[TC] Gaming Forums
Ingame car buying system - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Ingame car buying system (/showthread.php?tid=24583)

Ingame car buying system - gigawert - 2016-12-02 14:59

It would be cool to have an ingame car market that draws from the online database. You just drive in, select the model you want to buy, then it shows you a list of all the used cars available for it.

BUT, since [TC] is a "Cops and ROBBERS" server, then we could add car stealing in. You would drive in as a robber, and click a button that says "Steal a car". This would pick a random car from the market under 10 % condition and put it in their inventory if they have room. Regardless of whether they had room or not, they would be wanted by the [COP]s. All cops logging on or changing their name to [COP] or [VCU] would be shown a message on screen saying "Robbers on the run. Click to view details". (Robbers stay on the list indefinitely until they are busted by any cop) When they click it, it would show a list of all robbers, with the online ones at the top. They would then find them and chase them using !chaserobber. That command would only work if they were on the list of robbers. The chase would immediately be in the second stage, the "failed to stop" stage in normal chases. If they get busted, their fine would be 4x as high than normal chases (so if they get busted early on, the lower suggested fine would be 1200 instead of 300) and the stolen car would be returned to the market.

Of course, if you don't want cops flooded with robbers to chase, you could limit the amount of robberies to once an hour or once every two hours.

I typed a lot but I think it would fit the server description of "Cops and robbers" a bit better, and this would add some variety.

RE: Ingame car buying system - Huski - 2016-12-02 15:20

A stealing car system could be good if implemented good, if its just a 100% chance of stealing it then people will just keep stealing cars and if the fine isnt high enough I don't think cops would bother too much with it.

If there was a small chance of taking a car but no fine, it'd just be spam stealing until you get the car you'd like

If there's a high fine and small chance of stealing a car then it'd be the risk.

The thing that'd be worrying about this from face value would be if cars were too easy to steal, since in AUS time there aren't too many cops on so there'd probably be more stolen cars out then Camden

RE: Ingame car buying system - kxait - 2016-12-02 17:32

I think the renting system is just fine.

RE: Ingame car buying system - Adorable - 2016-12-02 18:02

More chases, more things to do. Why not!

RE: Ingame car buying system - Carl - 2016-12-02 18:11

Would be a cool feature to have if an ANPR camera existed for COPs, but because there isn't I'm going -1 for this.

Also WKD have it, keep it unique Smile

RE: Ingame car buying system - Adorable - 2016-12-02 18:30

(2016-12-02 18:11)Nismo Wrote:  Also WKD have it, keep it unique Smile

Didn't know that WKD still even exists Rolleyes

RE: Ingame car buying system - guxjim - 2016-12-02 20:49

I think its a good idea but i would change the time on the list for example:20 mins and the comand
I think the comand will be good with just !chaser (only because its sorter)
+1

RE: Ingame car buying system - Banana4Life - 2016-12-02 20:57

I like this idea, no idea how would be done to keep it from being op

RE: Ingame car buying system - Borja - 2016-12-02 22:22

(2016-12-02 18:11)Nismo Wrote:  Also WKD have it, keep it unique Smile

Lot of years that I dont play on WKD, but, the last one I was in, the WKD system was diferent, there you steal money that you have saved, and the suggestion its stealing cars.

Seems interesting for me.

Also, about having shop in insim, dosen't sounds well to me as this will hard for new users to understand a "hard" or "complex" insim.

RE: Ingame car buying system - RusTic - 2016-12-02 22:49

I really like this Idea.

But !!!

1. Small chance to Steal a car (Like 30% chance to success), and all [COP] or [VCU] get a message that a car has been stolen, and they have 3 Min time to start a chase on the robber.
2. If car steal Failed, all [COP] or [VCU] on the server getting a message and they have 3 Min time to start a chase on the robber.
3. Robber have to wait, and stay on that place for 1 Min to Steal the car.
4. You can steal a car every 6 Hour
5. The police are not allowed to camp this place. (Same applies to robbers)
6. Different places to Steal a car
7. Random cars with 10% Condition

Here some of my ideas Smile

RE: Ingame car buying system - Huski - 2016-12-04 21:19

One more critisism I'd have is limit this to KM/s or Playtime because people just joining might spam-steal cars because they have nothing to loose.

RE: Ingame car buying system - gigawert - 2016-12-04 23:54

(2016-12-04 21:19)Furry Wrote:  One more critisism I'd have is limit this to KM/s or Playtime because people just joining might spam-steal cars because they have nothing to loose.

I mentioned before that all cops would be notified of all robbers until they are busted, even if the robber stole a car a long time ago.

RE: Ingame car buying system - Pete - 2016-12-05 16:13

These ideas definitely have potential. Nice suggestions.

RE: Ingame car buying system - gigawert - 2016-12-06 04:38

(2016-12-05 16:13)Pete Wrote:  These ideas definitely have potential. Nice suggestions.
Thanks Biggrin