[TC] Gaming Forums
[TC] Automarket suggestion - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [TC] Automarket suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=25896)

[TC] Automarket suggestion - Carl - 2017-04-01 17:32

So right now, the market it flooded with cheap cars which is great in a way, but they all depreciate in value at the same rate.

I think having cars depreciate at random rates would make the market more interesting imo, what do you think? is this to hard to implement?

e.g

[Image: 6696ec65434ad535dec511b951d284e1.png]

Those 2 cars are the exact same price, but maybe there could be some maths equation which would give you a better deal if you kept searching around.

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - Barney - 2017-04-01 19:20

I've often thought about suggesting the Previous Owners to influence the value of a car, as it currently is already logged, has no real use and is kind of realistic. Guess that shouldnt be too hard to implement.

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - Chuck - 2017-04-01 19:56

Atm, the determined "value" represents the remaining distance in relation to its new price. There is no room for speculations.

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - Barney - 2017-04-01 21:31

Although this is gettin quite off nismos topic and i have no clue how the insimcoding works, dont you have a part where you calculate the value, where you could just do value = value*(1-(0,01*previousowner)) or something like that? Just to add some variety.

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - Carl - 2017-04-01 23:12

(2017-04-01 21:31)Barney Wrote:  add some variety.

I'd like that too. I'd like to see more variables to make the market more interesting than just the same cars losing condition over time.

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - Tingle - 2017-04-04 03:42

In a strict sense the market is 'efficient' in that there is no room for speculation, as mentioned by Chuck. But I do see your point, it would make things slightly more interesting and add an element of realism, given most real markets (especially car markets), are not efficient.

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - Adam - 2017-04-04 10:06

I don't think the automarket needs any changes

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - GOOMB - 2017-04-05 21:35

imo opinion it would be great to have that feature, it would actually make it fun while searching for the right car, with the best price.

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - gigawert - 2017-04-12 00:35

I also think that the number of heavy crashes and # of times that car has been in a chase should influence the price. Or it could base the price off of previous owners' cop/robber XP, as that is already implemented. Irl, not many people would want a car with a lot of hard driving in its history unless they were looking for a cheap car.

Additionally, cars with a lot of hard driving history as stated above should be more prone to breaking down or engine stalling.

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - Lewis2212 - 2017-04-13 23:33

(2017-04-12 00:35)gigawert Wrote:  I also think that the number of heavy crashes and # of times that car has been in a chase should influence the price. Or it could base the price off of previous owners' cop/robber XP, as that is already implemented. Irl, not many people would want a car with a lot of hard driving in its history unless they were looking for a cheap car.

Additionally, cars with a lot of hard driving history as stated above should be more prone to breaking down or engine stalling.

I personally definitely agree with this. Would be really interesting to see something like this implemented.

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - Huski - 2017-04-14 15:33

Can we just make a TC EBay instead?

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - Pinkz - 2017-04-14 21:46

(2017-04-14 15:33)Huski Wrote:  Can we just make a TC EBay instead?

There already is a thread on selling cars with specialities. E.g. VINs
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2653&page=3

RE: [TC] Automarket suggestion - Huski - 2017-04-15 03:14

(2017-04-14 21:46)Pinkz Wrote:  
(2017-04-14 15:33)Huski Wrote:  Can we just make a TC EBay instead?

There already is a thread on selling cars with specialities. E.g. VINs
http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2653&page=3

I know this exists, but I mean a proper platform, not a forum post but a platform ingame as well to link to a external sub such as AutoMarket.