[TC] Gaming Forums
Long distance connection ping issue - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Long distance connection ping issue (/showthread.php?tid=25299)

Long distance connection ping issue - kagurazakayukari - 2017-01-29 03:10

I'm from China and when connect to TC server my ping is always over 500ms and above.
I can find some way to decrease that(like 200ms) but It will make my IP address change routinely(by using some kind of VPN my IP may from all over the world)
And I have been banned several times with it.(including timeout or wrong ip address) Confused1

RE: Long distance connection ping issue - Adorable - 2017-01-29 06:13

If you can decrease it that means your ISP sucks.

Have a talk with [TC] Leaders, they might stop the automated bans.

RE: Long distance connection ping issue - Borja - 2017-01-29 10:08

Dear,

Try to close as much as you can every program that have access to Internet (Spotify/uTorrent/...) and don't have to much devices connected to it.

Maybe you can decrease it a bit, but admins will try to help, for example as mentioned AD, by not autobaning you.

Hope that you can find a nice solution and play with all community.
-Boo

RE: Long distance connection ping issue - kagurazakayukari - 2017-01-29 11:58

(2017-01-29 10:08)Borja Wrote:  Dear,

Try to close as much as you can every program that have access to Internet (Spotify/uTorrent/...) and don't have to much devices connected to it.

Maybe you can decrease it a bit, but admins will try to help, for example as mentioned AD, by not autobaning you.

Hope that you can find a nice solution and play with all community.
-Boo

Thanks for help~

In fact nearly all servers in Europe I've connected are at least 470ms and some times loss packages a lot. It is a China network issue(some probably know about GFW things).Thumbdown

(2017-01-29 06:13)Adorable Wrote:  If you can decrease it that means your ISP sucks.

Have a talk with [TC] Leaders, they might stop the automated bans.

Thanks~
Do I need to send a private or just on other place or just wait here?

RE: Long distance connection ping issue - Carl - 2017-01-29 12:13

LFS doesn't have regional servers, you're trying to connect to a server from so far away that your ping is just like that by default, not much you can do really.

as far as I know all the servers are hosted in europe? I could be wrong.

RE: Long distance connection ping issue - Frozen - 2017-01-29 12:20

(2017-01-29 12:13)Nismo Wrote:  as far as I know all the servers are hosted in europe? I could be wrong.

Yes, in France.

RE: Long distance connection ping issue - kagurazakayukari - 2017-01-29 12:44

(2017-01-29 12:13)Nismo Wrote:  LFS doesn't have regional servers, you're trying to connect to a server from so far away that your ping is just like that by default, not much you can do really.

as far as I know all the servers are hosted in europe? I could be wrong.

Yes In France... Coz there are no LFS server in China Smile And I only know English..
I can only use VPN really

RE: Long distance connection ping issue - Tingle - 2017-01-29 18:18

How is your ping lower when using a VPN?

RE: Long distance connection ping issue - Borja - 2017-01-29 18:26

(2017-01-29 18:18)Tingle Wrote:  How is your ping lower when using a VPN?
I'm not sure about this, but if im not wrong, VPN means Virtual Private Network, meaning that if you conect to a network that it's near to france, you can have lower ping on the game. But somethims, those VPN directions keep changing.

RE: Long distance connection ping issue - Stephen - 2017-01-29 19:38

Its bypassing all the chinese firewalls and crap probably, my understanding of it is that it's heavily censored and certain large websites are blocked altogether in favour of sites that are smaller because those small sites are chinese.

RE: Long distance connection ping issue - kagurazakayukari - 2017-01-30 02:51

(2017-01-29 19:38)Stephen Wrote:  Its bypassing all the chinese firewalls and crap probably, my understanding of it is that it's heavily censored and certain large websites are blocked altogether in favour of sites that are smaller because those small sites are chinese.

It is mainly because government, who thinks comments are no good for China will be banned,then have the firewall. And that thing make connection quality very poor from China to other country.

Anyway thank you allThumbup1