[TC] Gaming Forums
[Implemented] Laser improvement. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Implemented] Laser improvement. (/showthread.php?tid=2495)

Pages: 1 2

Laser improvement. - Roba - 2012-03-21 15:14

I was thinking of this improvement to !laser command, to improve the possibilities of co-operating with other cops incase of speeders.

Command would be something like " !laserto -Roba- " when it would say " User selected " so when a speeder passes your car, you do !laser and then I would see the laser, chase the suspect (i.e. on the cattlemarket, coming from hwy2) and I could do !showlaser to show the speed to the suspect.

Also, this could be like when you do !laser once, it disables the !laserto and the other cop wouldn't see any further lasers from the guy, unless made new !laserto command.

Something around that way, just for cops to get some co-operation possibilities.

What do you guys think about this, or anyone has similar suggestions in mind?

RE: Laser improvement. - Sadie - 2012-03-21 15:23

Hear fine for me. Smile

RE: Laser improvement. - Tommer - 2012-03-21 16:07

So what you're suggesting is being able to clock people but instead another cop sees the laser so they can cooperate?

If so, I would say yes, but I think it would be better if all cops could see eachother's laser values thus saving us from having to type in lots of commands

RE: Laser improvement. - Roba - 2012-03-21 17:03

That would be nice too, but you can't do !showlaser from every other cops lasers, nor can you get the exact time and road of the speeding occurred?

And I'm sure people like TC Leaders and Chuck would get plenty of ideas to make it easy to use aswell.

RE: Laser improvement. - Pete - 2012-03-21 20:19

So if we made it such that cops could see all !laser readings, this would effectively solve the problem?

RE: Laser improvement. - KaraK - 2012-03-21 20:46

I think he suggests that if I do this command !laserto <othercop> - Then I laser Lampshade, the 'othercop' can do the !showlaser of that specific laser value.

Me: !laserto othercop
Me: !laser - Lampshade clocked @ 176kph •
Othercop: !showlaser - Lampshade was clocked at 176kph • , @ HW1

RE: Laser improvement. - McGherkin - 2012-03-21 20:47

Yes, but think of the laserspam Sad

EDIT: replying to Lamp Wink

RE: Laser improvement. - BP - 2012-03-21 20:54

(2012-03-21 20:47)McGherkin Wrote:  Yes, but think of the laserspam Sad

EDIT: replying to Lamp Wink

Laser spam? Think of how it was before, no spam whatsoever.

RE: Laser improvement. - McGherkin - 2012-03-21 20:57

You don't remember the times when some noob cop would laser someone 10 times, and everyone would see it?

This time round it'd be just cops that saw it.

RE: Laser improvement. - Tommer - 2012-03-21 22:37

The point of hiding the laser value was so that suspects didn't know cop's where onto them and gave more reason to the "showlaser" command's existance, I don't think laser spam has ever been a serious problem and thus it would be ok if the cop's saw the laser value's IMO.

RE: Laser improvement. - Roba - 2012-03-22 07:46

Lamp, just as KaraK said. I don't see any point on making the !laser value to be visible to all of the cops, unless we would get the !laserto command or similar.

Otherwise just showing !laser value to all of the cops could make it possible for like;

Cop1 : !laser - User clocked @ 138kph
Cop1 : !c Cop2 stop him please!
Cop2 : !chase - User
Cop2 : Hello, you were stopped for speeding, please wait for the other cop to arrive.
Cop1 : !showlaser

But with just the 1 cop clocking and other chasing and doing !showlaser could be more efficient way for that.

Cop1 : !laserto Cop2
(User selected)
Cop1 : !laser - User clocked @ 138kph
Cop2 : !chase - User
Cop2 : Hello, you were stopped for speeding,
Cop2 : !showlaser

While the Cop1 can respond to backup call, TOW call or chase another speeder.

Also there could be 1 cop at the Highway 2 for example, and 3 cops on the cattlemarket. When cop1 chooses a cop, clocks a speeder, changes the cop, clocks new speeder and so on.

RE: Laser improvement. - porez - 2012-03-22 09:00

oh c'mon,....
maybe just put invisible radar at every 50m which gonna show to all cops when some1 is speeding...
btw. I don't get this idea...
when you see that somebody is speeding so you should start chase him right?
Why you want to give this info to another cop?
because you feel you're too slow to catch this suspect?

RE: Laser improvement. - KaraK - 2012-03-22 09:01

You can do the exact same thing as of now, it only needs a bit more planning.
You don't have to drive to the suspect, you can simply stay where you are and do !showlaser.

I do however think only cops should be able to see the !laser value, as Tommer said.

RE: Laser improvement. - Roba - 2012-03-22 09:16

(2012-03-22 09:00)porez Wrote:  oh c'mon,....
maybe just put invisible radar at every 50m which gonna show to all cops when some1 is speeding...
btw. I don't get this idea...
when you see that somebody is speeding so you should start chase him right?
Why you want to give this info to another cop?
because you feel you're too slow to catch this suspect?

Well you're stopped on XRT and someone passes you with FZ5 doing 220kph, are you going to chase him? In that caase, there would be other cop with FZ5 further ahead, when he gets the reading, he pulls on the the road, gets some speed and when the specific FZ5 passes the cop, he chase him immediatley without needing to get a laser first.
And the suspect wouldn't necessarily speed in sight of a FZ5 cop
And if it was on a corner where the other cops start the chase, the cop had better chances to keep up instead pf the suspect getting 300m distance right away to the cop

RE: Laser improvement. - porez - 2012-03-22 09:47

(2012-03-22 09:16)Roba Wrote:  Well you're stopped on XRT and someone passes you with FZ5 doing 220kph, are you going to chase him?
Yes I will!
Because I dont care about my cop stats!
It's just a game, you;re here for having fun, not for achieve reward "BEST MARCH COP"...

You write like you dont know how to use !backup cmd.
This "insim improvement" could make sense when you could ask for backup circles after few km's. for example:
chase start
1st backup available after 5km
2nd after 10km etc.

I'll tell you how always my chases looks like.
I failed to stop. Then cop calling for backup until there is a 4 cops in that chase.
Usually it took ~1 min.
imho this improvement is useless until backup cmd could be used how I wrote it.

RE: Laser improvement. - Roba - 2012-03-22 11:00

Well, with stopped XRT, you start chase FZ5 which passes you doing 220kph, you don't even get the time to call backup before you loose the chase.

I don't chase to get good cop stats, I chase ppl who I feel like to, and I really don't see any idea on chasing someone who will escape for sure.

With this suggestion, I'm trying to say that with this it would be easier way to fine ppl for speeding, not that chasing fast cars is impossible without this.

I already said this is for cops to co-operate and have a little more feeling on the copping than only co-operative stuff you could do is !backup while in a chase.

RE: Laser improvement. - porez - 2012-03-22 11:05

(2012-03-22 11:00)Roba Wrote:  I really don't see any idea on chasing someone who will escape for sure.

i was waiting for that LaughLaughLaugh

RE: Laser improvement. - Roba - 2012-03-22 11:10

Well, if you see a point on it, please share it Confused1

Really it's like saving money for something you're never able to buy.. (bad comparision tho)

RE: Laser improvement. - porez - 2012-03-22 11:26

no it is not...
it's more like... hmmm im on 20th place on best cops list...
I wont chase this guy because i can lose my rating position!
That how I see it.

RE: Laser improvement. - Roba - 2012-03-22 11:33

I'm not on the list, so how much you think I care about my position in there..?

I'm just saying that as I think it's just pointless, and could be done in easier way.