[TC] Gaming Forums
New football addition - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: New football addition (/showthread.php?tid=25837)

New football addition - Adorable - 2017-03-26 10:01

Hi,

I just wanna ask about some numbers, how many reports for a yellow card to be shown, and how long is the break when a red card is received?

-Dee

RE: New football addition - Thomas - 2017-03-26 10:05

Takes two yellows to get a red, and you will have to sit out for one match.

RE: New football addition - Kyle - 2017-03-26 10:14

[Image: bVGIgcw.jpg]

That's what the yellow card with message looks like. The "red card" hasn't actually been added yet.

(2017-03-26 10:05)Thomas Wrote:  Takes two yellows to get a red, and you will have to sit out for one match.

Excellent! Smile

RE: New football addition - Adorable - 2017-03-26 10:21

Sounds like it is open to abuse, we'll see.

RE: New football addition - Chuck - 2017-03-26 10:37

The "yellow card" is an assessment of a user's recent behaviour.
Currently, by trying to analyse the reports against somebody in the recent past. (ie 24 hours)

Yellow basically means, some threshold value is currently exceeded. The "red" threshold will at some point issue bans.

We first need to gather more information about this before anything like a red card can be done.
The general idea behind it is to discipline those who constantly cause trouble and, ideally, at some point serve justice at even 4am, when no admin is around.

RE: New football addition - Owl - 2017-03-26 11:53

(2017-03-26 10:21)Adorable Wrote:  Sounds like it is open to abuse, we'll see.

Your point is totally valid. No doubt about that. Perhaps along with the !report function, we have a section on the TC URS website where people can upload a replay with a timestamp if the [TC] Members would like to verify !reports.

The way it would work (Example):
  • Player A reports Player B for "Ramming" and adds a side note "with Excessive Swearing"
  • The !report would be given a Report Number which would be assigned to Player A's username. (Like the ticketing system for cops).
  • Player A could then log into the !report section of the URS. A list of !reports with the Report Numbers next to them will appear
  • They would then select the relevant report number and upload a replay along with the timestamps to prove the !report is valid. This report in the list would say "PENDING"
  • [TC] Can then check the report, then mark is as "VERIFIED" in green if the report is good to go or "INVALID" if the report is invalid then Player A shall receive a warning not to abuse the system. ("VERIFIED" or "INVALID" would replace "PENDING" in the report list)

This could prevent abuse. Just my 2 cents Smile

RE: New football addition - Carl - 2017-03-26 11:54

Not saying people will, but can this system be used as an 'attack' to some innocent guy if the punishment is not handed out by an admin?

If the reports are well timed, and no replay is saved when the report is submitted then it would be pretty hard to find out what's gone on.

Edit: didn't see adorables post, but still curious. Tongue

RE: New football addition - Ash - 2017-03-26 11:56

In theory Owl that is a good suggestion. But I don't think people understand how much !report is actually used. If we had to check every single !report with an attached replay, we would have no admins on the servers atall as it would be too time consuming! Smile

@Nismo. It's early days. Obviously doing what you mentioned would be classed as insim abuse and the user would be dealt with accordingly.

I do understand people have their concerns, but it's in the early stages and is good to see how it runs and get feedback from the community

RE: New football addition - Audiojack - 2017-03-26 12:03

I like the concept, hope it works out well enough and you can find satisfying solutions to any early-stage problems there may be.

RE: New football addition - Owl - 2017-03-26 12:27

(2017-03-26 11:56)Ash Wrote:  In theory Owl that is a good suggestion. But I don't think people understand how much !report is actually used.

Thanks Smile But is it really used that much?! 0.0

RE: New football addition - Huski - 2017-03-26 13:21

Should I make my name Pepe and try to get yellow cards?

RE: New football addition - Ash - 2017-03-27 07:12

(2017-03-26 12:27)Owl Wrote:  
(2017-03-26 11:56)Ash Wrote:  In theory Owl that is a good suggestion. But I don't think people understand how much !report is actually used.

Thanks Smile But is it really used that much?! 0.0

Put it this way, we would have to get every single [TC] Member to complete atleast 2 replay reviews just for yesterday alone if they all had replays attached.

RE: New football addition - Pete - 2017-03-27 07:18

Yeah, we get a lot of ingame reports, there's no way we could check them all. The development of this new system has been needed for a long time and we have come up with a few ideas to prevent abuse. Unfortunately, to make sure the anti-abuse system can't be exploited, the exact nature of it won't be public knowledge.

RE: New football addition - Huski - 2017-03-27 08:46

A....And he's gone down in the box! That's a red card to Pepe and a 1 day ban from TC!!!!