[TC] Gaming Forums
Need for speed; Carbon - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Need for speed; Carbon (/showthread.php?tid=25162)

Need for speed; Carbon - Huski - 2017-01-15 02:58

I've been re-playing this fully.. Sure it doesn't take too long if you blitz the story as I did, but for an arcade racer its a great game, customisation could do some work, si but as I'm hardly a skinner / tuner I didn't really bother with the livery system, or even autosculpt, now its a great game, if you can pick it up for cheap on PC it does have wheel support (No FFB as far as I am aware)

If anyone is wondering I started the game with an:
Alfa Romeo Brera
I then moved to a:
Lotus Elise
Then I stopped at a:
Porsche Carrera GT

I obviously needed something for drifting apart from the Porsche (Cause that slides) I bought a solid RX-7 for that, it works enough, and I found that a Mitsubishi Lancer IX MR- Edition doesn't like going sideways, nor does a Soobie.

Adding in a small problem I've found with the game;

The canyon bosses are on rails, you can (and I've tested this) go into them at 200MPH right on the side, and they will not move.

RE: Need for speed; Carbon - Owl - 2017-01-15 10:21

NFS:Most Wanted (2005) is life. Nuff said.

RE: Need for speed; Carbon - Ras - 2017-01-15 12:19

Everything after Underground 2 was meh.

RE: Need for speed; Carbon - Stephen - 2017-01-16 06:46

Everything after carbon was meh for me. Carbon wasn't as good as the previous ones but still way better than any of the new nfs games.

RE: Need for speed; Carbon - Chuck - 2017-01-16 07:08

The most fun I had was with Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. Me and some mates spent insane hours playing in LAN. Lucky peeps like me who had internet at that time could download many custom carsSmile
However, I do actually remember buying the first Need for Speed box from our local Media MarktSmile It was a revolution in car gaming.

RE: Need for speed; Carbon - Sebas - 2017-01-16 14:26

I stopped following NFS games after Most Wanted. Never played anything after that.

RE: Need for speed; Carbon - fWANKy - 2017-01-16 14:42

the newer NFS games are the biggest pile of anuswagon i have ever played imo. underground and underground 2 are tied best with most wanted. old but gold.

RE: Need for speed; Carbon - Sam - 2017-01-16 15:19

I tried running underground 2 on Windows 10 but it just kept crashing after 5-10 mins, was such a good game!

RE: Need for speed; Carbon - Jimmy - 2017-01-16 16:48

(2017-01-16 15:19)Sam Wrote:  I tried running underground 2 on Windows 10 but it just kept crashing after 5-10 mins, was such a good game!

Get virtual box and install it there Wink

RE: Need for speed; Carbon - Audiojack - 2017-01-16 16:53

NFS Hot Pursuit and Hot Pursuit 2 are the best in the series for me. Underground 2 and Carbon come next. I never liked Most Wanted or anything that came after Carbon.

I think if I had to suggest one game in the series, I would go with Hot Pursuit 2 for the PC. The PS2 version is fun too but it's a different game, not just a straightforward port. It's just a rewarding and fun game.

RE: Need for speed; Carbon - Huski - 2017-01-16 21:35

I FINALLY FINISHED THE DAMN THING