[TC] Gaming Forums
Botched the Cop Test - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Botched the Cop Test (/showthread.php?tid=25439)

Botched the Cop Test - Blade3562 - 2017-02-12 06:09

Well I went to retake the cop test today. Read through everything but still somehow managed to miss 7 points. The first time I took it passed with flying colors. Seems as the guide has been updated some answers aren't even in the guide. Maybe I missed a chapter or something but help would be appreciated. Really confused but just trying to prep for the next time Thumbup1

Topics it states I got wrong:

Contradicting info based on which ruleset. Which is actually correct now?

RE: Botched the Cop Test - Barney - 2017-02-12 06:21

Just at a first glance theres alrdy three things wrong:
Cops may park illegay for traffic surveillance, you dont need flashing lights AND hazard, and pretty sure the last question isnt related to the AB if not specificly stated. As in most cases its quite likely the errors are on your site. Sure, a very low percentage might be wrong( hence i screenie my tests while doing em, and always find out that i read one/two/three questions wrong or missed a "not" or something. But until now it has always been my mistake), but mostly its a users failure. Also: rules>manual.

RE: Botched the Cop Test - Blade3562 - 2017-02-12 06:32

(2017-02-12 06:21)Barney Wrote:  Just at a first glance theres alrdy three things wrong:
Cops may park illegally for traffic surveillance
Straight from the guide. It doesn't specify legal vs illegal. Maybe I'm being too technical lol.
Cop Guide Wrote:You may enforce the law through various methods:
Driving around (patrolling), and chasing offenders;
Parking in a safe spot and chasing offenders;
Parking in a safe spot and speedtrapping (refer to the speedtrapping section of this guide);
Joining existing chases.

(2017-02-12 06:21)Barney Wrote:  you dont need flashing lights AND hazard
The new police guide states you must use both. The main rules state optional
Cop Guide Wrote:You must either use a strobe tool (i.e. TCLights) OR simply put your lights on (key "3") and your hazards (key "9"). Although you do not need a strobe program, it is more convenient to use one.
Rules Wrote:5.6. Flashing lights must be used when in a chase.
As a minimum, you must use either flashing headlights (3 key) if possible, or hazard lights (9 key) and headlights (3 key) if you do not have a third party program.

(2017-02-12 06:21)Barney Wrote:  and pretty sure the last question isnt related to the AB if not specificly stated. As in most cases its quite likely the errors are on your site. Sure, a very low percentage might be wrong( hence i screenie my tests while doing em), but mostly its a users failure. Also: rules>manual.
Should have screenshotted. It's also possible while scrolling on my iPad I could have checked something accidentally. Just trying to get things straight for the next time!

RE: Botched the Cop Test - Bez - 2017-02-12 09:12

After reviewing your Test I can see you answered 2 questions completely wrong.

The rest were that you missed the multiple answers. Make sure you read the question and the answers. There may be a question that has 3 or more correct answers.

Obviously, I can't go into detail with questions and wrong answers as that may assist other users while taking their test.

Hope this helps,
~Bez

RE: Botched the Cop Test - Barney - 2017-02-12 09:12

Only on mobile, so wont quote everything. Just regarding the lights: i dont see a difference, both state either 1) flashing lights(by prgramm) or 2)lights on and hazard on. Next time try having all pages in tabs open by relevance: rules, finelist, manual and commands.
When answering copy a keyword or even a phrase go to rules, ctrl f, paste and you will most likey find the part from what the question was created. Only go to the manual if you dont find anything. Rules and finelist are more precise and the manual is not set in stone(cop 1/2 for example).
I do agree though some questions are quite tricky and i recall myself also ticking some boxes not because i thought it would be right, but 'cause i think the creator would like to hear. But maybe you were also unlucky with a few wrong questions on top. Im sure an admin will look into it. Gl next time

RE: Botched the Cop Test - BP - 2017-02-12 10:17

(2017-02-12 06:32)Blade3562 Wrote:  
(2017-02-12 06:21)Barney Wrote:  you dont need flashing lights AND hazard
The new police guide states you must use both. The main rules state optional
Cop Guide Wrote:You must either use a strobe tool (i.e. TCLights) OR simply put your lights on (key "3") and your hazards (key "9"). Although you do not need a strobe program, it is more convenient to use one.
Rules Wrote:5.6. Flashing lights must be used when in a chase.
As a minimum, you must use either flashing headlights (3 key) if possible, or hazard lights (9 key) and headlights (3 key) if you do not have a third party program.

I actually don't see any contradiction there at all, but you must read it quite carefully.

This version of TCLights only FLASHES the headlights. If you don't have this, you must have SOLID headlights AND hazards.

RE: Botched the Cop Test - Blade3562 - 2017-02-12 11:37

(2017-02-12 10:17)BP Wrote:  I actually don't see any contradiction there at all, but you must read it quite carefully.

This version of TCLights only FLASHES the headlights. If you don't have this, you must have SOLID headlights AND hazards.

The rules don't state how TCLights/strobe tool works therefore the only correct answer would be solid headlights w/ hazards. The police rulebook is more specific and therefore trumps the general rulebook. At least that's how it should work. The general rulebook is like a national rulebook and the police guide is like a local ordinance. Just my $0.02.

(2017-02-12 09:12)Bez Wrote:  After reviewing your Test I can see you answered 2 questions completely wrong.

The rest were that you missed the multiple answers. Make sure you read the question and the answers. There may be a question that has 3 or more correct answers.

Obviously, I can't go into detail with questions and wrong answers as that may assist other users while taking their test.

Hope this helps,
~Bez

Thanks Bez, that's what I was looking for. It's been a while. The one regarding the lights however I think needs re-worked and the rulebook clarified/corrected. Having two sources with different answers makes it a tough call.

RE: Botched the Cop Test - Frozen - 2017-02-12 15:18

(2017-02-12 11:37)Blade3562 Wrote:  The rules don't state how TCLights/strobe tool works therefore the only correct answer would be solid headlights w/ hazards.

The rules not, but the manual does and you can also use that when taking your exam.

http://www.city-driving.co.uk/manual/police_guide

Quote:Strobe.
We highly recommend TCLights made by Elmo (Degats). Download this from the Downloads page on our website.

And links you to:
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=21932

Which, after scrolling down a small bit says:

Quote:How to Use

Siren key: PageUp
Lights key: PageDown

It's easy and understandable for me being from The Netherlands (not an English native speaker), so I do not understand where your problem is to be honest. If there's something we can say about [TC] is that the rules and general structure have really been thought of and double checked before releasing as it's being taken quite seriously.