[TC] Gaming Forums
KY Roundabout Rant - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: KY Roundabout Rant (/showthread.php?tid=24850)

Pages: 1 2

KY Roundabout Rant - Carl - 2016-12-23 17:48

There has been plenty of talk on this topic in the past, but I'd like to bring it up again, since it annoys me.

[Image: 0pK68DL.png]

If coming from AB south, going straight ahead 2nd exit on the roundabout, the general rule is to move to the right hand lane which is the normal driving lane and to not hog the left lane which is usually for overtaking or faster cars.

There is a car park to your right, use it! People just aren't understanding that it's a roundabout exit lane -_________________-

Police pls fine them and move them when you see them kthxbye.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - BP - 2016-12-23 17:54

The arrows are there to try and prevent people from parking there... some derpy players still don't get the point.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Yukine - 2016-12-23 18:52

@Nismo Personally I enjoy watching the world burn.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Deaky - 2016-12-23 23:45

I see number 32 on the roof, Angel confirmed.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Ph4nToM - 2016-12-24 06:56

I noticed a lot of regular park there. At this point i think it's not even intentional, it just looks like a good parking spot.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Adorable - 2016-12-25 05:21

Still plenty of space available and admins used to pitlane players parked there If I'm right.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Tingle - 2016-12-25 09:16

I think it's because it's a hassle to drive into the car park, which is why I don't usually bother to park in there.

I'd say create an exit for the car park by removing one of the barriers and move the whole barrier adjacent to the road in by a car's width (i.e. move it onto the grass so the grass can be accessed without driving into the car park). That way, there's a greater incentive to actually use the car park and those who do still illegally park will most likely do so on the grass verge (that would have been created by moving the barrier inwards), as opposed to parking directly on the road. At least that way, the likelihood of somebody parking on the road is reduced.

I would also try to create the illusion of there being more capacity in the car park by placing the bays along the concrete wall as opposed to their current placement, seeing as it's a long area not a wide area. The reason being people may be less inclined to park in the middle of the parking area if all 5 of the bays shown in the screenshot are full, meaning they park on the road instead.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Adam - 2016-12-25 09:45

I think it should be longer and have maybe 3 entrances to make it more inviting to people who want to park there.

[Image: bijPC8Y.jpg]

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Pete - 2016-12-25 14:15

Yeah +1 to that Badam, I'll make it so.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Howlin - 2016-12-25 14:17

[Image: latest?cb=20160325065605]

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Dino - 2016-12-25 17:24

If people park there, I push them straight forward and then to the right side to the grass, no matter if I am cop or not. And before it sounds like it's a ram: I park exactly behind them and then gently push them, not ramming them away.

Parking problem might still remain even after the layout update which k_b suggested. Also I'm not too sure about people taking the exit, potentially wrongwaying back to the roundabout (cause they think it's ok for such a short distance) or just not caring about traffic and exitting the parking area onto the oval lane. Maybe a exit straight forward would be better instead of a kinda T-junction

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Nick - 2016-12-25 19:30

(2016-12-25 17:24)Dino Wrote:  If people park there, I push them straight forward and then to the right side to the grass, no matter if I am cop or not. And before it sounds like it's a ram: I park exactly behind them and then gently push them, not ramming them away.

So let's see if I've got this right - you're not ramming them away, but... ramming them away? Righto.

Just leave them as they are, there are more pressing issues in the world than some virtual cars parking on the wrong pixels. You don't need to be told that you don't need to do admin tasks, because you ain't no admin, wannabee.

Happy Hanukkah.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Adorable - 2016-12-25 19:33

nick y u so violent.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Adam - 2016-12-25 19:54

he juts troof tel

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Sam - 2016-12-25 20:07

Well said Nick.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Asas - 2016-12-25 20:46

Nick stop being savage hhhh

I like Badam's suggestion, but I doubt people would stop parking there..

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Pete - 2016-12-25 20:53

I've already added Badam"s suggestion to the server.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Ras - 2016-12-25 21:01

I would simply remove the armco between the tarmac and grass so it just doesn't make sense parking there since there's open space (grass) you could pull into (and out of) easily.

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Adam - 2016-12-25 21:37

i would agree with Ras if it was further off the track but since they are so close it would just cause crashes because people might spin out and go into the parked cars

RE: KY Roundabout Rant - Dino - 2016-12-25 22:09

(2016-12-25 19:30)Nick Wrote:  
(2016-12-25 17:24)Dino Wrote:  If people park there, I push them straight forward and then to the right side to the grass, no matter if I am cop or not. And before it sounds like it's a ram: I park exactly behind them and then gently push them, not ramming them away.

So let's see if I've got this right - you're not ramming them away, but... ramming them away? Righto.

Just leave them as they are, there are more pressing issues in the world than some virtual cars parking on the wrong pixels. You don't need to be told that you don't need to do admin tasks, because you ain't no admin, wannabee.

Happy Hanukkah.
There's a difference between driving into someone's back with like 50 kph (ramming) or stopping behind someone and starting to accelerate (pushing).
I know that you only know ramming Nick, but if you're interested I can give you pushing lessons in-game.
And yes, it's just a game and people parking there are no nightmare, but pushing them away is none either.

Well said Sam