[TC] Gaming Forums
New speeding fine - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: New speeding fine (/showthread.php?tid=2558)

New speeding fine - Tommer - 2012-03-26 22:42

Heyya,

If anybody has seen the new update now we no longer have minor and major speeding but instead the speeding fine is calculated the same way the speedtrap fines are calculated.

This is OK, though it does raise the question of why we have !speedtrap ? It has the same fine amount and all it is doing is allowing AFK cops to charge speeders without doing anything. preventing non-AFK cops from chasing for speeding because people are already being fined and not really benefiting anyone or even contributing to safety. I've found many cops are parking illegally just to place speedtraps, often due to poor parking planning on the layout's behalf.

On-top of this I noticed that the speed indication dot system still has the double red dot which seems pointless because the minor/major speeding tickets have been removed anyway - Is there a reason why it is still there or just something that hasn't been phased out yet?

RE: New speeding fine - Malibu - 2012-03-26 22:50

Speedtrapping has no income, or has that changed aswell?

RE: New speeding fine - Pete - 2012-03-26 23:43

!speedtrap doesn't require any driving to punish fast drivers so there's no effort involved. There's no problem with it staying.

RE: New speeding fine - Chuck - 2012-03-27 06:15

1. Speed-traps give the cops no money at all, like before. So the reasons to set up speedtraps are the same as before.

2. We should clearly define (maybe in the rules) where speedtraps are allowed to be placed, ie, may cops park illegally to set them up?
Or another thing, immediately after a speedlimit change,which is pure rip-off. And its not allowed IRL too, at least not here.

3. Regarding those coloured dots. I couldn't think of a better use for them yet. Leaving them there for now gives at least a rough idea about the severity of the speeding offence. However, if someone has a better idea, let me know.
Having an easy-to-read indicator is somewhat useful imo.