[TC] Gaming Forums
Fake Cop Test - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Fake Cop Test (/showthread.php?tid=24065)

Fake Cop Test - RossLevine - 2016-10-07 09:34

I've come up with a good idea?

Say if members of TC Community have failed their cop test. There should be a way for them to do a practice test on a site. So it does not affect anything, it gives them a chance to re-try the test but not a real test?

RE: Fake Cop Test - Dracula - 2016-10-07 09:34

+1

RE: Fake Cop Test - Bez - 2016-10-07 09:56

It's passable in one go if you have your head screwed on. Who would need to practice for something so simple?!

RE: Fake Cop Test - Tris - 2016-10-07 09:59

Sounds like an interesting idea, +1

RE: Fake Cop Test - Borja - 2016-10-07 10:06

There is nothing to test.

You should do in once try cause should know everything, but apart, you can have rules/manual/guide open. Do you really need anything else?

RE: Fake Cop Test - Frozen - 2016-10-07 10:11

You can already open the rules page and manuals while doing the exam. You literally got the answers infront of you, all you have to do is click them. And if after that you fail then what you really have to reconsider is to re-read the rules and manual or use the search function of your browser better Wink

RE: Fake Cop Test - Nick - 2016-10-07 10:37

Practice tests should be 2k.

RE: Fake Cop Test - Pete - 2016-10-07 10:49

The whole point of the tests is to ensure that people have understood at least some of the rules, we do not lose anything by letting people practice, they will still need to use the rules as a reference.

I like the idea, on one condition. We limit the starting of a practice test to once every few hours.

RE: Fake Cop Test - Pipa - 2016-10-07 17:49

Since questions and answer are limited, there is always the possibility that somebody eventually manages to compile a list with every answer and question. This is already a possibility, but the long cooldown and cost don't make this a very viable option.

If you allow people to practice then this will change that. Id say practice by reading the rules, manual and guides. Test is fairly easy and if you can't pass it then you might not be ready for it.

Usually TC's or members of the community are also helpful if you have problem with the language on one or two questions. Keep it as it is.

RE: Fake Cop Test - Luke - 2016-10-07 17:58

Is this for practical cop tests (during training) or the actual cop exam? We're all for giving people the best possible service and opportunity to cop. But the current system really isn't that difficult, surely?

Not a bad idea in either case.

RE: Fake Cop Test - Carl - 2016-10-07 18:19

I disagree with practice tests for the cop licence. The reason being is that all the answers are handed to you, there is no need to practice. Just read the rules/police guide and other manuals to find the answers. I can assure you all the answers are somewhere to be found. Not to mention you are not being timed either.

You then put what you've learned from the guides into practice by taking basic training.

If you feel that there is something missing in the guide/rule documents i'm sure you can flag it up with TC.

RE: Fake Cop Test - Kyle - 2016-10-07 18:21

(2016-10-07 17:49)Pipa Wrote:  Since questions and answer are limited, there is always the possibility that somebody eventually manages to compile a list with every answer and question. This is already a possibility, but the long cooldown and cost don't make this a very viable option.

Basically Pipa summed up an issue with this.

Althought it's a good idea

+1

RE: Fake Cop Test - Yukine - 2016-10-07 18:31

To be honest, you already got every "keys" to pass it (manual, etc).

RE: Fake Cop Test - Chuck - 2016-10-08 07:33

I have re-worked some of the questions (for the cop test) to make them more clear.

>>> Also, all TC admins can review each single test and can discuss the mistakes you've made. So you don't need to guess what you did wrong.

I occasionally review those tests of people who cry about them the loudest and what can I say? They often fail on such simple questions like "which colours are allowed to use for cop tag" or "do tows require a tow skin". I mean, come on!

RE: Fake Cop Test - Blacktop - 2016-10-08 11:58

A practice round for an open book exam, though? I'm not entirely sure.

RE: Fake Cop Test - Wouter - 2016-10-08 13:02

On school (in The Netherlands), you make test-exams a couple of months before the real exams. But the difference is that the questions on the exams are many times very practically and the questions in the schoolbooks many times theoretically. It's good to merge that and train your skills.
Here is the theory also practical, so the most people don't need a test-exam before the real exam. Learning fron reproduction (reading and filling in options) is always better than simply reading (you'll remember it better), but that isn't neccessary here i think, because you can use the (pretty practically-theory) rules while doing the test (and while playing, but not in chase).
I hope everyone understands me.

+/-0, because it's not really necessary.

RE: Fake Cop Test - Elgen - 2016-10-10 11:55

For those who failed, they should read the rules carefully,

Anyway it is a good option to make a test.

But my answer is: just read the rules & guide slowly and you will pass.