to enter the junction?

[Image: Ukzi2Cf.jpg]

However, thanks for reading. Not everybody did:
http://www.city-driving.co.uk/manual/traffic_lights

RE: RToR (turn right on red) - Gen15Lien - 2016-09-22 06:12

(2016-09-22 05:50)Chuck Wrote:  
(2016-09-21 18:56)Gen15Lien Wrote:  ...It does not mention anything about Turning Right on Red(or left on red for that matter). Turning on red does not always require entering the junction. ...

I already disagree here. How do you manage to turn if your're not permitted to enter the junction?

-removed as no need for it to be shown twice

However, thanks for reading. Not everybody did:
http://www.city-driving.co.uk/manual/traffic_lights

Updated my first post. There's also an image I made somewhere showing the bounds of the junction for one of City-Driving's maps, but I could not find it. Anyway, as a defined junction on said map, you didn't even have to enter the junction to go left. It was one of those "not too thought out" layout designs. It might have changed since then.

RE: RToR (turn right on red) - Barney - 2016-09-22 06:59

Dont get mad at ppl for "not reading" your post. You just have a weird definition of a "junction". The junction starts when you pass the red light/the yield line. Pls show us one single example where this isn't the case. Apart from that its just common sense to not drive past a red light. An TC being european, we have the lights infront of junctions.
Your image doesnt really make sense. We dont have that sort of junctions. The yield line and lights would be infront of the "junction". But even in your case, you would need to pass a yield line or pass a red light, wich is equivalent to entering the junction. If theres a seperate turning lane, and a seperate lane in thee "next" street, like you showed, there would most likely be no yield line, and the traffic light left of the rightturnlane. Then you could turn right... but again, no additional ruling needed.

Red light = dont enter the junction = stop = dont pass the yield line = dont pass the traffic light.

Its fine as it is.

RE: RToR (turn right on red) - Frozen - 2016-09-22 10:46

I dont see the point of this, lets keep the rules to the global way (as it works in most countries) which is Red = Stop , Green = GO.

I think its not quite easy to understand as it is now, adding extra rules will just confuse people even more.

RE: RToR (turn right on red) - KaraK - 2016-09-22 10:56

I can see why the text might get confusing for some people. However, for most it is clear enough.
Maybe changing the text to "Stop and wait for the light to turn green" might be clearer? But then again that should really be common sense.
There is nothing mentioned about turning on red, so it should be assumed it is not allowed. Turning is mentioned in the part about the green light.

RE: RToR (turn right on red) - MousemanLV - 2016-09-22 11:18

turning on red in EU? hmm wut. In that case you got a green light showing the direction and from which lane it can be executed. Other then that, naaaah.

RE: RToR (turn right on red) - Paulius - 2016-09-22 11:38

(2016-09-22 11:18)MousemanLV Wrote:  turning on red in EU? hmm wut. In that case you got a green light showing the direction and from which lane it can be executed. Other then that, naaaah.
Thats how traffic lights works in EU:
[Image: gen5.gif]
Extra sector near red light usually turns on/off green to let people go, or sometimes simple plastic label when you can always go right before sttopping STOP line.