[TC] Gaming Forums
Controller wont work on Patch N - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+--- Thread: Controller wont work on Patch N (/showthread.php?tid=23995)

Controller wont work on Patch N - fjewt - 2016-09-30 17:27

Hello!

So i installed everything so i can be a MED/RES. and for some reasons the controller wont work, it worked on the Q patch. what a i find that is the gas and break that dont work cause its on the same axis, i think changed it but still didnt work. and most be weirdest part is that the sirens go off when i turn the car, turn of the car, ON the buttons that is binded. Would be cool with some help, i hope u understand my problem if not ask! Heart

RE: Controller wont work on Patch N - Pete - 2016-09-30 17:30

We are on patch Q, try updating then report back.

RE: Controller wont work on Patch N - Chuck - 2016-09-30 17:30

Am I missing something? Why don't you install the Q patch then?

RE: Controller wont work on Patch N - fjewt - 2016-09-30 17:31

cause the TClights dont work on that patch or am i missing something?

RE: Controller wont work on Patch N - Pete - 2016-09-30 17:33

It will not work on any patch before patch N. It will work on all newer patches

Did you recently install the Windows 10 anniversary update? Also, what controller do you have?

If updating LFS does not help and you did recently install the Windows 10 anniversary update, reinstall your controller's driver.

RE: Controller wont work on Patch N - fjewt - 2016-09-30 17:41

I have a 360 afterglow! i just installed Q patch now TCLights works, and no i havent updated windows for like 2 weeks, i am on win10 i am gonna see if can reintall my controller drivers!

Now i get almost everthing sorted but, its reving on its on, and i dont see any binds being used either

RE: Controller wont work on Patch N - Pete - 2016-09-30 17:55

Before you do that (or after if I'm too late with this comment), go to LFS > Options > Controls. Where it says 'thr/brk combined', choose separate. You can then bind them in the axes/ff tab.

RE: Controller wont work on Patch N - fjewt - 2016-09-30 18:09

they are on Separate, but when u have controls tab open it the bottom right i can see that the gas is press or something hard to explain, and i cant put gas a break on diffrent axis

RE: Controller wont work on Patch N - Pete - 2016-09-30 23:50

I actually seem to remember that Xbox controllers cannot have separate brake and gas axes. They are combined and cannot be separated. Not sure why I didn't remember this. There's not much you can do I don't think.

RE: Controller wont work on Patch N - Ph4nToM - 2016-10-01 00:58

You can set them to combined and it will work but once you press both the gas and brake at the same time they cancel each other out.

RE: Controller wont work on Patch N - Chuck - 2016-10-01 05:18

(2016-09-30 23:50)Pete Wrote:  I actually seem to remember that Xbox controllers cannot have separate brake and gas axes. They are combined and cannot be separated. Not sure why I didn't remember this. There's not much you can do I don't think.

Yes, the normal drivers treat the shoulder axes for gas/brake as one combined axis.
However, the controller does indeed support separated axes but I think the game must access it by dedicated xbox controller drivers.
GTA5 for instance can handle both axes separately and I know Just Cause 2 does that as well.