[TC] Gaming Forums
Appropriate force - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Appropriate force (/showthread.php?tid=24226)

Appropriate force - dendc - 2016-10-21 18:12

Lately, i'm having some issues with excessive force, which have put me off the game (after having such a chase where you are being trashed to pieces, i mostly just quit lfs). Problem is that whilst for me the force issued is excessive, it aint ramming. But i favour the small cars (UF1, XFG), and whilst using a normal pit-manouvre with a FZ5 against a XRT hardly put a dent in it, using the same manouvre against my UF1 litteraly throws it of its wheels. And whilst that way it is easy to catch a suspect (pit until it's damaged enough, then ask backup and box it in), it totally takes away the fair chance you should have to evade, and imo goes against the meaning of the game.

So my question; is there in any way a sort of rule about this, or should i try to get a sort of tank set for my cars?

RE: Appropriate force - Brad - 2016-10-21 18:22

The rule is:

Rule 5.4 - Force / Physical Contact Wrote:Any force used must be calculated and tactical. The direct impact of intentional contact should cause very minor or ideally no damage to either car. Ramming is forbidden.

So, the interpretation of that is that any force should be appropriate (e.g. as you mentioned it takes wildly different levels of force to cause damage on an FZ5 vs UF1).

It obviously doesn't turn-back-time or resolve the issue immediately, but reporting cops who use excessive force is the suggested option. If cops do a questionable move and get away with it, they're more likely to deem that acceptable and do it again, which just causes a general deterioration of driving skill & judgement over time.

RE: Appropriate force - Otava - 2016-10-21 18:41

I was the one chasing him. What causes the problem is weight difference, which I can not change in any way. I looked back at the chase and watched all of it. Hardest hit I could find in suspension damage at the direct hit was this: (from zero to that)
[Image: 2af0713632376fb42b4b3a69375bd981.png]

RE: Appropriate force - Brad - 2016-10-21 18:54

I'm not necessarily saying anyone is in the wrong, just that if someone is in a chase and they feel the force used was excessive, then they can / should post a report and at least then an independent 3rd set of eyes can cast their opinion.