[TC] Gaming Forums
[COP] See suspects previous tickets... - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [COP] See suspects previous tickets... (/showthread.php?tid=24187)

[COP] See suspects previous tickets... - DatBoiMonster - 2016-10-18 23:56

When i pull someone over i usually think "hmm, i wonder if he will do this again. Or if he has before." but I knew my thoughts could never be used against him or her.

I think it would be cool to click a menu when you are choosing a ticket (maybe put it between the confirm ticket and !lost selection after choosing the ticket). Seeing what a suspect has done the past 30 days (or even make it what he has been fined on the server until he leaves and make it reset) would make it easier to choose an amount to charge him or her that you pulled over.

Good idea or no?

RE: [COP] See suspects previous tickets... - Tingle - 2016-10-19 00:58

I quite like the idea, although one potential downfall is cops may just use it as an excuse to abuse the high fine (e.g. because a suspect drifted 6 days ago and it's now a repeated offence, hence, they issue a high fine because of this). On the other hand, if it was reset each time they leave the server, suspects may just disconnect and reconnect to clear their history.

My suggestion is it only displays their history for the past 48 hours (irrespective of any disconnects in this period).

+1

RE: [COP] See suspects previous tickets... - Borja - 2016-10-19 05:25

(2016-10-19 00:58)Tingle Wrote:  My suggestion is it only displays their history for the past 48 hours (irrespective of any disconnects in this period).

+1

RE: [COP] See suspects previous tickets... - Dracula - 2016-10-19 08:13

I understand your suggestion may be more towards the in-game InSim side of things, but just in case you forgot, we have a recent tickets page online as well.

http://insim.city-driving.co.uk/stats.php?type=last_tickets

You could use this to your own discretion if you wished to.

RE: [COP] See suspects previous tickets... - Borja - 2016-10-19 12:01

We had also created by few user a google spreadsheet where them post the tikets also

Note that its out-dated:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/114fp-szJndp68M2KR5lRBDjaP7qgHi9OyExOTdyNw7M/htmlview

RE: [COP] See suspects previous tickets... - DatBoiMonster - 2016-10-22 02:01

(2016-10-19 08:13)Dracula Wrote:  I understand your suggestion may be more towards the in-game InSim side of things, but just in case you forgot, we have a recent tickets page online as well.

http://insim.city-driving.co.uk/stats.php?type=last_tickets

You could use this to your own discretion if you wished to.

I just think i'd be easier to see the past 48 hours of tickets, and the cops that use it JUST to high fine are using it in the wrong way, it's to see if you really should give him a warning, or if he really deserves the medium/high fine

RE: [COP] See suspects previous tickets... - Quattro10V - 2016-12-23 11:02

(2016-10-19 00:58)Tingle Wrote:  I quite like the idea, although one potential downfall is cops may just use it as an excuse to abuse the high fine (e.g. because a suspect drifted 6 days ago and it's now a repeated offence, hence, they issue a high fine because of this). On the other hand, if it was reset each time they leave the server, suspects may just disconnect and reconnect to clear their history.

My suggestion is it only displays their history for the past 48 hours (irrespective of any disconnects in this period).

+1

+1 for this

RE: [COP] See suspects previous tickets... - Huski - 2016-12-23 16:28

I agree with the excuse of money hungry cops using it as an excuse to buff their earnings on a pull over. Though if this was to be implemented I'd either say have it on an either 12, 24 or 48hour interval, since then it can be cleared and the people who only want money can be kept at bay. Biggrin

I give it a +0.5