[TC] Gaming Forums
Apology - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Apology (/showthread.php?tid=24767)

Apology - Engine - 2016-12-16 08:35

I'm sorry guys for the way my attitude has been of lately.. there'll be some of you who will still have a go at me either way and fine, I don't care. When someone starts arguing with me my natural instinct is to just argue back and then I start getting worked up and it leaks to be insulting. I'm sure I've already racked up a hell of a rap sheet for it too. I don't come to TC to cause shit on purpose. My intention is to drive and try and have fun but when you get people coming up and hitting you, not using their eyes and then blame YOU for the wrong when a lot of the time it's been them, how else am I meant to deal with it? writing up a report about them there and then only wastes the Admins time and I've been told to not do it before by a few of them. So I don't. If I could start off fresh I would, but I've clearly made a number of enemies already and I'm sorry for ever coming across the TC servers.

RE: Apology - Ice - 2016-12-16 09:34

You have to filter out your enemies and not get tackled by the subtle punches Wink Avoid conflicts as much as possible and you should be good. Don't give up, we all make mistakes, the important part is to learn from them Smile

RE: Apology - Sam - 2016-12-16 09:38

It's crusing, idk why some people kick up such a fuss and take it so seriously, looks very immature and childish and I've seen it happen more and more this past year.

RE: Apology - Jacob - 2016-12-16 10:22

Making reports always makes an enemies, not friends. If you try to do some fun, some help stuff as MED/RES/TOW, COPing or just cruising around, you will be crashed, hit, wrecked in 99 of 100 cases (by your fault or not, doesn´t matter). You just have to go over it and try to keep your mouth shut (it is hard for evryone to keep your nerves calm, even for me). Ppl do shits, crashes on purpose, tries to block you while you chasing anyone, causes you crash and lose a chase the fun everytime, but if you insult them only once, they became the biggest experts of server rules and feels hurt by little insult and makes reports on you...it is same with revenge crashing. As Sam said, do not take it too serious. When someones crash you then just ignore it and enjoy your car´s fly and be sure and ready it is not the last fly in that day. TC has specific community, good one and the bad one. The good one plays here for many years, the other one are new players trying wreck the fun. I am not pointing at anyone, just saying. Try to stay away from troubles..it is hard but not impossible.

RE: Apology - Adorable - 2016-12-16 11:32

How to be successful in CityDriving:
  1. Have a sorry bind | aka The magic word Biggrin.
  2. Don't take the game seriously | Just play and don't get frustrated out of others mistakes, take short breaks if its gets to an unsupportable level.
  3. Understand that the server doesn't rely on reports, you gotta deal with the trolls YOURSELF. | The server works in a different way than you think, Sure, it gets annoying when 5 different peoples crash you in a short time span, but this is how it is, sometimes it is you who cause a crash right? it's how this server is supposed to work. just let it slide. Smile

I've seen that you got banned for 1 day, in anyways, its not the end of the world, most of the players you see online and play with everyday i'd say 70% got banned atleast once. I have gotten up to +90 Rolleyes.

As you get back to the game, you should know your surroundings very well. Don't make any more reports as they often have counter-productive results. See you in 5 hours Smile.

RE: Apology - Connor - 2016-12-16 11:55

(2016-12-16 09:38)Sam Wrote:  It's crusing, idk why some people kick up such a fuss and take it so seriously, looks very immature and childish and I've seen it happen more and more this past year.

Indeed, completely agree. No need to make this game a drama. Someone bothering you? Don't let it get to you, suck it up and report them to the admins. You might think you're wasting their time but if it's legitimately not your fault, then the person 'bullying' you will most likely get punished.

Now that's much better than getting het up about something so insignificant on what is simply just a game, isn't it? If this game stresses you out too much, maybe it's not the right one for you; it's supposed to be fun.

RE: Apology - Audiojack - 2016-12-16 12:20

Most other players probably don't see it as such a big deal to begin with. Even if you feel like you've made "enemies" on the server, they will probably forget about it within a month if you don't bring it up again.

Crashes happen, incidents happen, people can get mad about things, everyone makes mistakes especially in the beginning. The only problem is if an individual keeps causing these incidents continuously without ever trying to improve their behaviour.

You certainly seem to know what you could improve about your own behaviour, so just keep that in mind and get back in the game. Keep calm and carry on, as they say.

(2016-12-16 11:32)Adorable Wrote:  its not the end of the world, most of the players you see online and play with everyday i'd say 70% got banned atleast once.
That's true, the difference is whether people learn from their bans or not. W00t
I have been banned on TC, but not in the last 8 or so years.

RE: Apology - Warped - 2016-12-16 12:21

(2016-12-16 11:55)Connor Wrote:  
(2016-12-16 09:38)Sam Wrote:  It's crusing, idk why some people kick up such a fuss and take it so seriously, looks very immature and childish and I've seen it happen more and more this past year.
You might think you're wasting their time but if it's legitimately not your fault, then the person 'bullying' you will most likely get punished.

I've always thought about why some of the admins bring up the "don't waste our time please" policy. You are an admin; you are supposed to serve the community. Not just wishing to loiter around doing nothing. You wanted to be an admin, so do your job. Thank you.

(This message was not directed at the person who was quoted.)

RE: Apology - Adorable - 2016-12-16 12:27

(2016-12-16 12:21)Warped Wrote:  You are an admin; you are supposed to serve the community.

Rejoin [TC], we need peoples like you

RE: Apology - Howlin - 2016-12-16 12:35

By saying "don't waste admin time" we do not mean don't make reports, otherwise what's the point in us being here? What it actually means is that so many reports are made that could and should have been solved in the server by one person apologising or simply taking responsibility for something that happens, we as admins should not have to deal with silly little issues like crashes, small mistakes etc and yet we do so more than we deal with anything else. Admins exist to keep players off the server who come to troll, to ram and generally to cause trouble, not to control the regular players having constant disagreements with each other over the smallest issues.

If you have a legitimate reason to make a report, make one. Just don't expect us to be particularly pleased when we're having to solve issues that shouldn't even come to our attention and could be dealt with without anybody even realising there was a problem.

RE: Apology - Warped - 2016-12-16 12:46

(2016-12-16 12:27)Adorable Wrote:  
(2016-12-16 12:21)Warped Wrote:  You are an admin; you are supposed to serve the community.

Rejoin [TC], we need peoples like you

Unfortunately, that's not an option for me anymore. Though, I'm sure I'm not a very welcome person anyway, inside or outside the team for that matter. Biggrin

RE: Apology - Nick - 2016-12-17 00:06

(2016-12-16 12:21)Warped Wrote:  I've always thought about why some of the admins bring up the "don't waste our time please" policy. You are an admin; you are supposed to serve the community. Not just wishing to loiter around doing nothing. You wanted to be an admin, so do your job. Thank you.

Utter horseshit.

(This message was directed at the person who was quoted.)

RE: Apology - Carl - 2016-12-17 00:32

(2016-12-16 12:21)Warped Wrote:  I've always thought about why some of the admins bring up the "don't waste our time please" policy. You are an admin; you are supposed to serve the community. Not just wishing to loiter around doing nothing. You wanted to be an admin, so do your job. Thank you.

1. They never chose to become an admin to have their time wasted, but to spend their time making the server what it is.
2. They don't get paid
3. They would like to sometimes enjoy the game too.

My two cents, got a lot of respect 4 da admuns.

RE: Apology - Connor - 2016-12-17 00:41

(2016-12-17 00:06)Nick Wrote:  

Utter horseshit.

Okay Warped, but it's still directed at the admins (which will include me). I've literally just said if their report is legitimate then most likely the bully will get action taken upon him.

You know full well yourself in your experience that there's been plenty of reports that you've seen that are just simply a series of petty arguments that could have been sorted out on the server easily. But sure, you deal with it anyway, but you still indicate to them that this particular report was not worth the time put into it (from both ends - reportee and admin) and it could - and should - have been dealt with on the server.

No point making an argument when you know yourself there's a plethora of needless reports in the Report Archive. Just to be clear, I'm not at all agreeing with what you're claiming about "loitering about", admins are still here to do their jobs, and we will do them no matter how petty the argument is, but we're certainly allowed to point out why they didn't technically need to report.

RE: Apology - Pipa - 2016-12-17 09:36

(2016-12-16 12:46)Warped Wrote:  Unfortunately, that's not an option for me anymore. Though, I'm sure I'm not a very welcome person anyway, inside or outside the team for that matter. Biggrin

If you keep posting shit like that then you don't even need to wonder why.

RE: Apology - Warped - 2016-12-17 12:12

(2016-12-17 00:06)Nick Wrote:  

Utter horseshit.

Great choice of words. I'm proud of you.

(2016-12-17 00:32)Nismo Wrote:  

1. They never chose to become an admin to have their time wasted, but to spend their time making the server what it is.
2. They don't get paid
3. They would like to sometimes enjoy the game too.

My two cents, got a lot of respect 4 da admuns.

1. It is part of an administrator's job to go through various things that may not necessarily be up to par, but you still have to deal with them respectfully and in a manner that is appropriate for an administrator, so that others can look up to you. It is not healthy for the imago of all the administrators' if you mention that your personal time is being wasted when dealing with a user report. The reporters do not report other people to waste the administrators' time. They do it because they personally think that someone else breaks the rules. They do not think that their report is, on the other hand, trivial and unnecessary. It is your job to tell them that the evidence that they bring forth is not admissible and to give them advice for the future. Real-life criminal detectives come across various material, and some of it is trivial and wastes their time. Do they complain? No.

2. Neither do they get paid, nor is it an excuse to avoid doing the job graciously.

3. Of course they want, but being a public servant, you have certain responsibilities that you have to carry out.

(2016-12-17 09:36)Pipa Wrote:  

(2016-12-16 12:46)Warped Wrote:  Unfortunately, that's not an option for me anymore. Though, I'm sure I'm not a very welcome person anyway, inside or outside the team for that matter. Biggrin

If you keep posting shit like that then you don't even need to wonder why.

I will not apply for a position in any team in this community, so it does not bother me if people do not like me. This also allows me to express my opinions more freely. Moreover, it takes one to know one.

RE: Apology - Brad - 2016-12-17 12:34

The thing is, Warped, it's extremely easy to say those things from the side-lines Wink

This isn't a public "servant" type role; this is a community and as far as admins are expected to do certain things, so too are the community.

You argue that admins must be forced to give-up any and all free-time on a whim. I'm sure a large proportion of the community (including me) argue firmly against that. We are there when it matters, but our primary role isn't to baby-sit. Despite your example, we are not "real-life criminal detectives".

As with many discussions you involve yourself in, you've completely derailed the purpose of the thread and so unfortunately this is where the discussion ends. Please feel free to PM me if there are any future crimes you need investigating, though.

Thanks,

RE: Apology - Deaky - 2016-12-17 12:47

Admins are humans, I wanted to become a TC to make servers better for everyone. Admin actions for me may sometimes take the whole time I could spend in LFS. I think you and everyone understand how frustrating petty reports are, especially in such cases. Same comes to people who only join the server to cause problems, I'm sure you can name atleast one person Wink If that isn't called "wasting admin time" then what is it?

RE: Apology - BP - 2016-12-17 12:49

Locked.