[TC] Gaming Forums
I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Multimedia (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: I now love Blackwood's crossroads (/showthread.php?tid=25817)

Pages: 1 2

I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Huski - 2017-03-23 14:04

So this happened in-chase, I think Blackwood is now one of the most dangerous tracks in the game!

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Ras - 2017-03-23 14:10

I tend to slow down at crossroads and look to the sides before i blast through it with sirens blaring. You will be slowed down, yes, but you won't be as slowed down as you will be when you're crashed out Wink

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Huski - 2017-03-23 14:27

(2017-03-23 14:10)Ras Wrote:  I tend to slow down at crossroads and look to the sides before i blast through it with sirens blaring. You will be slowed down, yes, but you won't be as slowed down as you will be when you're crashed out Wink

I honestly was going to stop there (Me being the suspect) however I knew the cop was right on my tail, so if I got killed then I'm done, but the chance of him getting killed too. But sadly when I was thinking about it the safety of stopping was lower then actually belting along it.

A lot of TC cop chases I've been in have been filled with split second decisions, which doesn't help when your trying to run safely.

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Carl - 2017-03-23 17:04

Both cars showed no intention of slowing down, so gg rip. many danger!

Yeah I'm with Ras, I'm not one to play chicken on the cross roads, even with sirens I'll slow down a bit. xD

Fair play though if the COP was on your tail, both should slow down. Smile

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Audiojack - 2017-03-23 17:51

This junction is also pretty nasty because you can't see approaching cars from the map when it's crowded, and the visibility is poor. W00t
[Image: UpKXGKP.jpg]

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Huski - 2017-03-23 17:55

(2017-03-23 17:04)Nismo Wrote:  Both cars showed no intention of slowing down, so gg rip. many danger!

Yeah I'm with Ras, I'm not one to play chicken on the cross roads, even with sirens I'll slow down a bit. xD

Fair play though if the COP was on your tail, both should slow down. Smile

Even though this'll sound bad, I didn't notice that XFG, I was across just as he would've been in view for completion. Though as I didn't hear an engine it didn't actually occur to me, thankfully though everyone was cool with eachother, hence why I made this video.

(2017-03-23 17:51)Audiojack Wrote:  This junction is also pretty nasty because you can't see approaching cars from the map when it's crowded, and the visibility is poor. W00t
[Image: UpKXGKP.jpg]

Yeah, it is one of the worst ones IMO. Its hard to see with the Rav 4 and brick box in the way from the way your coming, but the bins, fence and tree's make it a bit sucky for this too. Maybe a bridge on this would be very useful for safety, due to this not being all too safe.

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Borja - 2017-03-23 18:30

(2017-03-23 17:55)Huski Wrote:  Maybe a bridge on this would be very useful for safety, due to this not being all too safe.

-1. Stop creating bridges for everything, them are ugly, not soft, and sometimes, them aren't used as how expected (ie: jumping over them). Irl, we have lots of junctions with low pov, so, if we're on trying to simulate a city, why we should change it? Tongue Crashes are part of the life, game, and funny so, try to drive carefull over there, check the map, or try to drive fast and be luck to don't cross anyone Tongue

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Brad - 2017-03-23 19:39

Well the give-way lines are quite clear. If someone blasts through a junction like that and causes an accident then it will always be the guy who didn't observe the give-way line who is at fault.

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Brixton - 2017-03-23 20:18

Why we don´t make everything one way? Rolleyes
Then forbit the left turn and nobody will ever get another crash.

Come on guys there is no reason to make every point perfectly safe, even on a cruising server. Some accidents bringt some fun and more realistic situations on the server. Crashes bring jobs for COP, RES/MED and TOW.

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Audiojack - 2017-03-23 20:35

(2017-03-23 19:39)Brad Wrote:  Well the give-way lines are quite clear. If someone blasts through a junction like that and causes an accident then it will always be the guy who didn't observe the give-way line who is at fault.

That's true, although in my example I'm stopped at the junction, I was stopped there for a long time and still ended up touching someone blasting down Main when I carefully turned out. W00t With people parked there it's difficult to see.

[Image: ymnWHkw.jpg]

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Chuck - 2017-03-24 06:33

That stretch of road should be 50kph anyway , not 100.

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Huski - 2017-03-24 07:51

(2017-03-24 06:33)Chuck Wrote:  That stretch of road should be 50kph anyway , not 100.

I agree since it'll stop //this// happening.

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Marty - 2017-03-24 11:31

Oh the times I get hit from behind because people dont expect you to stop for a red light...

Also, I notice many people honking at me when I dont drive off when the light is orange before it turns green..
I believe the orange light is meant to engage 1st gear and clutch, not to drive off..

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Yukine - 2017-03-24 11:33

50 kph and a weird road à la Française.

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Chuck - 2017-03-24 11:44

(2017-03-24 11:31)Marty Wrote:  I believe the orange light is meant to engage 1st gear and clutch, not to drive off..

http://www.city-driving.co.uk/manual/traffic_lights

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Huski - 2017-03-24 12:08

(2017-03-24 11:31)Marty Wrote:  Oh the times I get hit from behind because people dont expect you to stop for a red light...

Also, I notice many people honking at me when I dont drive off when the light is orange before it turns green..
I believe the orange light is meant to engage 1st gear and clutch, not to drive off..

From what I see IRL (With my parents driving) Orange is when they go.

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - BP - 2017-03-24 12:29

(2017-03-24 12:08)Huski Wrote:  
(2017-03-24 11:31)Marty Wrote:  Oh the times I get hit from behind because people dont expect you to stop for a red light...

From what I see IRL (With my parents driving) Orange is when they go.

Well they probably shouldn't.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/light-signals-controlling-traffic

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Ras - 2017-03-24 12:30

On red+amber, you can get in gear, release brakes and start rolling. Time it so that when you cross the line and enter the junction, the light just turned green.

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - BP - 2017-03-24 12:30

RE: I now love Blackwood's crossroads - Rout - 2017-03-24 12:48

What about we install mirrors on the crossings?