[TC] Gaming Forums
!setopt sirenui_size - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: !setopt sirenui_size (/showthread.php?tid=25501)

Pages: 1 2

!setopt sirenui_size - Adorable - 2017-02-16 20:48

Hi,

I often find the InSim visual siren blocking a good part of the screen, especially as a COP in chase seeing other COPs visual siren interface, it's terrible when you have a FOV of 110degrees.

Suggestion: !setopt sirenui_size [0/1/2/3] <- Lowers the size of the InSim siren Interface

Or: !setopt visualsiren [0/1] <- Disables / Enables the InSim siren interface

--

I think doing this requires a couple more lines of code in the !setopt and then a couple if statements to filter out which buttons are sent for the visual sirens. all in all no more than 10 minutes of work for enhancing the experience, please consider adding this!

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Jacob - 2017-02-16 21:48

+1

i got my view set on the roof (when i see my hood) and SIREN blocks everything infrot of me, right on the road. I have to move side to side to get the siren jump side to side too to see what is infront of me. Smaller SIREN sign would be useful.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Borja - 2017-02-16 22:04

As mentioned above, maybe it's personal experience, but nowadays people don't care about sirens, so giving them the chance to make it smaller will make this problem bigger.

Also it's true that I have same problem.

So, neutral point.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Ph4nToM - 2017-02-16 22:17

Well new players rarely read the forum anyway, most people that would end up using the command are already familiar with the server.

I personally have that problem too when i am 3rd-4th cop on a chase, the visual meter thing is pretty big for my FOV and it ends up covering the road ahead of me.

Edit: Was thinking if the visual pointer would "float" above cars rather than be directly on them. Might help idk.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Adorable - 2017-02-16 22:57

(2017-02-16 22:04)Borja Wrote:  neutral point.

I wonder why half if not most your replies towards suggestions are always adressing the negatives points,

heck, SIREN is already being ignored because it's always on screen, having an option to reduce its size can be a lot better, and even if players fail to react to sirens, rules still applies.

--
Chuck, get to work good sir Smile.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Jacob - 2017-02-17 08:14

(2017-02-16 22:17)Ph4nToM Wrote:  Well new players rarely read the forum anyway, most people that would end up using the command are already familiar with the server.

indeed, how many ppl know !hidead commmand, i mean new ppl. i would say 20%? andy why? cuz someone told them and not they have read that on forum.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Frozen - 2017-02-17 08:18

(2017-02-16 20:48)Adorable Wrote:  Or: !setopt visualsiren [0/1] <- Disables / Enables the InSim siren interface

Simply no to that.

I already see reports saying 'Oh sorry I had the siren disabled and my sound was muted'. 'I did not know there was a chase infront'.

You MUST see the SIREN on your screen else you are not able to follow the server rules (moving for SIRENS). If you cannot see them, you cannot know when you have to move for them, so I do not see this happening at all. Even as a COP, you must see the SIRENs of others, else you would be interefering someone else's chase without knowing and you're not allowed to do so. Changing the size, maybe, but not making it disappear.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - RipstiE - 2017-02-19 10:17

(2017-02-17 08:18)Frozen Wrote:  I already see reports saying 'Oh sorry I had the siren disabled and my sound was muted'. 'I did not know there was a chase infront'.

Why not making the command avaible only for cops? This might be the solution for this kind of situation

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - KaraK - 2017-02-19 10:36

(2017-02-19 10:17)RipstiE Wrote:  Why not making the command avaible only for cops? This might be the solution for this kind of situation

(2017-02-17 08:18)Frozen Wrote:  Even as a COP, you must see the SIRENs of others, else you would be interefering someone else's chase without knowing and you're not allowed to do so. Changing the size, maybe, but not making it disappear.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Quattro10V - 2017-02-20 18:34

What about COPs when in chase do not see the siren command? That way when they're just patrolling they still see it. Personally doesn't bother me, though the frequency of the siren command per amount of times you actually have to move does make people incredibly complacent.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Frozen - 2017-02-20 21:34

Did you read the text I wrote and that also has been quoted by KaraK? That answers your question.

Whether a COP is in chase or not, you must respect other chases. If you did not know, even if you are in a chase it does not give you the right to interfere the chase of someone else. Thus, disabling the sirens is not an option else you will never know when a chase is infront or not.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Adorable - 2017-02-20 22:04

I strongly believe that it is still the player who's playing with disabled settings responsibility to not crash into others, there's a mini map that can be a good alternative to a visual siren.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Bez - 2017-02-21 12:09

Disabling sirens - No.

Making siren text smaller - Yes.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Jacob - 2017-02-21 15:29

(2017-02-21 12:09)Bez Wrote:  Disabling sirens - No.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Owl - 2017-02-21 17:15

(2017-02-21 15:29)Jacob Wrote:  

What about having something else for cops in chase like having instead of SIREN, what about having, Beware, chase nearby!, in text chase with a warning sound?

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Frozen - 2017-02-21 17:21

(2017-02-21 17:15)Owl Wrote:  
(2017-02-21 15:29)Jacob Wrote:  

What about having something else for cops in chase like having instead of SIREN, what about having, Beware, chase nearby!, in text chase with a warning sound?

So if a chase is constantly close to yo, you keep getting a message that is way longer than just SIREN and keeps beeping in your ears? How can that be any better than the actual system where common sense is applied?

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Jacob - 2017-02-21 17:43

Well, i found out that i dont have problems with big SIREN sign but with signs showind the distance of each cop car in chase - which covers their cars.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Barney - 2017-02-21 19:51

(2017-02-21 17:43)Jacob Wrote:  Well, i found out that i dont have problems with big SIREN sign but with signs showind the distance of each cop car in chase - which covers their cars.

That. I believe this is more annoying in followview, if im not mistaken.

I'd suggest the distance to not be shown under something like 75m or even 100m maybe. Cars are mostly visible below this distance so a siren should be enough.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Chuck - 2017-02-22 06:56

Some thoughts:
I tried to avoid overlapping symbols with cars but the problem is that the cars always appear on different Y value on the screen. This is cause the track isn't perfectly flat and more importantly, the views differ from player to player a lot. A simple setup change, like ride height does modify the view. So I cannot predict where the symbols should be place best to avoid overlapping.

I also don't like removing them under a certain distance as it is very useful in unclear situations with multiple cars involved. Like you see a bunch of cars ahead and cannot tell who's cop or not, who's in chase or not.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I can't hear the audible sirens well enough to make any use of them. I need to be closer than 20m to hear them at all.

RE: !setopt sirenui_size - Barney - 2017-02-22 07:43

o: the sirens annoyed me pretty much when doing alot of chases as a cop so i reduced the volume of my horn-wavs. Increase it if you wanna hear it? Bet you know audacity.