[TC] Gaming Forums
Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? (/showthread.php?tid=23958)

Pages: 1 2

Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Ras - 2016-09-26 16:25

Just wondering what you guys prefer regarding the WE CityDriving racetrack layout. One way system or the current two way? We have had both as you might remember. Please leave a vote in the poll, thanks Smile

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - KaraK - 2016-09-26 16:26

Note to self: Do not forget to add poll when creating poll.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - BP - 2016-09-26 16:27

(2016-09-26 16:26)KaraK Wrote:  Note to self: Do not forget to add poll when creating poll.

Note to KaraK: Remember that it is physically impossible to post the thread and the poll at the same time.

I kind of prefer it as it is now, but I know it leaves us short on objects. Maybe the layout on the track could just be simplified I bit, I don't know.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Ras - 2016-09-26 16:28

Poll is there now. You have to post the thread first Wink

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - KooKoo - 2016-09-26 16:30

I think we should just close the race track.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Chuck - 2016-09-26 16:58

If I may bring in here some views:

The racetrack part, now, is a totally abandoned area that uses up an insane number of objects, that could be used otherwise much better, ie for bridges in the right places or other ideas.

I'd vote to make it one-way again (2-way in the center part), to allow not only fast travelling from A to B, but also let people to take a (legally) fast drive.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Ash - 2016-09-26 17:14

(2016-09-26 16:58)Chuck Wrote:  If I may bring in here some views:

The racetrack part, now, is a totally abandoned area that uses up an insane number of objects, that could be used otherwise much better, ie for bridges in the right places or other ideas.

I'd vote to make it one-way again (2-way in the center part), to allow not only fast travelling from A to B, but also let people to take a (legally) fast drive.

More objects for Ash's roadworks you mean?

All jokes aside, I agree with Chuck Biggrin

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Adam - 2016-09-26 17:22

put it back to how it was, no objects and one way!

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Sebas - 2016-09-26 17:39

I would prefer a 2-way style as it is right now because it gives us the option to race the track any way we want but if that gets in the way of having better constructions elsewhere, i'd say that we can go back to 1-way.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Carl - 2016-09-26 17:46

I'd personally like to see a system where you would be charged to enter the race track and people could host track events etc. Tongue

I personally don't mind what changes about the WE track, but I will be voting on one-way.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Borja - 2016-09-26 18:01

Well, as we're runing on a cruise and not on race server, 2 way, but simplificate the layout, using less objects on it

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - KaraK - 2016-09-26 18:06

(2016-09-26 16:27)BP Wrote:  Note to KaraK: Remember that it is physically impossible to post the thread and the poll at the same time.

(2016-09-26 16:28)Ras Wrote:  Poll is there now. You have to post the thread first Wink

My apologies, I was unaware.

I have no real opinion on this, I barely ever drive the race track.
Looking at the arguments about the objects, I'd go with 1-way.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Tris - 2016-09-26 18:14

I personally would not mind it going to 1-way, especially if it means having more objects free for other things.

(2016-09-26 17:46)Nismo Wrote:  I'd personally like to see a system where you would be charged to enter the race track and people could host track events etc. Tongue

This sounds like a pretty good idea. +1

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Thomas - 2016-09-26 18:53

I have voted for a one way race track. As Chuck said it's abandoned and stuffed with objects that could be used for cool projects elsewhere on the map.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Angel - 2016-09-26 19:19

Well, i liked it more when it released and there were no speedlimits, apexes, barriers and things like that, oh yeah and it was 1-way only so it also gave u a trackday feeling when u were driving on it. As it has been mentioned above it is dead, rarely go anyone there (Only when Gumball was on) so it is waste of objects. Also it would be cool to have higher speed limits so we really could think that we are driving on a race track rather than on a fast part of the city while we are loosing alot of money. 120/160/200 would be better depends of the lenght of the actual part of the track.
What if a chase comes here and the suspect goes wrong way? Am i allowed to follow or i should tell him/her to turn around otherwise he/she will be punished for it.?
Also an auto force to spectators system would be cool (like on South City) so we could avoid having troubles for wrongsiding.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Chuck - 2016-09-26 20:17

(2016-09-26 19:19)Angel Wrote:  ...
What if a chase comes here and the suspect goes wrong way? Am i allowed to follow or i should tell him/her to turn around otherwise he/she will be punished for it.?
Also an auto force to spectators system would be cool (like on South City) so we could avoid having troubles for wrongsiding.

We had all that, and it's still there. We have special wrong-way checkers with prior warnings. So the offender gets a distinct warning before getting spec'ed.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Angel - 2016-09-26 20:30

I know that it had that, im just saying that if we would bring 1-way driving only back then we could use it again so it would avoid cops from loosing their chases because of that.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Nick - 2016-09-26 21:47

I'd actually like to see chases barred from the race track if we were to move to a one way system.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Tris - 2016-09-26 22:27

(2016-09-26 21:47)Nick Wrote:  I'd actually like to see chases barred from the race track if we were to move to a one way system.

I agree with this also, was thinking of the same thing but you beat me to it.

RE: Weston Park racetrack 2-way or 1-way? - Renegade - 2016-09-26 23:05

I vote for the track to stay the way it is. In my opinion, this is TC City Driving, not TC Track Day. The rest of the racetracks are 2 ways, Westhill is more than wide enough and it flows nicely.