[TC] Gaming Forums
Passwording skins - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Passwording skins (/showthread.php?tid=24246)

Passwording skins - RipstiE - 2016-10-23 12:38

Is it possible to somehow password skins, so if the person want to use my skin, he has to know password for it? It'd be very nice due to kids that refuse change from our team skin to any other. The skin files are not published and links for them are only in our team chat. The problem is when someone joins server with that skin, it automatically downloads to the local skins_x folder on kid's computer, so he can use it however he wants, even if there's no link for it on forums.

RE: Passwording skins - BP - 2016-10-23 12:40

Don't think so, but if someone's using your skin and you can prove this, tell a [TC] Member, because it's disrespectful to use people's skins without permission, so we should deal with it.

RE: Passwording skins - RipstiE - 2016-10-23 12:55

(2016-10-23 12:40)BP Wrote:  Don't think so, but if someone's using your skin and you can prove this, tell a [TC] Member, because it's disrespectful to use people's skins without permission, so we should deal with it.

There was no TC member online then it happend. I told him a lot of times to change it due it's our team skin and he's not allowed to use it, but he didn't asnwer. After a few mins instantly telling him to change it he asked why. I told hiim again the reason and he just disconnected. I'm still ingame with that replay, so if you want i can upload it.

RE: Passwording skins - Kyle - 2016-10-24 06:42

I've also got a replay if needed as well.

RE: Passwording skins - Dracula - 2016-10-24 07:15

Feel free to upload it, I'll be happy to deal with this for you. :]

RE: Passwording skins - BP - 2016-10-24 07:23

He's already made a report: http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=24248

RE: Passwording skins - Dracula - 2016-10-24 07:40

@RipstiE - http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=24248

RE: Passwording skins - RipstiE - 2016-10-24 11:09

Thanks for your support guys!

RE: Passwording skins - Borja - 2016-10-24 12:04

Hello,

Well, I want to ask: Which is the rule that people broken about skins, and the one that you admins are based on for apply a warning?

I do alot of skins for ppl, and saw how lot of guys use it without any permission from my side. This issue happen to every (or most) Skinners.
What I'm requesting, its that a rule should be written for those guys who ignore the owner of the skin or don't want to remove it as there's nothing written about it.

This kind of rule will not be necessary if everyone respect others work, but, in this world you can found this kind of ppl.

Thanks,
Borja.

RE: Passwording skins - Dracula - 2016-10-24 12:48

At one stage there was suggestion of an explicit rule but it was decided (at the time, anyway) that this sort of behavior falls very close to a Rule 1.1 breach, so that's how it's nearly always treated.